Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Marilyn

For Muz

Muz (Murray), here is the recipe (below). There are no instructions, per se, just mix it all up and let simmer for 3 hours or more. The longer the thicker the better (no muzzing here, PLEASE) :o

(I have no clue how to translate American measure to the Rest of the World measure -- good luck!!)

After the chili is cooked, prepare spaghetti pasta per instructions. Then layer (on individual serving dishes or plates) the spaghetti, the chili, more raw chopped onions and top with shredded cheddar cheese. We add a handful of oyster crackers and splash Frank's hot sauce on top of the whole mess!!

Empress Chili

2 pounds ground chuck, browned

2 cloves of garlic, crushed

1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce

2 Heaping teaspoons of cinammon

2 dashes worcheshire sauce

1 quart water

2 large (or 4 medium) onions diced fine

4 tablespoons chili powder

1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar

salt & pepper to taste

Add 5 bayleaves and 3 teaspoons of allspice

Silly question and all (Very English!!) but what is chuck? Do you mean mince?

It sounds nice though i am going to try and make it.

Thanks Marylin

Love Yvonne

:huh:

Yvonne,

I took

2 pounds ground chuck
to mean chicken mince (ground chicken).

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Marilyn, thanks for posting the recipe here. Sounds great! We're all fans of hot and spicy food at home, so I'll probably be making it soon :huh:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground chuck is beef. It is the chuck roast which has been ground. I'm sure you could make a chicken variation of this, but this recipe, I'm sure, calls for ground beef.

You can use any ground beef, but chuck has more flavor.

:lol: :lol:

Thank you Neal, for the clarification. :rolleyes:

But that's just weird .. why would you (not YOU personally) call beef, chuck? :blink:

Is it a different kind of beef? :unsure:

Yvonne, looks like its duh to me too! :lol:

Chuck means something toally different in Oz :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's what Mel does after too many reds :rolleyes::unsure: :P

And I ain't gonna cook with that :o :blink::blink:

Thanks for that Marilyn. Here's a link to the British Beef website which lists all the cuts, just to put Cat at ease and stop her chundering into her wine bucket :lol: http://www.beefyandlamby.co.uk/cuts/beef_neck.html.

Marilyn, after that 1st sentence (which I won't comment on :)), I'm a bit worried about Frank spilling his hot sauce over the Chilli :o :P :D .

By the way Cat, what Mel produces is known as a dockyard omelette

... Muz goes off still drooling over the thought of a Cincinnatti Chilli. Mmmmmm Slurp! :D

By the way Cat, what Mel produces is known as a dockyard omelette

... Muz goes off still drooling over the thought of a Cincinnatti Chilli. Mmmmmm Slurp! :D

Those two sentences, written so closely together, do not go... :rolleyes:

... Afet backs away from the computer, trying to hold down the smoothie she had for breakfast :o

By the way Muz, thanks for that link. I now know what part of a cow is called chuck :)

Oh Please I so do not chuck after too many reds - haven't done that in years; I may however look kinda like this ;) :unsure::rolleyes::blink:

And Muz it's nothing like an omlete-you guys are grose!

It's what Mel does after too many reds :rolleyes::unsure: :P

And I ain't gonna cook with that :o :blink::blink:

No, no, no ... THAT's UP Chuck! :D

Marilyn, after that 1st sentence (which I won't comment on :)), I'm a bit worried about Frank spilling his hot sauce over the Chilli :o :P :D

*sigh* so I STILL got Muzzed!!! :o

It's what Mel does after too many reds :P

And I ain't gonna cook with that :rolleyes:

In the north of England, they call people 'chuck' all the time!. It's a term of endearment. not as bad as the term they use in Devon (very southern England), they call people ' my lover', even if they've never met! :o .

here in derbyshire, we call people duck... not sure why...... maybe because ducks are cute? :unsure:

... Afet backs away from the computer, trying to hold down the smoothie she had for breakfast :o

Would Muz call that a dockyard smoothie? :P

I doubt it Marcus, cos if I had done the deed earlier, it would've been anything but smooth (as is always the case) :o <_<

... Think tomato skins, chunks of pineapple ;) and the obligatory diced carrots... :rolleyes: :lol:

... Think tomato skins, chunks of pineapple ;) and the obligatory diced carrots... :huh: :lol:

Try it without the tomato and carrots. . .it goes down a lot easier :)

Going down's the easy bit .. it's when it comes shooting out that sends some people into a panic :)

... Think tomato skins, chunks of pineapple ;) and the obligatory diced carrots... :ph34r: :lol:

Going down's the easy bit .. it's when it comes shooting out that sends some people into a panic :)

eeEEWWwww!!!!!! guys !!!! <_< this is supposed to be wetting our appetite not making us barf!! :P :P

... Think tomato skins, chunks of pineapple ;) and the obligatory diced carrots... :ph34r: :lol:

UKKKKKKK

Think I'll stay with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. If you're gonna have a mouthful of something coming back at you, you might as well have enjoyed it on the way down ;)

Ew-w-w-w-w You guys are messing up my lovely recipe thread!! :lol: Up chuck, indeed!

Thought I might pass this recipe that I found :rolleyes:

Elephant Stew

(How to Feed A Crowd)

1 Elephant (medium)

Brown Gravy (Watkins Beef Soup & Gravy Base)

Watkins Sea Salt & Watkins Pepper

Two Rabbits (optional)

Cut elephant into small bite sized pieces. This should take only about two months. Add enough gravy to cover. Cook over kerosene fire for about four weeks at 465 degrees. Makes about 3,800 servings. To extend it add rabbits, but do this only if necessary as most people do not like to find hare in their stew.

:D

Think I'll stay with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. If you're gonna have a mouthful of something coming back at you, you might as well have enjoyed it on the way down ;)

Couldn't agree more, Mike :)

Where's the damn edit button??? :rolleyes::huh: :o