Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sunshine

The McCartneys Versus the Fur Trade

Hi, Did anyone see the TV programme on BBC1 'Real Story Special - The McCartneys Versus the Fur Trade'?. (Wed 19th April 06) What did you think?

I thought Heather did great, she definately got the message across. It was about the fur trade using cats and dogs fur. There was some distressing footage of a man skinning an alsation dog whilst it was alive because apparently the fur is better quality :blink: .

There was a coat with i think 21 cats furs :huh:

I just cannot even try to think what people are thinking, or not thinking when they wear these animals.

Love Yvonne

:huh:

Hi Yvonne,

since November 2004 I have [hallelujah] been able to receive BBC and a couple of other

UK based TV programmes.

You may remember that I initiated the 'Dog & Cat Fur Petion' thread.

However, I just could not bring myself to watch the programme.

A couple of years ago I saw a photo of a dog in a Philipino dog-butcher's shop, with its

FORELEGS tied BEHIND its back!

How can anyone be so cruel to another of God's creatures?

The picture kept haunting me for weeks, and made me feel like wanting to run amok

in any number of these hellish places.

Love,

Mike

P.S. These people deserve to burn in hell.

hi Sunshine,

I'm with Mike on this one... It's great that Heather is in there getting it sorted, but I can't bring myself to watch. I end up in tears and haunted for ages by the images.

I know that's the point, I'm not ignorant, I'm sensitive.

It takes a special someone to get out there and do this much needed type of work,

That's Heather isn't it.

Special x

Thanks Heather

Hi Mike and Hazel,

Yes i agree, these people make me want to break all rules and hunt them down.

I was not going to watch it myself, i wish also that i did not, the picture in my head of that poor Alsation dog is in the back of my mind most of the time. I just wish the people who wear these clothes think the same.

Life is not fair :( .

Love Yvonne

Dear Hazel & Yvonne,

of course, there are callous and sadistic people to be found everywhere.

There are those macho pimp and gangster types who stage dog fights to bet on.

There is the plight of the pitiable 'dancing bears' in south eastern Europe.

Nobody has the right to make another of God's creatures suffer, but it is a

shame for humankind that there should be brutes who derive pleasure from

doing so.

There seems to be a cultural divide though.

Unfortunately in some Asian countries people seem to be lacking pity or empathy

for animals altogether, whether it's the Chow eating Koreans, or other dog

eating nations like the Chinese and Philippinos, or Chinese drawing off bile from

the gall-bladders of miserable bears.

I have been married to a Filipina for 26 years, and found that attitudes can quickly

change in a totally different environment - love for animals can be learnt.

What a contrast though - Buddhist monks in Thailand rearing tigers to preserve

the species from extinction.

It can be a sad world sometimes!

Let us be thankful for celebrities who raise these issues with a prospect of being

more successful in rousing attention than we mere mortals.

Love,

Mike RHD

P.S. The happiest times of my childhood were those spent with my aunt where I could

play with no less than four boxers.

If you believe in reincarnation - history's greatest villains must be reborn as dogs

in Asia.

If I was an olmpic athlete I'd definitely boycott the Olmpic Games in Peking.

Paul McCartney has announced a boycott of China as far as live tour performances

are concerned.

Hi, Did anyone see the TV programme on BBC1 'Real Story Special - The McCartneys Versus the Fur Trade'?. (Wed 19th April 06) What did you think?

I thought Heather did great, she definately got the message across. It was about the fur trade using cats and dogs fur. There was some distressing footage of a man skinning an alsation dog whilst it was alive because apparently the fur is better quality :unsure: .

There was a coat with i think 21 cats furs :blink:

I just cannot even try to think what people are thinking, or not thinking when they wear these animals.

Love Yvonne

I think there must be a special place in hell for those who abuse

god's creatures. JudyH

Guest bearlover

I went to the sight about the skinning of dogs and cats. It breaks my heart :angry:

Being a hughe animal lover. It really up sets me to see such loving animals being abused. Hell is not hot enough for these people who harm these sweet innocent animals. This really disturbed me seeing the pictures. I hope a stop to this comes soon! :(

I saw the programme and it was so refreshing and inspiring to see celebrities who are extremely busy and also who don't have to do anything ever again if they don't want to, working so tirelessly to defend those without a voice. I am so grateful to Heather and Paul for all they've done.

Guest bearlover
:blink::angry: I second that nomorelandminds! our precious animals are at risk also. They are doing so much to try to save the beautiful creatures. The sight is very heart breaking , And brought tears to my eyes. Seeing the poor dogs and cats being slautered alive! Just for the fur. something has to be done!

Guest bearlover

Just heard on the news that Heather and Paul have sepertaed? Is this true :o ?

Guest bearlover

To Bad, I also heard that they are blaming the media? Maybe they will getback together.

I thought Heather did great, she definately got the message across. It was about the fur trade using cats and dogs fur. There was some distressing footage of a man skinning an alsation dog whilst it was alive because apparently the fur is better quality :huh: .

There was a coat with i think 21 cats furs :unsure:

Love Yvonne

:wub:

I think there must be a special place in hell for those who abuse

god's creatures. JudyH

Amen!

What's up Marilyn?

What's up Marilyn?

Hey Stumped, you must be online right now... I'm doing pretty well. I'm a new amp and just discovering what I can do. It has been a heckuva journey (as are all of our stories!).

What's up with you?

Marilyn

Guest bearlover

This was very sad :( It really up set me. Honestly, Could not sleep. Being a HUGE dog lover. It still really makes me so angry! :huh::unsure::wub::angry::angry:

Guest bearlover

Hey Stumped if you watch this it is very sick and up setting. I could not watch the whole thing :blink: I'm in tears over this... :( I won't get it off my mind...Poor animals..Such sickness :huh: :(

Bear,

I also watched about 3 minutes of it and was very sick, angry and apalled! I knew of this stuff going on but it really brings it home to see it! I really am at a lose for words.

Stumped

What's up Marilyn?

Hey Stumped, you must be online right now... I'm doing pretty well. I'm a new amp and just discovering what I can do. It has been a heckuva journey (as are all of our stories!).

What's up with you?

Marilyn

Hey there Kiddo! Sorry I haven't been good on checkin' in but I've been in and out of the hospital and going back next week for about 4 days. I'm doin , .....ok, I guess. It'll be better after the Hospital crap is thru. I am walkin' good and getting around just fine. Bearlover keeps me on my toes and I tell her everything. She is a great inspiration to & for me.

What's up Marilyn?

What's up with you?

Marilyn

Hey there Kiddo! Sorry I haven't been good on checkin' in but I've been in and out of the hospital and going back next week for about 4 days. I'm doin , .....ok, I guess. It'll be better after the Hospital crap is thru. I am walkin' good and getting around just fine. Bearlover keeps me on my toes and I tell her everything. She is a great inspiration to & for me.

Stumped, I must've missed something.... what is going on with you and your stump? Why are you in and out of the hospitals?! Lordy, I hope this is relatively minor (though none of this seems minor at the time!).

Let me know what's going on...

Marilyn,

No.you haven't missed anything. The hospital stuff isn't related to the amputation. It's alittle long winded and a little more personal than I'd like to share thats all. I'll be fine, promise! ;)

Stumped