Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Awesome Blue

Don't you just hate it when ....

Guest bearlover

Amen to that! I also am really tired of the one leg remarks. Like "do you get a pedicure 1/2 price? OR Do you like leg of lamb? Realy lame jokes. :angry:

Amen to that! I also am really tired of the one leg remarks.

Got my own back recently when asked if I would help out with a stock take.

I replied "of course I'll help, but I can only count to 15 now" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dislike how the media and clebs are quick to jump on bandwagons over issues they know little or nothing about. Then use their fame or influence to try to convince the viewing public that everything they are saying is the absolute truth.

Oh you would just love our politicians then :angry:

Don't you just hate it when you dress your leg (put the jeans on it), put your leg on, then step into the other leg of the jeans and remember that you forgot to put knickers on.... :angry:

I always find it's much easier to go comando :P

don't you just hate it when van drivers don't look over their right shoulders before changing lanes. A lot of people would still have 2 legs :angry:

don't you just hate it when you take the xmas decorations down but that little bit of tinsel stays up in the corner, you have to get step ladders out if you want to get it down, so it stays there all year! :P

Don't you just hate it when a moth flies in your ear, then you fall over the dog, into the fridge and break your finger.

Then you go to the hospital and they laugh at you! <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...No way!!!

Don't you just hate it when a moth flies in your ear, then you fall over the dog, into the fridge and break your finger.

Ally I cannot believe they laughed at you, I mean it's well known that fridges are classified as highly dangerous and can attack at any moment :angry:

Mind you, I fell off me chair and have only just wiped the tears out of my eyes long enough to sympathise

I do honestly :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not laughing Ally...honest :angry:

Ally I cannot believe they laughed at you, I mean it's well known that fridges are classified as highly dangerous and can attack at any moment :angry:

Mind you, I fell off me chair and have only just wiped the tears out of my eyes long enough to sympathise

I do honestly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hospital staff laugh at anything, Mike...an evil sense of humour is usually on their job description! :lol:

Lizzie :)

Hospital staff laugh at anything, Mike...an evil sense of humour is usually on their job description! :lol:

Then they must have had their money's worth out of me, two big operations, deaths door, amputation and finally MRSA must have had them wetting themselves ;)

It's a wonder I'm still sane :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes I am :angry:

Then they must have had their money's worth out of me, two big operations, deaths door, amputation and finally MRSA must have had them wetting themselves ;)

It's a wonder I'm still sane :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes I am :angry:

Don't take it personally, Mike, their apparently evil sense of humour is usually just a coping mechanism. After all, they see and hear so many awful things :angry:, that they need to have a release valve...

...and laughing at women who break their finger after a moth flies in their ear, is just one of them (sorry Ally ;))! :D :lol:

You're a great role model, Jim! :D

I'd hope that if enough people behaved like you, then some of your impecable manners would eventually rub off on them - 'lead by example'. :)

Wow, Thank you for the very nice compliment. I definitely am not unique in my age group however. In the '50s, it was accepted that gentlemen did not cuss in front of ladies or tell "off color" jokes. Unmentionables were just that - unmentionable, (just to name a few.)

Last weekend my wife and I attended a small reunion of some of my old army buddies from 1956-1958, at Branson, MO. We initially met in the hotel resturant. I had not seen some of them since they left Germany in 1957. Some were wearing caps with our unit designation on. To a man, every one of them removed their hat when they came into the room, and held it in their lap until they left. Nobody had to tell them. It was just the way that we were raised. They also opened the doors and held the chairs for the ladies.

That is the way it was. I could go on and on, but you know what I am saying. My freshman in college granddaughter recently scolded me for sending a joke poking fun at todays generation - and the senlior citizens. I told her to study her history. 2400 years ago, Socrates was quoted saying that the children of that time had no respect for their elders, or authority. Each generation wonders how the world is going to survive with the next generation coming up, and the new one thinks that the old ones just don't know anything. I had to remind our grandson, that it was mine and my fathers generation that invented this computer that he is such a technician on.

We all stand on the shoulders of Giants - and it's share of idiots. The only truism is" Life goes on " Maybe just not as we know it.

Don't you just hate it when, in variably, someone will notice that you are an amputee, and then (knowing they are going to do it) will ask 'Does it hurt?" :unsure::blink:

Seems like it never fails......

Tammie

Guest bearlover

I Hate it when a total stranger will ask "so how did ya lose it?" <_< :unsure:

I Hate it when a total stranger will ask "so how did ya lose it?" <_< :unsure:

Next time try saying in a very drawn out way, with a pained expression, 'Ohhh...it's a l-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-g sto-o-o-o-r-r-y...'

It usually puts off all but the most persistent!

You are trying to rush whilst the adverts are on between programmes and cut yourself on your knife whilst cutting strawberries. (Just done 10 minutes ago!!) Well at least i managed to catch the beginning programme :unsure: .

You are wrapping a present and you cannot find the end of the sellotape, and you have just done the most perfect fold on the paper!!

Love Yvonne

P.S. Ally, yours is one of the best :D

P.P.S. The strawberries were nice

Guest bearlover

OH here is one i hear too. "well at least you still have you mind" ??? What the hell dose that mean? :(

It means that SOME ABs out there think that the mind "goes" with the limb. Soooooo......

Don't you just HATE it when you're sitting in a restaurant with friends, and the wait-staff asks THEM, "And what will SHE have?"

The proper answer, of course, is "Hello... I lost my leg, NOT my mind, and I would like........"

Usually makes them stutter with embarassment.

Guest bearlover

You oder a diet coke and they have pepsi or you oder a diet pepsi and they have coke? Do it all the time! If I oder one it's always the other :P

Someone asks you to help raise money by going for a bike ride and you say yes withought thinking how FAR it actually is :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You order UNsweeted ice tea, add the artificial sweetener, and realize you had actually gotten SWEET tea...:rolleyes:

Don't you just hate it when you get on a bus and - Good Lord, there's a seat! - so you settle down into the seat, paying particular attention to tuck away your (long) legs so your prosthetic feet won't trip someone up, but oh no, somebody still has to find one and step on the blasted thing? <_< <_<

And, to top it off, they leave foot marks on your brand new trainers ? :rolleyes:

What, is there like a secret radar that people have for this?? :rolleyes:

HATE IT WHEN:.....

You answer the phone and the person on the other end says "are you busy/is this a bad time to talk"? you say yes can I phone you back but they just keep on talking, and talking and talking........

Doesn't help that I hate the phone

Lynne

oh I have another one

Don't you hate it when....

You're boyfriend/girlfriend loved one/what ever always managed to: step, kick, drop, or some way hurt you're only remaning foot. I mean I only have one there's a flipping 50/50 chance. But no he always does something to it then says." Oh good thing you have one foot."

Yes Adam I do have one foot and you just stepped on it.

Don't you just hate the fact that it can take the bank 3 days to transfer money from one bank to another, but a withdrawal on your ATM shows on your account within an hour :rolleyes: