Heather Mills - Amputee Forum

I had a little rescue dog called Janet whom I found in the same year that I lost my leg - 1995. We were joined at the hip for the longest time. In fact, I think I may have posted a pic here at some stage of her.

Anyway, on 28 March this year, Janet went missing. I have been trawling the doggie shelters and the SPCA's. I even paid R1000 to a company called "Pet Detectives" to look for her. To no avail. Janet vanished without a trace.

Last Thursday I took another walk through a particularly poor and dingey shelter looking for Janet. Most of the animals there are proper pavement specials, all terrier looking and scary. In the one lean-to, in the dust and sun, this fluffy thing caught my eye. The most beautiful blonde pekingese with one eye. Well, that did it for me. Went back on Friday and adopted him. He is the sweetest little thing. I can't believe that he was in the shelter for over a month and nobody looked for him.

We still can't think of a name.....any suggestions??

peke2small.jpg

peke4small.jpg

And here is Magnolia Mae, the 45kg bull mastiff who likes to take me for walks and pull me into the gutter....

pic_maggie.jpg

And then there are our 2 jack russells.....

And the cow....

And the horse....

Any farmers here looking for a wife who can't cook???

:P

call the dog "uno"

That's a good one, Dave! :D Or you could call it 'Spy'...as in 'I spy with my little eye...' ;) :P

Or you could go back to your new friends' roots and give him a Chinese name.

Lizzie :)

PS Caution: there are a few flashing lights on that webpage.

I have a tortoise shell cat names Isabella but we call her izzy.

Izzy.jpg

And I have 6 purple pincer hermit crabs (see the avatar) they're my crabby babies and I love them to pieces there is: Jack, Hawthorne, Royale, Blue, Montego, and Percy. Three of the crabs were adopted from diffrent people who either got bored of them or couldn't keep them any more. I'm hoping to adopt more crabs when I get my 40 gal. tank. They're really lovable trust me.

piratejack.jpg

Here two of them are pretending to be pirates.

Hi Everyone

This is my dog kane wearing his cap! I think he looks cute but my 13 year old son refuses to take him out for a walk with it on. I keep threatening to make him a scarf ready for winter.

Guest bearlover

ALLY!!!!! My boy also has one eye too! He dose just fine. He is also a rescue dog. He had cancer 2 years ago and lost his eye. Mine dose well now. I just love him to pieces. Now My husband is the only one in the house with all of his paarts!!! :D :D I told him to behave and keep it that way! :o You have a adorable pets!!! :) :)

Ally, I don't know why but Popeye came to my mind. Then I was thinking of the obvious - pirate names. Jean Lafitte was a famous pirate in this area when the French settled here in the early 1700s. So of course I think that is a good name. By the way, he's adorable. :)

I've always thought a good name for a one-eyed pet would be Horatio.

Anyway, here's some pictures of my daughters dog - although he is now very much the families pet.

post-233-1149591839_thumb.jpgpost-233-1149591897_thumb.jpg

His name is Mason and he is now one and a half years old. He is a Spoodle (although he doesn't look like one)

Both of his parents are Spoodles, he seems to be a bit of a throw-back and looks more Spaniel albeit with some poodle features.

Needless to say, he is adorable. Just as well as he can also be quite naughty.

David

Dave,

Mason IS adorable!! :blink:

That first pic has got to be the cutest doggie pic I have ever seen. He's so cute! :D

Afet

(who's getting seriously broody now :angry: )

peke2small.jpg

Ally,

I just showed this pic to my mum, and asked her if she could think of any names that suited him. (She's creative like that :rolleyes: )

She guessed his breed correctly (pekingese), and moments later, she came out with a name...

... Peek! :D

Whatever you decide to call him in the end, he's a gorgeous little thing too! :wub:

oops did not work.

Got it for ya Bear! Here's "Rusty"! Bearlover's Dog. :P

Love ya Bear!

oops did not work.

Got it for ya Bear! Here's "Rusty"! Bearlover's Dog. :P

Love ya Bear!

I like to thing Rusty's winkin' atcha! He is very cute! :D

peke2small.jpg

Ally,

I just showed this pic to my mum, and asked her if she could think of any names that suited him. (She's creative like that :rolleyes: )

She guessed his breed correctly (pekingese), and moments later, she came out with a name...

... Peek! :D

Whatever you decide to call him in the end, he's a gorgeous little thing too! :wub:

That's because he's a "Peek"ingese! :lol: He is very handsome. I've got 2 in my house right now. My pug Jake and a friend's who is staying with me. Her name is Gabby(also a pekingese) almost the same color as Ally's. I'll try and get some Pics up asap! :wub: :D :D

That's because he's a "Peek"ingese! :lol:

Yep, and cos he can "peek" at you with his one eye :rolleyes:

It's a double entendre ;)

It's a double entendre ;)

Oooh! My favourites :P :P :P

Pity he's not a pug then you could have named him Pugwash :D

Afet

(who's getting seriously broody now :rolleyes: )

brood·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (brd)

adj. brood·i·er, brood·i·est

Disposed to sit on eggs to hatch them.

:wub:

Yeah... but whose eggs?? :P

<_<

Sigh.

Marcus, Marcus, Marcus... why do you insist on making an eggsample of me? :lol: :P :lol:

Marcus, Marcus, Marcus... why do you insist on making an eggsample of me? :lol: :P :lol:

Because you have a great sense of humor and 'crack' me up :)

Aw, thanks Marcus :wub:

Looks like you've got me 'beat' .. :lol: :rolleyes:

Yeah... but whose eggs?? :P

This is no yolk anymore :lol: :lol: .. I know .. I know ... pass me coat :rolleyes:

Hold on there! Don't count your chicks before they hatch! :wub: I might have something to add! :D

I think we need to shell out for some new lines :)

Oh... I thought that the dialogue here has been eggcellent so far :rolleyes: