Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
HEATHERN

FLIP FLOPS

:D Isn't it amazing how we just keep learning and inventing , as amps....They say that

necessity is the mother of invention....How true it had been proven, right here Thank you all

Pattilyn :D

:D Isn't it amazing how we just keep learning and inventing , as amps....They say that

necessity is the mother of invention....How true it had been proven, right here Thank you all

Pattilyn :D

:( :( So far Pattilyn, I haven't found the clear bra straps...someone said they found some @walmant...so far I haven't....then someone else said to use a rubber band........HOW.......you see, I guess I don't take instructions well.....I need to be shown!!!!!!!!!! :blink::huh::blink:

Ann I got the clear bra straps at an underwear shop. I'll try to get a pic later of how I use them.

Ann, I got some clear bra straps at Walmart. But I can't seem to figure out how to make them work :blink:

You loop the ends to the sides of the flip flops so you creats a strap on the back of it. you can either tie, clip, tape or what ever it. Then you use can adjust the strap tightly around the back of your ankle so it secures the flip flop to your foot.

Does that clear anything up or am I making things worse?

post-813-1158736938_thumb.jpgpost-813-1158736908_thumb.jpgLet's see if this works :rolleyes: .These shoes are, of course, not flip flops ( better known in Oz as thongs :lol: )....but you might get the idea :unsure:

Cat if you find your foot slipping out of those shoes try one of those pads you buy to keep your heels from slipping out of your shoe. I don't know exactly what they're called. but they're little inserts you can buy at the drug store and put in the back of your shoe that will keep you from falling out of your shoe. I have a pair of sandles like those and what I did was put one of these pads on the shoe under the toes. It gives you a bit of grip so it you find you foot shifts in that style shoe it helps keep you in place.

post-813-1158736938_thumb.jpgpost-813-1158736908_thumb.jpgLet's see if this works :rolleyes: .These shoes are, of course, not flip flops ( better known in Oz as thongs :lol: )....but you might get the idea :unsure:

Yep, that helps......just have to lay my hands on some of the straps. Thanks :D :D

Cat if you find your foot slipping out of those shoes try one of those pads you buy to keep your heels from slipping out of your shoe. I don't know exactly what they're called. but they're little inserts you can buy at the drug store and put in the back of your shoe that will keep you from falling out of your shoe. I have a pair of sandles like those and what I did was put one of these pads on the shoe under the toes. It gives you a bit of grip so it you find you foot shifts in that style shoe it helps keep you in place.

:D :D Pixy, that helps me out also....have a pair of backless, low heel that I dearly would love to wear and can't keep them on ...will give the pads a try in the front toe area.

Thanks, ann

:)

Great idea Pixy I know what you are talking about will try them.

Glad that helps Ann...hope you can find some. Try ebay I've seen them there.

If more pics would help let me know.

Cat

If more pics would help let me know.

Cat

Err , ummm ... i can detect a whiff of pasteurized something or other slowly but surely making it's way into here ....hehehe :P :lol: Only joking, luv ....great pics :-)

I love the clear bra strap idea , fantastic ! :lol:

Hey my feet do not smell :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

this is a thread close to my heart as im dying to wear flip flops! i have tried a pressstud on the toe and on the flip-flop, velcro..... nothing works for me!! im not sure on the strap idea.... looks too flimsey... does it break often? i was thinking if drilling a small hole through my big toe and into the next toe and when i wear the flipflops puch a nail (or similar) in the hole and then you will stop the 'thong' bit of the flipflop from coming away from the foot.... did i explain that ok? i can visualise what i want to do but not describe it very well.

If you put a nail in your toe won't you get water in your foot?

JudyH

:angry:

I just bought my first pair of girly sandals. I thought I could keep them on with the clear bra strap idea. They are flatter than flat and really sweet.

But......when I walk they sort of slide backwards...if you know what I mean. They have a split toe thing, and the sandal moves backwards when I take a step, even with the clear strap in place. Then I have a huge long piece of shoe in front of the toe, and the bottom of the arty foot hangs off the edge of the sandal. It's so sad! Does this happen to anyone else or just me?? :(

Is it perhaps because I have a Total 2000 knee and I really "plant" my heel well before I walk?

What else can I do to keep them in place? Mom said "velcro" but I don't think she thought it through properly....sigh.

Ideas?

I just got some new slippers and found out I can't wear them without a pair of socks on to fill out the space in the slipper of the artifical foot (as there is no back to the slippers). In the flat I don't care about having one foot with a sock and one without. I also found out today that I couldn't do stairs with my slippers on the artificial side - it just falls off. Is certainly a problem.

Guest bearlover

I could never wear all the cute sandles and flip flops I was stuck with tie shoes or sneakers. Because I had to wear a brace on my leg. I haven't attempted flip flops yet, or sandles..But Iam looking forward to giving it a try next susmmer. It will such a treat for me! :)

I wear the strap sandals (the ones with a strap over the forefoot and once higher up the foot). They work really well for me, except for me doing the heel in on it.

Your mom is right, Ally. Velcro on the inside of the shoe and the bottom of your foot will keep the two stuck together.

Mmmm, thanks Cat, but these little sandals are quite pathetic. I don't think those "inners" would stay.

Marcia - how do I get the velcro stuck on the arty foot?

I broke one of the plastic clips on the bra strap this morning - just snapped in half. So I tied the one end around the sandal - let's see how that works today.

Ah, the joys :angry:

If you're going down the Velcro route, Ally, I think you probably need heavy duty Velcro and an appropriate adhesive. Would your prosthetist know which adhesive to use? :unsure:

Lizzie :)

PS I think you also have to be careful about which side of the Velcro you stick to your foot, otherwise you start getting stuck to carpets! :o