Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Stumped!

Just Lookin' for Friends!

Muz! A cross dressing Monkey? :D :D :o :D

Doh ... you've seen that other pic :lol:

Muz! Why, you look ... uh, ...kinda, ...sorta, ...good? in the other ...picture. :unsure:

Hi Stumped..Welcome :) I am a RAKA 2003... how is it going with your test socket??

Thanks Jen. I;ll be getting the test socket on Friday Morning. Believe you me, I'll be online in a heart beat to tell ya'll about it! :) Thanks for askin'.

Stumped!

Good Luck tomorrow with your test socket Stumped!!!

Hi Stumped..Welcome :) I am a RAKA 2003... how is it going with your test socket??

Thanks Jen. I;ll be getting the test socket on Friday Morning. Believe you me, I'll be online in a heart beat to tell ya'll about it! :) Thanks for askin'.

Stumped!

Good Luck tomorrow with your test socket Stumped!!!

Thanks Jen,

When I get back I already promise Bearlover that I would spill my guts and tell everybody about how my day went. :D :D :D I should be on around 3pm on Friday.

Later Lady,

Stumped!

Ok, Mr. Stumped... this is your first test socket, right?

Too cool! I, too, was waylaid for quite some time before I got my first test socket... this is indeed VERY exciting news! Hurray for you! :)

Hi Stumped,

Sorry I'm late welcoming you to the forum family my computer at home keeps shutting off for no reason so off (finally) to the shop she goes tomorrow. I hope it's an easy fix!

Anyway I've been at this for a long time (birth defect) and honestly it's had some trials and tribulations but for the most part I've lived life to the fullest.

So pull up your chair get comfortable and join in on the fun! (I see you've been doing just that).

Look forward to getting to know you.

Good luck with the check socket tomorrow!

Hey guys! I'm back! ...with PICTURES!

And this!

Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing with us. All the very best.

Ally

:)

Ally

Thanks Cat! :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :D :D :D :D :P :P ;) ;)

Looks great! How is it feeling?

Thanks for sharing.

Carol

Looks great! How is it feeling?

Thanks for sharing.

Carol

Too be honest, IT"S TIGHT!!! LOL

But I won't keep it on for long periods of time so I'll get used to it.

I go back next week for a check up with the pros. guy and the following week to get a crow boot for the other foot. BUT I'm still alive and "Kickin'"! LOL :lol: :lol: :D :D

ENFYS! Really! Swansea, MA! I'm from your backyard! Willimantic, CT!

I love it on the bayside!

Guest bearlover

:) That's great! You look good. Hope it goes all right. Iy may take some time to get use to!

And this!

Congrats - I didn't cry when they told me they were going to cut my leg off - I cried when I stood up and walked for the first time. I have had my leg slnce Jan 10 and we are still working at getting the proper fit. It gets better each time. Good Luck and DO NOT OVER DO!

Can you explain how to put pictures on to me?

JudyH

Ally

Um...that's ok :huh: ...what did I do now? :huh:

There will be no stopping you now stumped.

But listen to JudyH and do not do too much at once, i know this as i did and got really bad rubbing which restricted me for a week.

It is so exciting though when we get any alterations done though isn't it? :D .

Love Yvonne

xx :huh:

Ally

Um...that's ok :huh: ...what did I do now? :huh:

Wondering up the wrong alley again are we?

But listen to JudyH and do not do too much at once, i know this as i did and got really bad rubbing which restricted me for a week.

Love Yvonne

xx :rolleyes:

You bet your bottom dollar it is!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying not to over do but all I keep thinkin' is "You're gonna walk again, YOUR gonna walk again!!! :D :D :D

It won't be long now. Do take it easy at first. I say this, but I only used the crutches for two days after I got my leg which was two years ago today. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so used to it now that I sometimes forget when I don't have it on.

Everything from now on will be an accomplishment for you. You will have to try things that you used to do to figure some things out. You can do it, allbeit a little differently, but you can do it.

Guest bearlover

:And in deed you will walk again! There's no stopping you! Just remeber, setbacks aren't roadblocks, they're detours putting you back on the right path. With your insprition and determination you will succeed!

Bear! :)

Love Yvonne

You bet your bottom dollar it is!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying not to over do but all I keep thinkin' is "You're gonna walk again, YOUR gonna walk again!!! :D :D :D

Hope all is well with your new leg. Just a tip - take it off and check your stump frequently at first. Just a tip - bandaids can cause blisters. Non stick telfa pads and paper tape are a better choice. bandaids, by their design, rub. After reading and article in one of the ACA magazines (written by someone who teahes skin protection to amputees) I realized that all three of the blisters I have had came from a bandaid that I used to protect the one small place that didn't heal as fast as the rest of my incision. He also recommends a product called SECOND SKIN it is a called a moist burn pad. They are made mostly of water. They are great! Note: This is not the stuff that you paint on.

JudyH

Thanks Stumped i needed that as you can probably tell from my message on another link.

We will do it together. (Now no dirty talk from anyone, i know what your minds are like :o )

Love Yvonne