Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Marilyn

Somebody Stop Me!

Ok, I've gone internet shopping today! Whoo Hoo! I already told Ally I ordered a pair of Crocs in Fuschia!

And then, I went to FredsLegs and ordered the fabric pictured below to be laminated onto my new socket... My prosthetist has never done the fancy lamination :wub: so I'm gonna be the first in Cincy (by this leggist, anyway!). So I thought I'd ease them into it with ordering a kit that has instructions and all that.

I actually called the wife of "Fred" and these seem like good people! He is a prosthetist who branched out with his wife in creating Freds Legs. Cool People. Weird coincidence that they are in Dania, Florida -- the same little town south of Ft. Lauderdale that my son moved to 5 years ago! Small world, eh?!

(And lest people think I'm flinging $$ about -- well tomorrow's my birthday and these are what I wanted. Hubby should be happy, he doesn't have to shop now!) :D

post-1565-1145642780_thumb.jpg

Marilyn--early happy birthday!! The fabric is great. I've ordered from them before too. It didn't really work for me at least for the outside of my prosthesis but works great when laminated on. You will be very stylish!!

Have a great day and on your birthday you don't have to worry about money or calories!!

Take care.

Carol

Marilyn,

I have several that I wear and I love them my favorite is my purple zebra!

Hey Marylin,

I went to their site and I'm thinking: Man, I would sure make that "brown swirl" look good!! B) :P :lol:

Oh, in case I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Oooo...you dark horse, Marilyn! ;)

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Love the design you chose, by the way! :D

Lizzie xx :)

PS The wife of "Fred", sounds like a character from a horror movie... :wub:

Oooo...you dark horse, Marilyn! ;)

:D Dark horse, is this the same as "shrinking violet"?? Yeah, that'd be me! Reason I wrote 'wife of Fred' is that the prosthetist is not named Fred, but something else. Go figure!

Thanks, ALL, for the well wishes!

Happy Birthday Marilyn........

It must have been a good day for April... Grand dad's birthday was the 22nd also...

I have about 4 of the Fred's legs sleeves as well and like them.. I have one (in Camo) that I use here on the farm when I want to wear shorts, and don't want to get a lot of dirt down inside my socket, like when I'm using the riding lawnmower.....Needless to say, Hubby gets a kick out of it and cracks a lot of jokes about not being able to 'see" the leg...It works well in keeping the stuff out of the socket...... Not only that, but sometimes, they provide ''slip'' inside of a pair of jeans or slacks when you feel like that you need it. They allow the material to slide over the knee a little better....

They're fun as well. Had one on at a family reunion the first time after my amputation and a friend that was with a relative wondered what kind of "fashion statement" that I was trying to make until she realized that the leg wasn't quite real! :lol: :lol: I got a really good chuckle from that one...

Enjoy, and have a nice day tomorrow.....

Higgy

Reason I wrote 'wife of Fred' is that the prosthetist is not named Fred, but something else. Go figure!

I know, I know...it's just that it sounded like a horror movie:

Ladies and gentlemen, showing next week at the Regal Cinema...

...a spine chilling but cautionary tale...

...'The wife of Fred' :angry:

Lizzie :)

...a spine chilling but cautionary tale...

...'The wife of Fred' :wub:

Lizzie :)

Be afraid, be VERY afraid!! :angry:

:D Lizzie is cool!

happy birthday honey

I've got 5 of freds legs, love em, my fave is pink camo and i just got red dragon last week,

I also ordered a pair of crocs in pink today!!!!

great minds eh? ;)

I've got 5 of freds legs, love em, my fave is pink camo and i just got red dragon last week,

I also ordered a pair of crocs in pink today!!!!

great minds eh? ;)

Egads!! Too weird! The red dragon is my very first choice... but I'm waiting til fall to get that one cause all my clothes currently have the colors in Peacock (the one I chose!)... I'm having peacock permanently laminated on, but since I'm new at this, I'm sure by fall I'll have shrunk even more and THEN I'll get red dragon permanently laminated on! Of course, I realize I can get any of these sleeves to go over the permanent design! (have I blabbed enough?) Hmmm, I need a job!

What shade of pink did you get for your crocs?? I got the deep pink -- fushia. (I'm starting to get scared, Hazel!) :huh: ............. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND, HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY, HEALTH,

TIME TREATS YOU KIND, HAVE MANY MORE BIRTHDAYS

AND BE PROUD OF EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE

IN YOUR LIFE.

love dea

What shade of pink did you get for your crocs?? I got the deep pink -- fushia. (I'm starting to get scared, Hazel!) :huh: ............. :D

I was very tempted by the fuchia, you must be braver than me (BTW you do NOT look your age ;) ). I went for the light pink because they match some cropped pants that i love to wear. BUT.... if they are as comfy as they claim to be... i'll be buying more colours right away!! :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYLIN,

I hope you are having a wonderful day.

I do not know if i have said but i look up to you and think you are doing marvolously well. I had my amputation 3 months after you so i am always pleased to know how you are progressing.

Love Yvonne

:huh:

I can show you firsthand what the peacock looks like on a socket. It was laminated to a black carbon fiber socket. You could go with a white socket if you want brighter color. I enjoyed it for the year I wore it. People most thought it looked like a bowling ball.

post-1470-1145705650_thumb.jpgpost-1470-1145705672_thumb.jpgpost-1470-1145705733_thumb.jpg

Happy Birthday Marilyn.

Just had a look at Freds legs site and I'm going to have to order that red dragon for my next socket :lol:

Thanks to all for the happy birthdays (NOT my original intent in writing this post!), but I'll take the Happy's! Last year (on my 50th) I was in the hospital for one of my "killer" surgeries... Much happier today.

Neal! So cool, I got to see my leg in action! And whatta man to wear a coordinating shirt! :D

Hazel, if Neal can wear a fushia shirt, go get those fuschia shoes! :D :P But seriously, I'm with you, if these shoes feel like I want them to, I'll get a pair in every color!

Yvonne, there was a whole set of months that I really didn't think I'd ever walk again... *sigh* I had so many weird "extras" -- messed up knee, bad contractures and lack of muscle strength, etc. Plus, being older didn't help (I was never very active before). So, even though my progress is s-l-o-w, I'm happy to feel that I finally am moving forward. Thanks for all the Sunshine you bring here! :D

It's the sun. It really is a true red shirt. I wouldn't wear fushia on my life. I do have a pair of hand-me-down purple Crocs though. I only wear them around the house.

hey Marilyn,

I think my crocks are gonna arrive in the morning!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOO Excited!!!!! :P

Helooooo Marilyn

I keep reading the Happy Birthdays here, but have no idea when it is.

Sooooo, Happy Birthday, before, now, or later.

This way I make sure to get mine in.

Happy Birthday Marilyn!!! I hope you had a great day and that all your wishes come true, but until then enjoy!! w7nfus.gif

Sheila lbk

Keep Smiling :)

Many thanks to my cool new friends... Just think, if I still had both my legs, I wouldn't know you all! Gotta see the bright side don'tcha know?!

Jim, my b-day is today, April 22. Had a very good day. Hubby and I took my mom for a long, long ride (just got home!). We drove up the Ohio River and all the Redbud, Dogwood and Kawazii (?) Cherry trees are in full bloom... I sure wish I'd thought to take a camera! Then we stopped at a local winery, bought some wine, stopped to eat and now I'm pooped!

:D :P :D

Happy Birthday, Marilyn. Meant to do it earlier but have been gone all day. Anyway, hope it was a good one. Sounds like you got everything you wanted :)

By the way, last night I ordered some pink Crocs. There was free shipping but I decided to pay $3.85 to get them in 2-3 days :D

Is Ally by any chance a secret Crocs rep????? She sure got us going!

Is Ally by any chance a secret Crocs rep????? She sure got us going!

Well, Dang, she sure should get commissions!! :D I never even heard of these shoes... we'll all have to compare our stories when we get them...