Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Mr_Phil

Amps and Pucks

Yep the description says it all!

I'm a 25yr old RAK looking to start a local upright amputee hockey team.

I live in Connecticut and I'm in search of others who might want to join me.

Being very new to this board, I don't know too many people, but I'm looking to change that.

Already, I've been in touch with a local amputee support group who has agreed to join me in this quest.

My local rink that I skate at has been very helpful with my training and would like to be part of any future projects.

So, I ask you all this.....anyone out there want to give it a shot?

Right now I'm open to holding events for roller hockey or even ice hockey, as I play both sports.

Let me know!!! :D :D

I am not at that ability level yet, but I sure am glad there are people out there willing to give it a try!

Good luck! I hope you get a lot of responses.

Carol

I am not at that ability level yet, but I sure am glad there are people out there willing to give it a try!

Good luck! I hope you get a lot of responses.

Carol

Carol,

Thanks for the reply!

I'm reaching out into uncharted waters here with this project of mine, but I know that out there soemwhere, exists a group of amputees who have always wanted to play, yet never knew they could!

I really want to show them that yes they can play and play well !!!

God luck with what you are doing. It just might get some motivated to get off of their duff. I'm afraid I'm past the age limit. It's not the leg slowing me down, but the circulation.

I hope that you keep us informed as to how you are doing.

God luck with what you are doing. It just might get some motivated to get off of their duff. I'm afraid I'm past the age limit. It's not the leg slowing me down, but the circulation.

I hope that you keep us informed as to how you are doing.

Thanks for the well wishes!

It's great to have access to forums as these in order to contact other amputees.

Posting messages and chatting with you guys is motivating enough for me to keep on hammering away at this plan of mine!

Good luck Phil I hope you get this off the ground. I'd LOVE to have a go but the airfares would kill me B)

Good luck Phil I hope you get this off the ground. I'd LOVE to have a go but the airfares would kill me B)

I've been on the phone all day with various people from the ACA and Hanger Prosthetics.

From my work this week alone, it seems as if this project's foundation is going to be strong!

Hmm...how can we fly you up here to skate with us?

If only.... :D

Guest bearlover

I've been on the phone all day with various people from the ACA and Hanger Prosthetics.

From my work this week alone, it seems as if this project's foundation is going to be strong!

Hmm...how can we fly you up here to skate with us?

If only.... :D

LOL I would like to see that! Iam thankful iam able to walk the little distance i can. Let alone skate!!!! :)

Sigh - I'm with Cat on this one. Lawdy lawd, we are both so far away from everyone. If we came over to give the hockey thing a bash, you would have to keep us for a while.....

Now tell me, I know you use a c-leg, but what other knee would do? I would guess a Mauch, or Rheo, or somthing similar. I use a Total 2000 - I would be on arse more than upright with this knee. Yes? :wacko:

Sigh - I'm with Cat on this one. Lawdy lawd, we are both so far away from everyone. If we came over to give the hockey thing a bash, you would have to keep us for a while.....

Now tell me, I know you use a c-leg, but what other knee would do? I would guess a Mauch, or Rheo, or somthing similar. I use a Total 2000 - I would be on arse more than upright with this knee. Yes? :ph34r:

Ally! Good to see you back online!

I would have no problem keeping you for a while! The more amps, the merrier!!

As far as a good knee...you'd want something with not only strong stance flexion, but a quick break too. Skating is about transitions....powerful push offs, but then you want a knee that'll be able to bend quickly for change of directions, adjusting speed etc.

I'm not familiar with the other powered/computerized knees out there. But, I will say this...I used to play hockey on an old simple hydraulic knee long before the C Leg and such were around. It wasn't pretty, but that's where I started out! So, anything is possible !! :)

Guest bearlover

Dose anyone know what happned to Mr. Phil? Havent seen him post in a long time..Has anyone heard from Mr. Phil???

Yep the description says it all!

I'm a 25yr old RAK looking to start a local upright amputee hockey team.

I live in Connecticut and I'm in search of others who might want to join me.

Being very new to this board, I don't know too many people, but I'm looking to change that.

Already, I've been in touch with a local amputee support group who has agreed to join me in this quest.

My local rink that I skate at has been very helpful with my training and would like to be part of any future projects.

So, I ask you all this.....anyone out there want to give it a shot?

Right now I'm open to holding events for roller hockey or even ice hockey, as I play both sports.

Let me know!!! :D :D

\

I am not sure about hockey but would like to see what you use to scate with.