Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

Rachel

I dont blame you!

I wake up thinking I'd like to know but if i had a dream like that I'd be gutted.

Lisa

Hi

I have discussed this subject many times with my friend. I have been feeling really low and I had my first dream which I remembered, where I had a false leg. The leg didn't look like the false leg I have but it was clearly a false leg. I cried my eyes out when I told my partner about it. The dream wasn't very nice anyway as I particularly remember someone purposely tripping me up. Extremely weird!!!

Lisa

Guest bearlover

I dream that I have 2 perfectly normal legs....Something I never ever had. And that I can wear any type of shoe I want. :)

I don't know how I missed this thread before.

I have never dreamed of myself with two legs probably because even pre amp I didn;t have two normal legs. The worst ones are when I suddenly find myself amonst people without my prosthesis on and I don't know where it is (or I know it is not with me). I suppose as I don't usually remove my leg in front of other people that's why I go cold at the thought of being trapped amongst strangers without it.

Sue

I dreamed about cigarettes after I stopped smoking and I still have the odd dream about them now!

I dreamed about cigarettes after I stopped smoking and I still have the odd dream about them now!

I sometimes dream I'm smoking a cigarette. And when I wake up, I'm a little p****d. I did so enjoy them B)

I dream about getting married (which i a long way away!) a lot. The wedding, the dress, the shoes (which are high heels <_< ) I have been an amp. since I was 2 so I guess I dream with just one foot. I haven't really thought about it though...

When I do remember a dream I'm featureless - just a spirit. The rest of the dream is just fantasy and I can't repeat that on here. :D

When I do remember a dream I'm featureless - just a spirit. The rest of the dream is just fantasy and I can't repeat that on here. :D

lol!!

Did you know that everyone dreams all night long but not everyone can remember them? I heard that on the news once...

Hi

I really want to make legs one day...but then there are so many, and since my amputation, skys the limit.

:)

Lesley

I remember all my dreams and only recently have started having dreams about being one-legged!

When i was in hospital after the op and on morphine i had some really freaky ones!

The most recent was in car park trying to find my first car a red golf, but for some reason i could not get my leg on!

NEIL

Neil, I wonder if, in time, we'll have "can't find my leg" or "can't get my leg on" dreams in the same way we have the traditional "unprepared for a test" or "can't find the meeting" dreams! I've been dreaming "one-legged" right from the first, but only recently have I had dreams about missing / malfunctioning prostheses. The last one, I was being pushed off a tall wall, Humpty-Dumpty style. I knew I had to land on my feet, or else I'd suffer Humpty's fate, and as I fell I was wailing, "Noooooo.....! I don't have my leg on.......!"

I woke up with a start, and it took me a couple of minutes to fall back to sleep. :blink:

Crazy! I guess I have fully accepted being an amputee...

Last night I was dreaming I was looking a houses to buy. In my dreams I was paying special attention to the bathrooms, to make sure they would work for me, being an amputee and all!

I find this a GOOD thing!

:D

I put my leg on in the morning just like I do my clothes and shoes, and take them off at night. Other than that, I don't give it any more thought than my shoes or pants - I don't think of them, until they need attention.

I just don't think "amputee", awake or dreaming. I really couldn't tell you. My dreams, never are about my leg - when and if I do dream.

"I yam what I yam". A whole person, with or without my leg.

Guest bearlover
I put my leg on in the morning just like I do my clothes and shoes, and take them off at night. Other than that, I don't give it any more thought than my shoes or pants - I don't think of them, until they need attention.

I just don't think "amputee", awake or dreaming. I really couldn't tell you. My dreams, never are about my leg - when and if I do dream.

"I yam what I yam". A whole person, with or without my leg.

Amen to that Jim! we are all whole people! :) :)