Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
mtman

Motorcycles

Hi Hazel

Welcome to the forum. Not too far from me either.

Tell us more about the trike. and yourself.

You can put a bit more about yourself in the "introductions" section

Probably more people will read it there and you will get more "welcomes"

Nice to meet ya

John

hello hazel,

welcome here.....you see, we don´t discuss only prosthetic stuff.

third wheel...hm.....i would prefer then a sidecar, but parking is then the same as with a car.....not so good in a bigger town :)

ciao thomas

It's got clicktronic gears

Must get my eyes tested that c and l are too close together, just looked like a d to me :D :o

Hioyya evevryonnes . yaaa , therree are lotos sof thinggs thatt yopu canbeinngto doiinng to makiinngyour mototorcycle better foor youu .

Thhere arre kitts madded foor mostt bikes to beiinng movvingthte sidee stnadd too the other side to if you wnatinngn for exmaplll e. Thhere arre aalos kits syouu can havvingn masdeed tooo movvinngtht ewsshifttingn stuffs to thhee rightt side of thht ebikke withh linnk agaeeess likke the oldder brroithishh bikees hgadded .

Siddecarrs are waayy cool byy the wayy . I havveiingn both a 1998 Panneuropeann1100 annd a 2005 PannEeuorropeann tooo anndn my 1998 bikke iis beingn a solo bikke but myy 205 willing havivngn a sidecarr for it . I am lokiingn at a accuusstonn mmade ssiodecarr foor myyy frommm SIDEBIKEe called theyhh COMAMANCHE . Itt is a waayy cool lokinngsidecarr annd it is not realyy madded for Hondda biikek ( anndwe alll KNOWINGG thatt HONDA mototoccyles ARE TTHEE WAYYY BESTTEST bikkes ) but i will ing havivngnit xcciusstomed madde foro mme for this bikke .

Annother reallyyy awsommem soidecarr is madded byy HANNIGAnnnn annd theh SDPORT moddel wiill workingn awsomeeme for mostt sport bikees too .

To ththeh foruumm memeember personn ( sorryy I fofrgoto youur nammee ) whoo was beingn askiignn aabout thte VFR , Yaa , you can gettinnghtemm inn both USA anndn Canada as hte VFR 800 which is a waaayy awssomem biikke ttolayy

Iff you arr elikkek me and misssinngn youur right legg for eexaampplle , you can still havviingnyouur rear brakiinng workriinng tooo just liikke befofre becuaase you cann cocmmmeecttiing it to your fronnt brakke lever with a specialll vallave innsosdee thtehh fronnt brakkee mastter cyclleeinnggdder to havvingn morer flfiud gogingn thrrougghh thtere .

Iff yiouu wanttinngn too rididng a amoroetcyclle , you CAN withh vveryy fewww moddififynnggss .

well marianne,

i will visit you then and test your new bike ;-) wich bike will you connect then with the new sidecar?

i would like to have the sidecar not in the "stiff" version as a third wheel, somnebody is producing them in a way , that you can go in "normal" way around the corners...we call it a "schwenker"...didn´t find a translation for that. maybe i will check the motorcycle catalogue over the weekend.

i know some people, who drive bikes with this "integral braking system" without any modifications.....they are amps at the right side....but i need something to shift the gears...;-)

left side amputations seem to be better for driving a car..:D

ciao thomas

Hiyyya Thomas ,, if youu ar eeloookiing forr a asidecarr that beingn leaniinngiwtth theh bike , you neeed to being gettingn a FLEXIT sidecarr . Thye arre qqguuiter goood annd i dided beign riding onne for a few weeksk a aferw yearrs aago . Itt takees lotts of egttinngusssed too becuase it iis qquite heavvyy anndn whenn youur leleeaniinngn morer , it takinggs lotts of strongnes too to notoo faliinngovver . wayy coool thtough . Thhe SIDEBIKKEe sidecarr will beiing oininnggoiinn g too my 2005 Pann Europpean but this iis waayy cooll becuase thhee sidecarr whell is also a steringnwhell . I roide onnee a a few yearrs too anndn WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWIIIIEEEEEEEEE. Thhere iis NO sport biike innthhee worlld oor NOR CARR in the worlld thatt cann hanndlle liike this sidecar ......ppeepriod !!!!!!!!!!!!!

well...i think i have to rob a bank first and the i can afford a bike... :lol:

maybe i can afford this one at the moment B)

hi again John,

My trike was built for me by a company called 'hanks chop shop' in Cardiff. I dont have a very good knee bend on my left leg and my right leg is a bit weak, i tried getting o a few bikes at first but i just couldn't fold up properly! so i had a go on a mates trike and decided that was the way to go. True , you can't cut through traffic as well but people tend to let you overtake because they want to have a better look a the machine :wub: .

cool. I love Hondas. My last bike was a CB600F and I learned to ride on a 125 Varedero. :D

Iff you arr elikkek me and misssinngn youur right legg for eexaampplle , you can still havviingnyouur rear brakiinng workriinng tooo just liikke befofre becuaase you cann cocmmmeecttiing it to your fronnt brakke lever with a specialll vallave innsosdee thtehh fronnt brakkee mastter cyclleeinnggdder to havvingn morer flfiud gogingn thrrougghh thtere .

Hi Marianne

A far better way to set up the rear brake is to opt for a 'thumb switch' on the left bar. This keeps the braking independent which is better if you dont have a system with proportion control valves. Besides sometimes it's nice just to trail a little rear brake into a bend if you need to lose some speed at the last moment :(

Hi chaps and chapesses,

my name's Hazel and this is my first post. :D

Gotta tell ya, I too love Hondas, although I've just had a Yamaha FZX 750 made into a trike. It's got clicktronic gears as i'm a lbk, it's a fab system and the fact that i've now got 3 wheels means I don't have the lack of left stabilizer!! :unsure:

Hi Hazel, are you a member of NABD by any chance ? I ask because they are big on building and advising on trikes.

Just out of interest the company that adapted my Blackbird are in Derby, the guy who owns the business is a LBK and he still races, how cool is that

OH and welcome to the site by the way :lol:

Hiya Mike,

yes , I am a member of NABD, they're brilliant help and a great laugh. Can't wait for the first rally of the year which is in fact 'you've been NABD 15'. I'm supposed to be getting interviewed by some TV station in Leeds.

(that's television, not transvestite) :P :unsure: :P

Hiya Mike,

yes , I am a member of NABD, they're brilliant help and a great laugh. Can't wait for the first rally of the year which is in fact 'you've been NABD 15'. I'm supposed to be getting interviewed by some TV station in Leeds.

(that's television, not transvestite) :P :unsure: :P

Hey I'm a member too, they helped me sort my bike with the ProShift system, have a look further back up this thread for the link to the pics I posted

If you are going up to Leeds, then you really do need to call into the world famous Squires biker cafe.

Squires Biker Cafe

ta chuck. that looks like a definate ride out for the warmer weekends! It's top now the lighter nights are here!! :unsure: lid on eh?

now if they would only make a nice soft tyre that would last all summer! ;)

I expect to get left behind in the traffic this year on all the ride outs, I don't mind though, it means I don't have to get the cokes in at the bar! :lol: :P :lol:

Wish they would I get less than 3000 miles on a back tyre

May I politely suggest -- you are a hooligan ---to much right wrist ----or is it the burn outs.

Thanks for the posts: The honda looks interesting for the older rider like me. I could be interested but afraid at the moment I have lost all desire to ride on the road again. That blind car driver has knocked it out of me. Actually I think I've chickened out. Have you seen the advert on telly about looking out for bikes. The one where the bike smashes into the side of the car pulling out from a junction?? I can't watch that.The first time I saw it, it really made me sick. so I don't watch it anymore.

Must get to the Squires cafe. I meant to go whilst I had the bike but was always too busy. Nice post.

Would they mind if turned up in a car???? :( Would they run me out ??? :unsure: May be I'll go on a slack day or when it's raining. ;)

Thanks Mike

John

Hi Hazel

Your trike sounds OK Pictures???? please. ( If we can post them yet)

I've applied for a shifter from NABD some weeks ago for a special racing bike I'm building.

I've heard nothing from them yet. Maybe I'll give them a call.

John

i'll put some pics up as soon as the page lets me. I would phone NABD if I were you, they are always busy but always there to to try and sort your prob out. You need to speak to Shirley. The latest mag is late out due to some staff sickness or something so maybe they're just a bit behind with correspondence. H :unsure:

Wish they would I get less than 3000 miles on a back tyre

May I politely suggest -- you are a hooligan ---to much right wrist ----or is it the burn outs.

Must get to the Squires cafe. I meant to go whilst I had the bike but was always too busy. Nice post.

Would they mind if turned up in a car???? :( Would they run me out ??? :unsure: May be I'll go on a slack day or when it's raining. ;)

Thanks Mike

John

Ahhh yes John got it in one .. too much twist and go ... :lol: But what the hell, that's what it's there fore.

Going in the car to Squires is not a problem if it's bursting at the seams with bikes then there is a 'CAR' park on the opposite side of the road. You should visit John.

Now that Honda automatic I would go for. I like the looks of it- A little on the sporty side with comfort included.

mtman