Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Marilyn

Shoes!

Oops...I forgot Jibbitz for a comprehensive Croc accessories website! :P

Lizzie :)

Lizzie that is just delightfully insane!! You pick out the color of your croc (Hazel would have a hard time of this one!) and then choose your charm and it shows your croc with the charms. I love it! :lol:

And here I was all depressed because I could no longer wear a toe ring on my right foot! :lol: :lol:

Just because you're getting a new leg Marilyn won't mean you'll need different shoes-buy now, the conversion will be minimal unless of course your prosthetic foot gets bigger!

And here I was all depressed because I could no longer wear a toe ring on my right foot! :lol: :lol:

@marilyn

you could drill 2 holes and put a wire thru it...thgem you have a toe ring.... :lol:

@marilyn

you could drill 2 holes and put a wire thru it...thgem you have a toe ring.... :lol:

:lol: :lol: I'm learning things here! Somewhere else (in this forum) I read where folks would actually screw their shoes onto the foot shell! :rolleyes: We are resourceful!!! :lol:

Just because you're getting a new leg Marilyn won't mean you'll need different shoes-buy now, the conversion will be minimal unless of course your prosthetic foot gets bigger!

Mel, I think what I meant was that I want to be able to walk better (with a new, better fitting leg) THEN I'll get fancy with the shoes! But I am getting better every day!

Thanks for the link, Lizzie. I do believe there's nothing you can't find....thank goodness!

Hey, ladies, I actually HAVE something that comes pretty close to being an "amputee shoe store" just down the street! It's a little independent place that carries everything from "full-on orthopedic" to "stylish-but-sturdy" footwear. The prices are astronomical, so I "treat" myself rarely... but it's such a joy to walk into a shop, tell them what I'm looking for, say, "I wear an orthotic in the right shoe and, oh, the left leg's a prosthesis," and NO-ONE SO MUCH AS BLINKS! Instead, they bring out multiple styles for you to try! They understand heel height restrictions! They can actually FIT you! And it looks just like any other "better" shoe store!

It's been sitting there, just three blocks from my home, for years... and I never bothered to check it out. Now, it's one of my favorite places. All I have to do is win the lottery, so I can afford to visit regularly!

I was at a bike rally last weekend and there was a stall selling just left OR right motorbike boots!! must be for people who don't wear a prot leg whilst riding huh!!??! :huh:

...or sometimes is only one shoe needed after a little crash...or some people have also their "better side" when their are turns....so only one side slides on the road.... ;)

Mmmm, could be...or the stall could also have been for bikers with odd sized feet...perhaps? :huh:

Lizzie :)

You guys have done it this time!

I was with my daughter at a shop we like to frequent and there, in the back, were 4 boxes of Crocs. They had just gotten them in and hadn't even marked the prices yet. "Wow! Crocs! This is what they have been raving about on the Forum."

My daughter looked at them and said they were the ugliest things she had ever seen. Then she tried on a pair. We bought 2 pairs for her, 2 for me and even bought a pair for her father. Now I see that there are accessories for the silly things! Wait until I show that to my kid.

Understand that I am a freak of nature, a woman who hates to shop and especially hates buying shoes. But the Crocs are a real trip. My kid is the fashion trendsetter at her school right now, and it is all because of your endorsement of these wacky sandal wannabes.

The little things sometimes make life worthwhile, eh? (Glad Muz is out of town for that comment.)

-m-

Marilyn: Are you having any trouble wearing the crocs since the heel looks quite a bit higher than my other shoes? Think I will try them...just can't be left out of the hoop-la :huh::blink: My foot is @ the height so I can go barefoot in the house.....I know, I know I am not supposed to do that, BUT do. :huh::huh:

Marilyn: Are you having any trouble wearing the crocs since the heel looks quite a bit higher than my other shoes? Think I will try them...just can't be left out of the hoop-la :blink::blink: My foot is @ the height so I can go barefoot in the house.....I know, I know I am not supposed to do that, BUT do. :huh::huh:

:lol: :lol: I go barefoot in the house (and sometimes, in the yard! I have grass stain on my foot shell -- oops!). My leggist yells at me.. he said "it shows me that you don't listen to me." I laugh and he gets over it.

My crocs are too big (my fault for not yet sending them back), but I think the heel is no higher than my gymshoe heel (maybe even a little lower than the gymshoe). I've gone to my leggist wearing very low heels and my guy gets really upset! He starts making all these little "lifts" to go inside the shoe... then as soon as I get in the car, out they come! Shhhh - don't tell him! :)

To look at a croc, it looks like the heel is fairly high, but it's not because there is a big depression that your heel fits down into. Does any of this make sense? :wub:

Hazel,

You have just reminded me of when i was young.

My family and i went to Bulgaria and there was a shoe stall on the way to the beach. My mam kept eyeing up a shoe she liked so when she had the courage to speak to a foreigner (we were not the best at other languages!!). The man spoke good english though, so mam asked to try them on, he gave her one shoe. She said 'Can i please try the other shoe on?', he said 'there isn't one, this is it'. Mam said 'why are you just selling one then ?' he said' someone stole the other'. We just laughed for weeks after. We could not understand him just selling one shoe. (We do now though!!)

Love Yvonne

xx :wub:

P.S. We made good friends with the man for the rest of the time we were there.

....My daughter looked at them and said they were the ugliest things she had ever seen. -m-

:lol: My mother still thinks my fuschia crocs are the ugliest shoes on earth! She actually said, "well, they'd be good for working in the yard, I guess." Hmpfh, I said that I wouldn't dare mess them up that way!! (of course I'll mess up my foot shell -- but that's different!)

PS I hate shopping too unless it's for plants and flowers... Then I have an addiction problem!

Hazel,

You have just reminded me of when i was young.

My family and i went to Bulgaria and there was a shoe stall on the way to the beach. My mam kept eyeing up a shoe she liked so when she had the courage to speak to a foreigner (we were not the best at other languages!!). The man spoke good english though, so mam asked to try them on, he gave her one shoe. She said 'Can i please try the other shoe on?', he said 'there isn't one, this is it'. Mam said 'why are you just selling one then ?' he said' someone stole the other'. We just laughed for weeks after. We could not understand him just selling one shoe. (We do now though!!)

Love Yvonne

xx :wub:

P.S. We made good friends with the man for the rest of the time we were there.

:blink: :lol: :lol:

I'll show her, I'll wear my fushia crocs next time!!

i have to admit to owning 6 pairs of crocs now, i think i need counseling or something because i still don't have the orange ones and it's making me twitchy. :(

OH...... Sorry!!!!!! i thought this was 'CA' you know.. crocs anonymous :lol:

I think I was brainwashed - I found myself buying a pair of Crocs. You are right - they are REALLY comfortable AND they are wide enough! I may go back and get another pair. There is a smokey green that is wonderful.

Someone must have been sending me subliminal messages.

JudyH

I'll show her, I'll wear my fushia crocs next time!!

i have to admit to owning 6 pairs of crocs now, i think i need counseling or something because i still don't have the orange ones and it's making me twitchy. :(

OH...... Sorry!!!!!! i thought this was 'CA' you know.. crocs anonymous :lol:

I think I was brainwashed - I found myself buying a pair of Crocs. You are right - they are REALLY comfortable AND they are wide enough! I may go back and get another pair. There is a smokey green that is wonderful.

Someone must have been sending me subliminal messages.

JudyH

PS I hate shopping too unless it's for plants and flowers... Then I have an addiction problem!

Hmm what sort of plants do you buy then??

cannabis_leaf.jpg

Awww Muz, back in the 70's maybe?

For ten years hubby and I grew Burley tobacco....

Then we moved on to tomatoes....

Don't guess we could get away with poppies? :blink:

post-1565-1149299253.jpg

post-1565-1149299287.jpg

post-1565-1149299326.jpg