Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Awesome Blue

Don't you just hate it when ....

Guest bearlover

I hate it when all the scoters in a store are taken by over weight people. :wacko:

Oh man, this is the truth!!! I can say this cause I definitely could lose some weight! BUT, that being said, youngish people with two legs should leave the scooters for the truly needy! (you pushed a button!! This is my number 1 pet peeve!!) Ah, I could go on... but I'll stop here! :angry::angry:

Didn't mean to affend anyone. But it is true. Iam young and slim. But need a cart to do some shopping. It is so funny to get dirty looks from people. UNLESS they see the leg and know it's a prosthetic then we get the un wanted pity looks! lol it drives me crazy! Thnaks hope I did not hurt your feelings. :D

Didn't mean to affend anyone. But it is true. Iam young and slim. But need a cart to do some shopping. It is so funny to get dirty looks from people. UNLESS they see the leg and know it's a prosthetic then we get the un wanted pity looks! lol it drives me crazy! Thnaks hope I did not hurt your feelings. :D

No, no, no! I'm in complete agreement! Americans are way too fat (me included!), and unfortunately, lazy as well (and here I'm NOT included! :D ). So many times have I gone to Walmart (giant store!) and needed a scooter to keep up with my mom and sisters (I am still new at this prosthesis thing!). And all the scooters are taken by people who could walk!

Guest bearlover

I hate it when people get in the express line with a cart fill of stuff at the stores. Like can't you count man?

Guest bearlover

No, no, no! I'm in complete agreement! Americans are way too fat (me included!), and unfortunately, lazy as well (and here I'm NOT included! :D ). So many times have I gone to Walmart (giant store!) and needed a scooter to keep up with my mom and sisters (I am still new at this prosthesis thing!). And all the scooters are taken by people who could walk!

YES YES! I also am new at this prosthetic thing. And super wall mart is way to big for me to manage. And it is always the over weight people who can walk but are lazy who take the carts. HEY you don't look to over weight in your pic.

YES YES! I also am new at this prosthetic thing. And super wall mart is way to big for me to manage. And it is always the over weight people who can walk but are lazy who take the carts. HEY you don't look to over weight in your pic.

I will say this: I was in Walmart and was done shopping. I only had a cane with me (brand new to this!!). And an older woman came in and clearly needed a scooter. She had a cane (bad hip, knee replacement?) and was having trouble getting along. I asked the "greeter" to follow me out to the car so he could bring back the scooter to HER. Nope. He couldn't leave his post.

So I took my stuff out to the car. Told mom (my driver) to meet me up front (at the doors) and I took the scooter back to the woman in need.

I just needed to say this because I know there are folks with two legs who need the scooters... but just not everyone who chooses to use the things really needs them! Ok, I'm done! :D

More than "who uses the scooters" (although I once had a middle-aged man RUN past me at Target so HE could have the last scooter!), I REALLY hate it when a store supposedly "has" scooters BUT DOES NOT KEEP THEM CHARGED OR IN WORKING ORDER!!!!!!!!!!! (Okay, okay... I'll stop yelling now.)

On the lighter side... don't you just HATE it when you forget to put MATCHING shoes on both feet? Yep... I've gone off to work in one nice little beige t-strap (prosthesis) and one beat-up dark taupe tie oxford (which I stuck on the other foot to let the mate of the beige t-strap air out for a bit).

They're by the same maker and "feel" alike. Really. They DO............

They're by the same maker and "feel" alike. Really. They DO............

Uh huh...........suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they do :wacko:

I hate going to the loo only to find an empty carbaord roll. How hard is it to reach out, take it off, and replace it?

..or you get the jeans on your leg, put the shoe on, then realize that you put the pros. in the wrong side of the jeans. :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG OMG - YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

And don't you just hate it when you have to 'start' a new toilet roll and it's a cheap and nasty one, and the damn thing just won't come unstuck and start rolling....................

That's just hissy fit material!

And don't you just hate it when you are an AK, and you sit wrong on the loo.....because the prosthesis is hard and unforgiving. Doing the whole sit-down-to-pee thing as an AK is an art unto itself!

..or you get the jeans on your leg, put the shoe on, then realize that you put the pros. in the wrong side of the jeans. :angry:

And don't you just hate it when you have to 'start' a new toilet roll and it's a cheap and nasty one, and the damn thing just won't come unstuck and start rolling....................

And don't you just hate it when you are an AK, and you sit wrong on the loo.....because the prosthesis is hard and unforgiving. Doing the whole sit-down-to-pee thing as an AK is an art unto itself!

Do you mean when you slide off the seat, Ally? Doesn't it always happen when you're desperate too?! :ph34r:

Lizzie :)

PS I'm afraid to admit that I've actually put the wrong legs in the wrong legs of my jeans...AND...on a separate occasion, I've put the wrong shoes on the wrong feet...and only noticed when someone pointed it out! :blink:

Guest bearlover

..or you get the jeans on your leg, put the shoe on, then realize that you put the pros. in the wrong side of the jeans. :angry:

Do you mean when you slide off the seat, Ally? Doesn't it always happen when you're desperate too?! :ph34r:

PS I'm afraid to admit that I've actually put the wrong legs in the wrong legs of my jeans...AND...on a separate occasion, I've put the wrong shoes on the wrong feet...and only noticed when someone pointed it out! :blink:

Me too! I hate it when you need to add a sock. and go to the womens room close the door try to add a sock,And my leg fell over in to the next stall! The poor lady actually screamed!!! It was kind of funny tho! :D

Guest bearlover

I will say this: I was in Walmart and was done shopping. I only had a cane with me (brand new to this!!). And an older woman came in and clearly needed a scooter. She had a cane (bad hip, knee replacement?) and was having trouble getting along. I asked the "greeter" to follow me out to the car so he could bring back the scooter to HER. Nope. He couldn't leave his post.

So I took my stuff out to the car. Told mom (my driver) to meet me up front (at the doors) and I took the scooter back to the woman in need.

I just needed to say this because I know there are folks with two legs who need the scooters... but just not everyone who chooses to use the things really needs them! Ok, I'm done! :D

Oh yes people do need them besides us amps. But many people abuse them, And the over wright people break them down. Done also!

Me too! I hate it when you need to add a sock. and go to the womens room close the door try to add a sock,And my leg fell over in to the next stall! The poor lady actually screamed!!! It was kind of funny tho! :D

:ph34r: :o :D

... but just not everyone who chooses to use the things really needs them! :D

Back in the 1950's era, we had a strange custom called"MANNERS" Granted, there were jerks back then also, that didn't get the memo, but by an large, most did.

"Times are a-changing" as one popular song around the '60's said. Boy was that ever true. If I could spot one particular incident which seemed to signal the culture change, it was the burning of the bra in Berkley California. The incident itself didn't make the change, but that was like a starters gun going off.

Having been born in 1936, I lived through a lot of these things and have seen many changes.

I hate it when people get in the express line with a cart fill of stuff at the stores. Like can't you count man?

I really hate this one!

Guest bearlover

... but just not everyone who chooses to use the things really needs them! :D

Back in the 1950's era, we had a strange custom called"MANNERS" Granted, there were jerks back then also, that didn't get the memo, but by an large, most did.

"Times are a-changing" as one popular song around the '60's said. Boy was that ever true. If I could spot one particular incident which seemed to signal the culture change, it was the burning of the bra in Berkley California. The incident itself didn't make the change, but that was like a starters gun going off.

Having been born in 1936, I lived through a lot of these things and have seen many changes.

[Every day manners are athing of the past sadly. People just don't care. ralely do I hear "excuse me" when some one dose something rude. Or "thank You" when something is done nice for you. What is the world comming to :ph34r:

ralely do I hear "excuse me" when some one dose something rude

Note to Admin: Can I please have an "excuse me" button on the forum. I think I might have a regular use for it and I wouldn't want to have to sue for RSI :lol:

Every day manners are athing of the past sadly. People just don't care. ralely do I hear "excuse me" when some one dose something rude. Or "thank You" when something is done nice for you. What is the world comming to :ph34r:

Unfortunatley, I believe it has already come. People all the time ask me where I want to live, since I am now in Missouri from California. I immediately tell them: "1950 Southern California". Trouble is, it just doesn't exist anymore, (the 1950 part). It was a great place to grow up though. I was also in England and Germany during the '50's and although I haven't been back since, imagine that it has seen it's share of change also.

Every day manners are athing of the past sadly. People just don't care. ralely do I hear "excuse me" when some one dose something rude. Or "thank You" when something is done nice for you. What is the world comming to :ph34r:

Unfortunatley, I believe it has already come. People all the time ask me where I want to live, since I am now in Missouri from California. I immediately tell them: "1950 Southern California". Trouble is, it just doesn't exist anymore, (the 1950 part). It was a great place to grow up though. I was also in England and Germany during the '50's and although I haven't been back since, imagine that it has seen it's share of change also.

You're a great role model, Jim! :D

I'd hope that if enough people behaved like you, then some of your impecable manners would eventually rub off on them - 'lead by example'. :)

Don't you just hate it when .....

The meal you have ordered arrives and doesn't look anywhere near as appetising as the one the guy on the next table has :lol: :lol:

Guest bearlover

Every day manners are athing of the past sadly. People just don't care. ralely do I hear "excuse me" when some one dose something rude. Or "thank You" when something is done nice for you. What is the world comming to :angry:

Guest bearlover

I Was born in the 60's. Just in time for the turn around. But feel like i should have grown up in the 50's :angry:

...the decline in manners and simultaneous demand for personal respect ...

:(

Whoa--Man, you've really nailed something there, Marcus. You know, one of those things that everybody sees, but until it's pointed out, nobody realizes how messed up it's all become. :angry:

Ok Ally, you're about to make me pee myself!!! :lol: :lol:

It took me months to learn to sit on a toilet without feeling like it was gonna pitch me! :lol:

Guest bearlover

I Neede to add a sock. So I went to the lady's room. went into the stall to put on my sock. Well I lost my balance and grabbed the wall. Mean while my one and last sock fell right into the john! :angry::angry: Boy was that a first! Had tp go home to get more socks. Because as we all know when you need a sock it can be a real pain to walk. To bad the tolet did not have a lid! :lol:

Don't you just hate it when....

My friends tell really stupid leg jokes.

I mean it is one thing when you're drunk but when your sober...come on I've heard them all I think if you're going to make fun of me you should put some thought into it.

agravating pre-teens who use the internet to rant about how schools are unfair...or how rememberance day isn't important.

I dislike how the media and clebs are quick to jump on bandwagons over issues they know little or nothing about. Then use their fame or influence to try to convince the viewing public that everything they are saying is the absolute truth.

when people who follow the Oprah book club think that long dead authors are still alive. like the woman who demanded to see my friends manager when my friend told her that Jane Austin was not putting out a new book because she was dead.

I fall down or slip on the ice and nobody around seems to notice or so much as say " are you okay."

I can't stand when people say I talk to fast. then proceed to make fun of where I come from.