Andy

I didn't know they'd met :rolleyes:

:P

Great, must have felt awesome.

Andy

I didn't know they'd met :rolleyes:

:P

lol nice one:)

To get things back on a "clean" note, congrats Afet! I'm not sure I'll ever go there but I'm happy for you!!

Carol

Thank You...

... to all of you who posted who share in my excitement with me! :D :D :D

And oh yes, Fiona, I hope you're going to post about your bike ride in Cambodia in this section too when you've completed it.

For the benefit of any latecomers, Fiona, who lost her leg in the Tsunami of December 2004, is training for a Charity Cycle Event. She and her friend Sarah will return to Asia and cycle 500km around Vietnam and Cambodia to raise money for amputees in Asia who do not have a chance of accessing the same kind of healthcare that Fiona was fortunate enough to receive.

Now there's a good cause if ever I heard one :D

Sponsor Fiona here

Good luck Fiona! ;)

Did they restock the fish in the Thames River yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Afet, but that was a good one Marcus!

Hazel,

How the heck did I not commend you on your comment!?! :lol:

My hat's off to you....as oppossed to Mike who intends to leave his hat on. :(

Linda

Hazel,

How the heck did I not commend you on your comment!?! :lol:

My hat's off to you....as oppossed to Mike who intends to leave his hat on. :(

Linda

high praise indeed Linda, cheers! I do my best :P

Awww Afet,

I'm all embarrassed now. This thread is for YOU and your showering. Leave my sweaty cycling self out of it..... :)

I fell off my bike this morning on the way to work actually - was slightly embarrassing trying to explain to everybody who stopped to ask if I was OK why my right leg was at such a funny angle and was stuck in the peddle when the rest of me was half on the pavement and half on the road.....

Must try harder not to do battle with stationary lorries...

Ironically enough, I was on my way to work at the emergency room at the time :rolleyes: The evil nurses made me scrub out out my own road rash and then work a full shift. <_<

Marcus, you dark horse, you! ;)

What did you used to do in the emergency room? :huh:

Actually, let me rephrase that...

What was your position in.... No. OK, Let me try again.. :blink:

What was your job in the emergency room? :unsure:

Afet,

Congratulations.......I definitely know the feeling.... I stood in the shower and cried, when I took my first "stand up" shower... Isn't it amazing the satisfaction that we can get from doing something that we took for granted... Enjoy it.... you deserve to...I don't think that there is anyone here that wouldn't understand the satisfaction that you felt...

Tammie

Pinch nurses :)

:blink:

How many nurses and where did you keep them after you pinched them? :wub::huh:

Pinch nurses :)

:blink:

How many nurses and where did you keep them after you pinched them? :wub::huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh that was too funny!

I really wish I was your neighbour, Cat. I'm pretty sure I would smile all day long! You are precious!

Congratulations Afet "ONE STEP FOR MANKIND - ONE GIANT LEAP FOR....AFET"

Yes, I also remember the "first" feeling very well. It is no small feat.

Sorry for the late congrats, but we've been out of town for the weekend.

...It is no small feat.

Nope, definitely not ... mine are UK size 8's! :lol:

Hey, thanks for the congrats Jim :D :D

Also, thanks to Marcus and Tammie, along with everyone else who posted.

You know who you are... B)

You know what they say about girls with big feet, don't you? ;)

Whatever it is, I certainly qualify!! :blink: But then, I found out that Jackie Kennedy Onassis had the same size feet as me and suddenly I felt quite regal! :D

As usual, here comes the slowpoke :blink:CONGRATULATIONS Afet!!! You musta felt ten feet tall in there, now that's what I call a pretty high achiever! B) Only please be careful doing your dances, we wouldn't want you to end up going down the drain in a soap bubble!!! :blink:

:huh: ;)

Sheila lbk

Keep Smiling :)

post-452-1146525052.gif

mine are UK size 8's! :lol:

That they have a big pair of ... er... shoes?? :blink: :lol:

------------------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS Afet!!! You musta felt ten feet tall in there, now that's what I call a pretty high achiever! B) Only please be careful doing your dances, we wouldn't want you to end up going down the drain in a soap bubble!!! :blink:

:huh: ;)

Thank you Sheila :D

Though I am always weary of going down in the shower. It can get kinda slick in there, as Shane said. Believe me, I had a few 'hang-onto-the-curtain' moments in there that day! ;)

mine are UK size 8's! :lol:

That they have a big pair of ... er... shoes?? :blink: :lol:

Good one, Afet! :lol: :D :lol:

(I know I may regret saying this, but...) They also happen to have a pair of big hands...as big feet usually means big hands too. ;)

Lizzie :)

(I know I may regret saying this, but...) They also happen to have a pair of big hands...as big feet usually means big hands too. ;)

Not in my case Lizzie <_<

My hands are slender and hubby happens to think they're one of my best features :blink:

WOW!!

No question, definately an achievement!! Bet it felt real good :D

I am jealous! i am still at the stage where i have to use a shower board and totally envious! using a shower board never really feels right does it?

Thanks for sharing it with us!!

I know the feeling, i had what i thought was a big achievement the other day and anyone i told just looked at me as if to say 'yes and?' for the first time in 17 years i took my dog for a walk on my own, albeit a short one, but i was so proud of myself, felt all grown up again! :D

keep smiling!! :)

My hands are slender and hubby happens to think they're one of my best features :blink:

Well, my hands aren't exactly plates of meat, Afet...but they are big...or should I say...long. :blink: It seems that growth of your hands and feet...are connected and so they're usually similar sizes. :)

I know the feeling, i had what i thought was a big achievement the other day and anyone i told just looked at me as if to say 'yes and?' for the first time in 17 years i took my dog for a walk on my own, albeit a short one, but i was so proud of myself, felt all grown up again! :D

That's great news, Terri! :D Did you use a halti on your dog? I can't walk my dog unless she's wearing one, as she pulls too much. :huh:

hi lizzie

no, i didnt use a halti, its wierd my dog pulls my kids or husband, but he seems to know not to pull me :D

funny what they sense isnt it?

Terri :)

Strangely enough, ditto here! My hands are small/medium, while feet are big! I have a friend with tiny feet and big hands! Go figure!

Strangely enough, ditto here! My hands are small/medium, while feet are big! I have a friend with tiny feet and big hands! Go figure!

Oh, well, Marilyn...perhaps you and Afet are the exceptions that disprove 'the rule'. :blink: