&*@ts
:o :o :o

Hazel!! I didn't think girls used that word

:blink: erm... did I say &*@ts?

I meant to say t*@t$

sorry :P

Northern girls Muz, they know how to call a spade a shovel :lol: :lol:

my ol' mum must be so proud!! :P

Well, nothing on my bike yet. They have one suspect in custody and should have the other sometime today. They are deifinitly link with a stolen ATV I found and some other things. But haven't admitted to taking my bike. The police are very sure they are who took it, but can't get them to admit it yet.

I talked to my lawyer yesterday, before calling the tv station to give them the ok to run a photo and story on the news. He confirmed my fears. I am still waiting for the court date (August?) with the guy that hit me, and the lawyer said that when the other side saw the news, they would hire a private investigator to come to my next race and video me riding. This could then be used in court against me to show how little effect losing a leg has had on my life. Same with the news paper.

I also called my homeowner's insurance company to report my claim. They don't normally cover such things, but my policy book makes an exception if the vehicle is "Designed for assisting the handicapped." I think my bike was...So, the first lady actually laughed when I started telling about the bike and what the policy states. She even said "Well, if you say so :lol: ..." :wub::angry::angry: I could have crawled through that phone and...When I spoke with a different lady, I started off by telling her that I knew I had a unique situation and that I did not want to be predjudiced against because of it. Everything I would say is the truth and that I can't "fake" a missing leg. She was nice and tried to explain that they didn't cover that and I read the section to her over the phone. She says she'll run my claim through and sombody will call me, probably monday. I don't think she has much faith.

And the mountain gets steeper...

But, I'll handle it. Not looking forward to it, but I'll handle it.

This could then be used in court against me to show how little effect losing a leg has had on my life. Same with the news paper.

Shane, grrrrrr! :wub::angry:

Yeah, so we adjust to our crappy situation and THEN it ain't nothing but a thang??? Let ME at them! I am so very p-o ed!

*sigh* hang in there feller... Keep us apprised. I'm sure everyone here will be just as outraged as I am.

Isn't it interesting how insurance companies seem to insure things they want to, isn't it? :angry:

I'd take note of what your lawyer says, Shane. A few years ago a friend of mine, was in a coma for 8 weeks (following an accident at work - a heavy piece of equipment fell on him) and when he became concious, they discovered that he had lost his memory. Before the settlement, he was spied on for about 6 months & it was so stressful for him! :wub:

I'm sorry your problems appear to be here to stay...eventually everything will resolve...it will get better, I'm sure.

Lizzie :)

And I bet you will. No doubt.

I talked to my lawyer yesterday, before calling the tv station to give them the ok to run a photo and story on the news. He confirmed my fears. I am still waiting for the court date (August?) with the guy that hit me, and the lawyer said that when the other side saw the news, they would hire a private investigator to come to my next race and video me riding. This could then be used in court against me to show how little effect losing a leg has had on my life. Same with the news paper.

As much as this must suck, Shane, I think you have a very good lawyer here, who is just looking out for your best interests. You do NOT want to jeopardise your case or even have private detectives come and put you under surveillance. The stress of going to trial will quite possibly take alot out of you .. you want to get a good result at the end of it.

I have no doubt that you will Shane. You're already a fighter ;)

I hope you get your bike back or that the insurance company comes through and you get a replacement. Having the media on your side will probably help with that, don't forget to mention it to the paper pushers ;)

It's not easy taking problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line.

~Ashleigh Brilliant

VERY good advice, Marcus. I hope to get a call from the insurance monday. We'll see how it goes...