Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brenda

My first Talk

I don't know if this is where I should post this but here it goes. Last week I was in my cp's office getting a new sleeve for the leg. I told him about this lady wanting me to come to her kids school and talk to the kids about my leg. He said I'm giving a presentation next week to two groups of school kids for a field trip would you be interested in talking to them. I said sure when and what times. He gave me the information and told me to be sure that I brought my running leg along so I could show them and demenstrate how it works.

Today was the day to do my little talk with the kids. What a great experience and they asked several questions. Some of the parents asked more questions then the kids. Maybe between my cp and I we inspired one of them to set there goal to be a cp one day! This was a great experience and I will be jotting down some notes so that if I ever do this again it will be a little better.

Brenda :P

Hi Brenda, that was a very special thing you did for the kids and yourself. I know for me personally, I find adults/ kids seem a lot less intimidated, once they somewhat understand how it all works and helps you walk. Keep up the good works!! ;)

Sheila

Keep Smiling :)

Brenda that's such a great thing to do - and very rewarding I'm sure! :D