Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Hazel

what'ya doin' this weekend

well chaps, it's another bank holiday (in the uk at least), what are you all gonna be doing?

I'm nursing a very sore head.

On wednesday i deceided to get rid of those couple of pesky grey hairs that are starting to appear. two days later and i've had to visit the doctor due to an extreme allergic reation. :( My head has swollen up and I can't even get my helmet on :o

It's pretty grim actually, but if i go into detail i'll put you all off your supper!

hope you're all going to be doing something fab, tell me so I can at least have something to read

xxHxx

Well that'll teach ya H, trying to cheat on the relentless march of time :lol:

Seriously though sorry to hear that, must be awful not being able to get into a helmet, but then again you can ride the trike without one just wrap up well :rolleyes:

So what are we doing , well me and the big blue fella are out tomorrow having just scrubbed in a new super sticky back tyre (right to the edges lol) ... A fast ride me thinks down the coast road to Hornsea, some wonderful twisty bits. Hard over on the edge of the tyre, power on out of the bends, popping little power wheelies as the front wheel just lightly kisses the tarmac as that back tyre scrabbles for grip ohhhh yessss :D

Sunday, might just have to repeat it all in a different direction heading off up into the dales over Buttertubs, wonderful scenery and biking heaven except for the morons in cages who think 25 mph is acceptable :unsure:

So many roads so little time, I will think about you while I'm drinking a coffee at the bikers cafe at Hawes :P

Oh and by the way ... grey is ok :)

Well that'll teach ya H, trying to cheat on the relentless march of time :lol:

Oh and by the way ... grey is ok :)

RIGHT YOU :rolleyes: firstly, I'm NOT grey!! I'm 33 for Gods sake!! it was a few odd ones that i didn't want to pull out!!

. :P :lol: :D :P

So what are we doing , well me and the big blue fella are out tomorrow having just scrubbed in a new super sticky back tyre (right to the edges lol) ... A fast ride me thinks down the coast road to Hornsea, some wonderful twisty bits. Hard over on the edge of the tyre, power on out of the bends, popping little power wheelies as the front wheel just lightly kisses the tarmac as that back tyre scrabbles for grip ohhhh yessss :D

and secondly... pack it in... all this talk of hot rubber is getting me horny :P

only kidding

:P :lol: :P :P

Hi Hazel,

if I may interupt; my grey hairs took 57 years to grow :D

As for the weekend, I shall be hiding at home away from the dreaded tourists :rolleyes: Finishing off fitting shelves etc to my new shed/workshop. On Sunday, a family and friends BBQ and a few pints. Monday will be for getting over the hanger over I will have got from the BBQ.

As......

Steve

Well everyone, I feel as if my weekend has already come.

What a day today, this morning i went to the limb centre to pick up my leg which had been on holiday for a few days to get foam put on it. I was a bit unsure as i like the look of it being bare but when i got my second socket i decided to give the foam a try. I am quite impressed. It looks so normal with trousers on. I just have the small problem of the leg being stiff which a few of you have said already, i suppose it will just take time.

If that was not pleasing enough, this afternoon i went for a 4 hour yes 4 HOURS, of driving assessment. I passed, i tried the hand controls which are really weird, and i tried the left acceleration automatic foot pedal. The assessor took me for miles (well i did but you know what i mean :blink: ). I had just been round the block once and another car came (which they do :huh: ) well instead of pressing the brake pedal, i pressed the acceletator!!!!. Luckily the assessor had a duel control brake pedal so put me to a stop. I slowly managed to get used to it, does anyone else have left accelerator automatic pedal?? So they are modifying my new car and i get it on Tuesday, i am so excited. I have not driven since Nov 05 and have missed it.

Tomorrow night i am going to see Snow White on Ice. It should be good.

??? I have never been as busy with either physio, prosthetist etc.. :D

Love Yvonne

xx :wub:

Like Doggie, avoiding tourists. I've found close contact with these can give you a severe allergic reaction leading to limb loss and a desire to post on forums :)

Particulary at this time of year :wub:

Oh and on Monday I'm working (hopefully nothing will catch fire like it did last night) :blink:

Oh and on Monday I'm working (hopefully nothing will catch fire like it did last night) :wub:

Ohhh, you can't slip that one in and expect no-one to notice :blink:

So, what happened last night then Muz?? :huh:

It's not a long weekend here but we will be doing this :D :D

Bike & Barbie by the Bay

Sunday April 30

You, Your Family and Friends are invited to participate in Limbs 4 Life’s First Annual bike ride.

Even if you don’t ride a bike come along for a sausage BBQ and good company on the Bay.

Bike Ride will commence from the BBQ location at

Point Ormond, Elwood Beach riding to Station Pier and back

Total distance approx 15 KM’s

(you can rest at any point and join the group on the way back )

Start Time: 11.30 am

Helmets mandatory, water bottles recommended,

Brakes Optional!

Great Prizes to be Won!!

BBQ Location Start Time 12.30pm

Point Ormond Elwood Beach

Corner Marine Parade & Point Ormond Avenue

Please Pray for a bit of sunshine :wub::blink: ;)

Even if you don’t ride a bike come along for a sausage BBQ and good company on the Bay.

Afet's already on the plane :) :lol:

If that was not pleasing enough, this afternoon i went for a 4 hour yes 4 HOURS, of driving assessment. I passed, i tried the hand controls which are really weird, and i tried the left acceleration automatic foot pedal. The assessor took me for miles (well i did but you know what i mean :blink: ). I had just been round the block once and another car came (which they do :huh: ) well instead of pressing the brake pedal, i pressed the acceletator!!!!. Luckily the assessor had a duel control brake pedal so put me to a stop. I slowly managed to get used to it, does anyone else have left accelerator automatic pedal?? So they are modifying my new car and i get it on Tuesday, i am so excited. I have not driven since Nov 05 and have missed it.

??? I have never been as busy with either physio, prosthetist etc.. :D

Love Yvonne

xx :huh:

Yvonne, girl, I'm jealous!! I've been trying and trying to get a left foot accelerator! My disability income company should be coming through soon. I keep having this bad daymare... wherein I hit the gas instead of the brake and go through a store front!!! You always hear about old folks doing this (at least here in the US!)... sheesh! :wub:

I did drive my hubby's car, which is an automatic. But it was too much of a reach to put my left foot over to the gas pedal. I went for 5 miles and this was HUGE! I hadn't driven for a YEAR... Gawd! I want my freedom back! Soon, very soon...

And YES, I totally understand about running from appointment to appointment! I go to my physical therapy to my knee guy to my leggist to my oncologist! I'm pooped!!!

Hang in there, we'll both get there!

Afet's already on the plane :) :lol:

Too right! :P

I've not had Australian sausage since 2001 when I had a very tasty one when over there ;)

It was served by the dishy waiter in a restaurant in Bondi :blink:

Monday will be for getting over the hanger over I will have got from the BBQ.

Steve, do you usually do that with people that outstay their welcome??? :P

Since the wife managed to get a few more letters after her name, I'm off to her graduation tomorrow. :)

Congratulations Mrs. Boren!!

Phew!!! you lot are sooooo busy,

I'm sat in whilst hubby goes hang gliding.:blink:

It's a really sunny day (perfect to be out on the trike) and i'm staying indoors nursing my sore head which is now the size of a watermelon! :(

But I'm not bitter <_< .........Honest

xxHxx

What a day today, this morning i went to the limb centre to pick up my leg which had been on holiday for a few days to get foam put on it. I was a bit unsure as i like the look of it being bare but when i got my second socket i decided to give the foam a try. I am quite impressed. It looks so normal with trousers on. I just have the small problem of the leg being stiff which a few of you have said already, i suppose it will just take time.

If that was not pleasing enough, this afternoon i went for a 4 hour yes 4 HOURS, of driving assessment. I passed, i tried the hand controls which are really weird, and i tried the left acceleration automatic foot pedal. The assessor took me for miles (well i did but you know what i mean). I had just been round the block once and another car came (which they do) well instead of pressing the brake pedal, i pressed the acceletator!!!!. Luckily the assessor had a duel control brake pedal so put me to a stop. I slowly managed to get used to it, does anyone else have left accelerator automatic pedal?? So they are modifying my new car and i get it on Tuesday, i am so excited. I have not driven since Nov 05 and have missed it.

Tomorrow night i am going to see Snow White on Ice. It should be good.

That's wonderful news, Yvonne! :D Not only do you get a new cosmesis and an event packed (well, it sounded like it) 4 hour driving lesson, but you passed too!! B) When you mentioned Snow White on ice, I was half expecting you to say you were auditioning for the show! :o

Lizzie :)

PS You can loosen up the cosmesis (if it's sponge) by keeping the knee bent as far as it possibly can be overnight.

Phew!!! you lot are sooooo busy,

I'm sat in whilst hubby goes hang gliding.

It's a really sunny day (perfect to be out on the trike) and i'm staying indoors nursing my sore head which is now the size of a watermelon! :(

But I'm not bitter <_< .........Honest

xxHxx

Ahhhh...you poor thing, Hazel! :( Those allergy things are a real nuisance aren't they...and they're usually VERY painful!!! :blink: It will calm down in a day or two...honest... :) In the meantime, take care...

Ahhhh...you poor thing, Hazel! :( Those allergy things are a real nuisance aren't they...and they're usually VERY painful!!! :blink: It will calm down in a day or two...honest... :) In the meantime, take care...

thanks for the sympathy honey xx :)

thanks for the sympathy honey xx :)

Oh, that's OK, Hazel...I've never dyed my hair, but as far as allergic reactions are concerned, I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt... ;)

It's probably antihistamines, ice packs, lots of choccies and a good DVD for you, is it?

Ahhh...take care

Since the wife managed to get a few more letters after her name, I'm off to her graduation tomorrow. :)

Congratulations Mrs. Boren!!

Same from me :D

I hope they give you a medal as well for putting up with that hubby of yours :D :lol: :lol:

It's probably antihistamines, ice packs, lots of choccies and a good DVD for you, is it?

you read my mind :o :o

And YES, I totally understand about running from appointment to appointment! I go to my physical therapy to my knee guy to my leggist to my proctologist! I'm pooped!!!

Good thing you did them in that order :)

:o :o :o .... :lol:

Marcus! You made me go back and look to see if I actually did type proctologist!! (I couldn't imagine doing so, but hey, you never know -- I'd had a couple of beers after a whole afternoon of yard work!!)

Hey, Isn't it illegal here to change a person's post?! :blink:

Somebody tell this ignorant American WHAT bank holiday you are celebrating?

Somebody tell this ignorant American WHAT bank holiday you are celebrating?

Hi Marilyn,

We have Monday as a bank holiday and it's just called May Bank Holiday or May Day ... how original is that :lol: :lol:

Hi Marilyn,

We have Monday as a bank holiday and it's just called May Bank Holiday or May Day ... how original is that :lol: :lol:

That's very odd (to me!). Here in the US we have holidays that the banks close for such as Columbus Day (the guy who discovered America) or Memorial Day (a day set aside to honor the dead, especially military), but never a holiday just for banks! :D I need to tell my sister, she is a bank manager!

Hi Marilyn,

That's very odd (to me!). Here in the US we have holidays that the banks close for such as Columbus Day (the guy who discovered America) or Memorial Day (a day set aside to honor the dead, especially military), but never a holiday just for banks! :D I need to tell my sister, she is a bank manager!

A bank holiday isn't a holiday JUST for banks, Marilyn. ;) Bank holidays are public holidays and it's when the banks are officially closed.

I think May Day has been celebrated for a long time over here, for reasons I can't think of just at the moment. But, I've found some info on May Day celebrations in England for you. :)