Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pixy

"Break a leg" not to be taken literally

This Wednesday I had the dress rehearsal for the play I was in. Eveything was going some what smoothly with no major hitches during the event. We were all on our best behavior because the thing was being filmed to promote the Holocaust education program we were raising money for.

I thought I was doing pretty good except my shoe kept slipping. Near the end of the shoe I had to go do my solo song and I immedatly mess up the verses. So i ask to start again and as I return to my position my shoe slips again and the next thing I know I'm on my bum. I'm a very emotinal person and everyone was sure I was going to loose it at that point.

I think I pulled something in my stump but reguardless I get up brush my self off... kick off my shoes.( I almost hit the camera man he had to duck) and continue my song.

Apparnetly if some one falls duiring dress rehearsal it's good luck. I beleive it now because when we wrapped up tonight we only had good reviews.

I'm also glad I'm getting my new leg Thursday because I think I broke something.

good on ya Pixy,

I'm a bit emotional too, so well done for holding it together. I think I'd have bawled a bit :blink: then been really embarassed.

xxHxx

LOL - I can relate. Falling down during dress rehearsal is fine. Trying to make a grand entrance on stage and falling flat on your face on 'the' night is bad.

Hard to come back from that :lol:

Whenever anyone says to me "break a leg", I say "please God, not the expensive one".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry - I think your story is very funny.

Ally said:

Whenever anyone says to me "break a leg", I say "please God, not the expensive one".

Sorry - I think your story is very funny.

So is that, Ally! I need to remember it!

I took a tumble onto my rear end a couple of weeks ago. Was sitting on a stationary bench attached to a table at a burger joint, with friends, when a couple with a cute little Shelty settled at the table next to us. I started to turn to sit "backwards" on the bench and greet the dog... only to discover that the bench was attached quite a ways UNDER the table-top. In no time flat, I was pushed off the bench by my own body mass and found myself sitting on the ground, eye-to-eye with the doggie!

And before I had a chance to really consider how to get myself OUT of this position, a couple of uniformed soldiers from yet another table marched up to me, grabbed me under the arms, and hoisted me to my feet without a word! I sputtered my thanks to them, they said, "no problem, ma'am," and they headed back to their table and their burgers.

The whole experience was over in less than a minute and rather dream-like.......................!

And before I had a chance to really consider how to get myself OUT of this position, a couple of uniformed soldiers from yet another table marched up to me, grabbed me under the arms, and hoisted me to my feet without a word! I sputtered my thanks to them, they said, "no problem, ma'am," and they headed back to their table and their burgers.

The whole experience was over in less than a minute and rather dream-like.......................!

Ah dang, sounds like a great day dream! Shoulda got their phone numbers! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol:

SEE!!!! Amputees have the best fun... not blondes!!!

Hehehehe - it's always great when big beasty men rush to your rescue to launch you like a missile to your feet. But I'm always petrified that my leg will come loose in the process, and when you stand on it to get it back on....well, you know the scary noises a suction socket can make :rolleyes:

a couple of uniformed soldiers from yet another table marched up to me, grabbed me under the arms, and hoisted me to my feet without a word! I sputtered my thanks to them, they said, "no problem, ma'am," and they headed back to their table and their burgers.

What a result, Cheryl!! ;)

Now it's my turn to be envious! :lol: :lol:

And if you're an amp AND a blonde??? :rolleyes:

I thought I was doing pretty good except my shoe kept slipping. Near the end of the shoe I had to go do my solo song and I immedatly mess up the verses. So i ask to start again and as I return to my position my shoe slips again and the next thing I know I'm on my bum. I'm a very emotinal person and everyone was sure I was going to loose it at that point.

I hope that you are ok....Where's a sneaky little tip for you.. At one of the ACA conferences, a woman had used a small bit of velcro, (also known as hook and loop tape) on the bottom of her foot and inside her shoe to keep it on the prosthetic foot.. just make sure that you put the loop side on the foot and not the hook side. That way, the foot won't stick to a carpet or rug when the shoe is pulled off if you walk on it..

I thought that it was a pretty clever tip, and one that I wouldn't of necessarily thought of... Have had a few amp friend use it that I passed the tip on to. They all like the idea...Would something like that help you?

Higgy

And if you're an amp AND a blonde??? :rolleyes:

Well...that would be telling...wouldn't it? ;)

Lizzie :)

Thanks Higgy i'll remember that next time. unfortunatly the shoes I wore for the play belonged to the costume bank so I couldn't alter them too drastically. I decided to tape it on for the other preformances. No slip ups from them on in. No one noticed except the woman who makes my legs, i told her the story and we had a little giggle.

Yesss... I'm blonde and an amp more fun for me.

Exclusive pic of Cheryl :P

Oh, don't I WISH...........!

a couple of uniformed soldiers from yet another table marched up to me, grabbed me under the arms, and hoisted me to my feet without a word! I sputtered my thanks to them, they said, "no problem, ma'am," and they headed back to their table and their burgers.

What a result, Cheryl!! ;)

Now it's my turn to be envious! :lol: :lol:

Could organise a couple of big hunky bikers to come and pick you up Afet, would that do :lol: ;)

Could organise a couple of big hunky bikers to come and pick you up Afet, would that do :lol: ;)

Hmm .. now that would be Awesome ;)

:lol: