Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Afet

Guess what I did today?

Believe me, I had a few 'hang-onto-the-curtain' moments in there that day! ;)

:blink::blink::huh: Phnaar Phnaar!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though I am always weary of going down in the shower. It can get kinda slick in there, as Shane said. Believe me, I had a few 'hang-onto-the-curtain' moments in there that day! ;)

GRAB BARS - GRAB BARS - GRAB BARS.

If I am on any kick to save the world, it is to get EVERYONE, not just amputees, but everyone should have grab bars in a shower, (at least one, but two or even three is better). Around a tub is a good idea also. When I was contracting, long before I lost my leg, I was always being hired to put bars in peoples showers.

My wife has two perfectly good legs, but still has two bars in the shower, and two around the tub. So many two legged people die from falls in the shower or the tub, every year, that just one bar might have prevented.

They are very simple to install for anyone who can measure and drill. Just drill into the studs, through the wall, 16 inches (American) apart, and put 2 1/2 by 1/4 inch screws through it and you are all set. This will take most any weight.

I have them on all three sides of my shower, and also two upright 12 inch ones in the opening. I feel more secure than most two legged people.

Just sharing a thought with you.

Oh, well, Marilyn...perhaps you and Afet are the exceptions that disprove 'the rule'. :rolleyes:

Lizzie :)

All's I can say is thank goodness! My Fred Flintstone feet are an embarrassement!

:unsure::ph34r::blink: Phnaar Phnaar!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:huh: Is that anything like Snark, Snark! ???

Pinch nurses :)

:rolleyes:

How many nurses and where did you keep them after you pinched them? :unsure::ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh that was too funny!

I really wish I was your neighbour, Cat. I'm pretty sure I would smile all day long! You are precious!

Dear Cat & Ally,

Cat is lucky, because English is her mother tongue.

There are few languages that lend themselves to these kinds of puns like English does.

German for example is less accomodating. That is why most of the typical British or American humour

is lost in translation.

Carry on!

Mike

Oy !! Mel..........do we speak english Mate??

Be buggered if the lingo I sprout sounds anything like bloody English, whachathinkmayte? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oi Oi Oi yourself Mate ykikamoocow????

Gee and I thought your tongue was covered in little spikes to stop the furr balls from going down your throat

:blink::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*cough cough*......is that why they are there?

ykikamoocow?....cos I can?

Now it's my turn to oi oi - what's all this about kicking cows <_<

:lol: .........only joking silly.......we don't kick moo cows it curdles the milk :blink:

:lol: .........only joking silly.......we don't kick moo cows it curdles the milk :blink:

Did anyone say jokes? :rolleyes:

Q. What's a cow's favorite moosical note?

A. Beef-flat ;)

Lizzie :)

*cough cough*......is that why they are there?

ykikamoocow?....cos I can?

cat-vomit_lg.jpg

Well, DANG, I never heard THAT one before!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Muz can we please borrow them for the next party at Cat's house?

I haven't got any myself yet but there's a link to the site, in the image properties, where they can be mail ordered :) Dont know if they have any Mel vomit ones though ;) :lol:

Hey there gang,

My accomplishment is more of the week long variety rather than just "today"

Well, you may have ready about it in the support group activity section...but I've been working hard this past week at trying to form an upright amputee hockey team.

So far, the process has lead me to this forum, to the Amputee Online Forum...it's introduced me to many other amputess....it's given my prosthetist and myself a whole new perspective on my leg as now he's heavily involved in the creation of my hockey team. He's become my prosthetist/PR and Team Hanger sponsership advocate.

An amputee since I was a year and half old, I've always been known for pushing the envelope of what an amp can and cannot do. Finally, at age 25, I feel like I'm coming into my own as an amputee, but as a complete person for the first time.

So, thank you for letting me share all my stories with you guys.

It's great having a group of all amputee friends to talk to !!!!!

I've always been known for pushing the envelope of what an amp can and cannot do. Finally, at age 25, I feel like I'm coming into my own as an amputee, but as a complete person for the first time.

I can relate to what you are saying. It's liberating and empowering - very nice place to be. Congrats!

And as for "guess what I did today"......I fell down. Again. In front of a bunch of people who nearly choked on their beer. This friggin Total Knee does it's own bloody thing every now and then.

Sigh - the joys of being an amputee are endless. ENDLESS I tell you. :ph34r:

Again. In front of a bunch of people who nearly choked on their beer. This friggin Total Knee does it's own bloody thing every now and then.

Sigh - the joys of being an amputee are endless. ENDLESS I tell you. :ph34r:

Even my C-Leg has spasms every now and again where it buckles right underneath me...sometimes while standing completely still!!!

Again. In front of a bunch of people who nearly choked on their beer. This friggin Total Knee does it's own bloody thing every now and then.

Sigh - the joys of being an amputee are endless. ENDLESS I tell you. :angry:

Even my C-Leg has spasms every now and again where it buckles right underneath me...sometimes while standing completely still!!!

You stand still on occassion? <_< Ok well I believe you, thousands wouldn't tho'! :P

You stand still on occassion? <_< Ok well I believe you, thousands wouldn't tho'! :P

It has been known to happen!!

Altho rare as it is... :D

Does the C-leg work using servos? If so that'd explain it as servos need an error to work with. No error and they make their own which they then try to correct. The same thing happens with a stabilised lens on a camer which is why the manufacturers advice turning off image staibilisation when using a tripod :)

Does the C-leg work using servos? If so that'd explain it as servos need an error to work with. No error and they make their own which they then try to correct. The same thing happens with a stabilised lens on a camer which is why the manufacturers advice turning off image staibilisation when using a tripod :)

Good question!

As far as I know...don't quote me on it...but the C leg does not use servos.

A device like the power knee would however use servos as it is built to actually lift the leg off the ground.

Afet I'm thrilled for you, don't quite know the feeling because I still stand on one leg and shower but I know that will end soon (I'm getting to be an old bag) LOLOL

I can envision you "standing " in the shower and dancing.

GREAT GOING AFET

Lynne

Afet I'm thrilled for you, don't quite know the feeling because I still stand on one leg and shower but I know that will end soon (I'm getting to be an old bag) LOLOL

I can envision you "standing " in the shower and dancing.

GREAT GOING AFET

Thank you Lynne! :D

Well, I don't know if it passes for dancing (it's a dance of sorts :rolleyes:) but I don't care...

...'cos I'm still STANDING IN THE SHOWER!!! B) :lol: