Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Awesome Blue

Thompson's Shower Protector

Having now used this product for a while, I feel it deserves to be included in this section.

A simple reliable method of allowing the user to take a shower whilst wearing the prosthetic limb. Just makes life 'on the go' so much easier.

Cannot imagine travelling now without taking mine with me.

Thompson Shower Protector

You might be interested to know, this is a product from our very own Jim T

Recently I did a favor for a friend. The first thing he asked me was: "How much do I owe you". I told him that: "He couldn't afford me". Which is my way of saying that some things I only do for friendship.

Any more than I could afford nice comments and friendships from the likes of Mike - and the others of you that I have met on this forum

There is no price on friendships. They can only be given.

Thank you all. Thanks Mike.

Jim Question- These shower legs look fantastic. However being an AK if I was to put that on my prosthetic I would need to wear my brace and shoe on my good leg as well-the height would be significantly differently!

And my shoe would get wet-don't think I'm blonde, just curious

Any suggestions?

... And so this should be posted here Jim ;)

You have successfully designed and manufactured a product which serves only to help other amputees. That is so admirable.

I am so grateful that Mike told you about us and that you decided to join our forum. You are an invaluable member ;)

Thank you :D

Hi Jim T,

got my shower protector today......WOW,

all i can say is 'FABULOUS' :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

everyone should have one of these great, simple yet very very effective gizmos xx

Mel..... Blonde is good. One daughter, (the other two, one a brunette, and one auburn like her mother, ) 4 graddaughters and 3 great-granddaughters are all natural blondes. Not to mention a son two grandsons and 1 great-grandson. I sure hear about it when I send the "blonde" jokes to my granddaughters.

Now, to be serious for a minute. You do have some special needs. Up until last year, I only made the BK protector, until a 78 year old AK from Florida, called and wanted one. I told him that I couldn't vouch for it as I could the AK, because I was a BK and had only experience with it. Anyway, I designed one for him, and in short, that is his AK picture in the web site. It worked so well that he sent the testimonial and the picture and told me to use it.

With that said, If you have any ideas on what you think might work for you, let me know and I will be glad to have it made and see if it will work.

Write me at: jim@thompsonsllc.com and I will be glad to discuss this further with you and see if we can't come up with something.

Thank you for your comments Hazel.

You know, it takes about 10 days to Canada, right next door here, but only about 4 to 5 days to the UK, and costs the same in shipping.

Go Figure. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Guest bearlover

I do have a shower leg. But it is to incconvient to use. to much work. I usually use the "old ladies in shower chair" to shower. It is all the little things that come with amputation that get under my skin! :rolleyes:

I too have Jim T s' Shower Protector. I hated the shower chair.

I will be ordering another one when I need it.