Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Mr_Phil

Hello! Your newest member writes in

Hey everyone

I'm Phil....25 year old Ak....lost my leg when I was a year and half old.. and now I've found this forum!

I am coming over from the Amputee Online Forum where I've really been enjoying writing/reading! So, I hope to share some great experiences here too.

More about me

I live in Connecticut. I'm a hockey player, weight lifter, musician and recent online amputee forum poster!!

My main focus right now is delving into the amputee world...meet new amps, and pursue some of my own amputee related projects.

Hope to hear from you all :D :D

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum family glad you are here. This is a great place with many helpful people. I'm a RBK due to a birth defect but it's never slowed me down. I'm the resident runner, cycler and now I'm learning how to surf. Pull up a comfy chair and join in when you can I look forward to reading your posts.

G'day Phil and welcome. I was 5 when I lost my foot due to a birth defect.

Hope you have fun here. Prepare to laugh a lot this mob are fan-bloody-tastic

Cat

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been on a great ride these past two weeks...trying to put my name out into the amputee athletic world.

It's great to finally see places online where we can all get together and chat as sites like this one have been missing from my life for years.

Obviously, never having amputee friends, I am very pleased to be here!

Right now, in between skating and gym training, I'm working hard at contacting other amputees, support groups and what not....trying to find out just who is out there!

Guest bearlover

Hi I'm live in the U.S. I'm a left leg bk. For almost 3 years now still having some complications. I lost my leg due to a congential problem due to many unsuccessful operations simce 6 months of age. I too have visited the amputation on line forum. And wanted ti try something new. I'm a Kindergarten Teaching Assistant. The kids really keep me on my toes! I only wowrk the morning class. Which is just enough right now with my leg. I'm able to ride a bike. I also collect teddy bears. Just wanted to say Hi! And inderduce my self!

Hi I'm live in the U.S. I'm a left leg bk. For almost 3 years now still having some complications. I lost my leg due to a congential problem due to many unsuccessful operations simce 6 months of age. I too have visited the amputation on line forum. And wanted ti try something new. I'm a Kindergarten Teaching Assistant. The kids really keep me on my toes! I only wowrk the morning class. Which is just enough right now with my leg. I'm able to ride a bike. I also collect teddy bears. Just wanted to say Hi! And inderduce my self!

Hi Bear,

Thanks for writing!

I'm glad to have people writing in on my thread already!

One of my career plans is to teach. I am currently out of work due to a long workman's comp case....it's been a long winter/spring!

But, I've got some applications out for various teaching positions.

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there, you're as welcome as can be!

You'll like it here.... You gotta move fast, cause this place rocks!

Marilyn

Guest bearlover

Hi Bear,

Thanks for writing!

One of my career plans is to teach. I am currently out of work due to a long workman's comp case....it's been a long winter/spring!

Your welcome! Children are great! I adore them. Yes it has been a long winter, the weather here is finally warming up! Ready to get my bike out. I'm a littler slower peddler since the surgery. But I keep on trying! Cheers!!

G'day Bearlover and welcome. Hope you can join in the fun.

Cat

Guest bearlover
G'day Bearlover and welcome. Hope you can join in the fun.

Cat

Cool! thanks!! :)

Hi Mr. Phil from the other edge of the U.S. Would you mind telling us a little more about your skating? That just totally intrigues me!

Thanks,

Jodi

RAK

Welcome chaps!! :D :D

If you've got a good sense of humour :P .....we'll have ya

If you're a bit serious :rolleyes: ...... we'll have ya

basically, what I'm saying is, WELCOME ABOARD!! It's sometimes informative but always fun xx

xx H xx

Hello Bearlover - welcome to the forum. Now maybe we can leave my cow out of things, and talk about your bear??? :P :P

And Phil - WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO - you found us. Welcome! This forum adores pics, and I know you've got loads, so get them lined up. I don't think I'll trying skating, but then again, you know the old story, we can't all be heroes....someone has to stand on the sidelines and cheer them on.

So I'll cheer for you....

Ally

xxx

Hi Mr Phil & Bearlover, :)

A HEARTY WELCOME to the Forum from Mike in Germany! :D

Mike RHD

Hockey!!!!!Dude, now that's out there! :D :D :D Like Ally said, bring on the pics!

Oh, and welcome to our little world. Sounds like you'll fit right in. I'm a 34 year old AK since Aug '05 after being hit by a truck while on a motorcycle. I race motorcycles off road in endurance type events called Hare Scrambles. I always like hearing about amputees who "push it." :D :D

Hello Bearlover - welcome to the forum. Now maybe we can leave my cow out of things, and talk about your bear??? :P :P

And Phil - WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO - you found us. Welcome! This forum adores pics, and I know you've got loads, so get them lined up. I don't think I'll trying skating, but then again, you know the old story, we can't all be heroes....someone has to stand on the sidelines and cheer them on.

So I'll cheer for you....

Ally

xxx

Oooh and do I ever have pics to share!! :P

Ally, cheer away! With you on my side, how can I lose?

Everyone else...thanks for the welcomes and warm wishes!

There's so much going on with me lately, trying to get my amputee hockey team assembled...talking to my prost. , planning with him....seeking endorsements...magazine coverage.

I'm really pushing hard to get my name out there!!!

So, it's great to have you guys pulling for me!

How's everyone's weekend going so far?

Keep posting away here! :D

Hi Bear,

Thanks for writing!

Your welcome! Children are great! I adore them. Yes it has been a long winter, the weather here is finally warming up! Ready to get my bike out. I'm a littler slower peddler since the surgery. But I keep on trying! Cheers!!

Oh, I'd love to start biking!

Hockey!!!!!Dude, now that's out there! :D :D :D Like Ally said, bring on the pics!

Oh, and welcome to our little world. Sounds like you'll fit right in. I'm a 34 year old AK since Aug '05 after being hit by a truck while on a motorcycle. I race motorcycles off road in endurance type events called Hare Scrambles. I always like hearing about amputees who "push it." :D :D

Bike racing!!

That rocks... I'm taking a motorcycle course this summer with my girlfriend...we're determined to tear up the roads by the end of the summer.

As far as pushing it goes....that's what I do! and I love every minute of it

Hello Mr Phil and Bearlover,

I just want to say hi both and welcome to the forum, you will be at home in no time.

I am a right A/K amputee since Nov 05, cause = cancer, so still learning.

Love Yvonne

:unsure:

Guest bearlover

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I love the Eeyore by the way! Big fan of Eeyore's. I collect teddy bears by the way! :unsure: Thanks Aly for the welcome. I'm having a great time onthis fourm!