Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
lisa

PIMP MY WHEELCHAIR

As I'm stuck in my wheelchair until at least the end of august I wondered if anyone knew of anywhere that does wheelchair makeovers. I have a lovely red cross wheelchair that sticks out like a sore thumb and not in a good way. I've been told that there are companies out there that spray them etc.

PLEASE HELP

As I'm stuck in my wheelchair until at least the end of august I wondered if anyone knew of anywhere that does wheelchair makeovers. I have a lovely red cross wheelchair that sticks out like a sore thumb and not in a good way. I've been told that there are companies out there that spray them etc.

PLEASE HELP

I agree with you, Lisa, wheelchairs can be really dull, can't they?

If you have a Red Cross loan wheelchair, it may be a good idea to check with them first, before you give it a respray.

However, I've found a site called the Wheelie Factor that may help you to give your wheelchair a make-over. :)

Lizzie :)

Lizzie, you are the queen! The master at finding links!

Lisa, thanks for the posting! I've pimped my leg (stickers for now, really jazzy laminated cover coming soon), my cane (see photo below), but never thought of the wheelchair! (sheesh, and NOW I can finally posts pictures!!)

post-1565-1149692792_thumb.jpg

hi lisa,

yes, lizzie had the right question...is it your chair or not.

if its yours, you can give it to a firm which makes the colour on the cars...don´t know the right name....it´s like giving a bicycle a new colour.

....if you buy a new one, you can pimp the chair before you buy it...just order your individual chair. here is an english page from a company out of my area

http://www.proactiv-gmbh.de/uebersicht_engl.htm

maybe you get some ideas for your chair now?

ciao thomas

PLEASE HELP

Did you have something like this in mind?

post-1388-1149699242_thumb.jpg

:blink: B)

--Bill

PLEASE HELP

Did you have something like this in mind?

post-1388-1149699242_thumb.jpg

:blink: B)

--Bill

:lol: :lol: Now THAT'S an all terrain wheelchair!!!

Bill

I didn't really have a tank in mind! Good idea though for when I go to the supermarket, as at the moment people dont pay attention and nearly bash me with their trolleys. I could just drive straight over them in one of these! LOL

hm lisa, normally i bash the people when i am in my wheelchair.

so you should work on your speed? :lol:

ciao thomas

hm lisa, normally i bash the people when i am in my wheelchair.

so you should work on your speed? :lol:

ciao thomas

So you just aim your chair at people do you, Thomas? :lol: As I do! :P

Seriously though, Lisa, you can't always be very polite and wait when you're in a wheelchair, as most people seem to ignore wheelchairs. :o

Seriously though, Lisa, you can't always be very polite and wait when you're in a wheelchair, as most people seem to ignore wheelchairs. :o

Hmmm, I'll never forget my first grocery shopping trip in a wheelchair.... It was Christmas, 2004, and this is when you expect people to be especially nice, right? NOT! My best friend was with me and she was trying to keep the swarming hordes from bumping into my newly surgery-ed leg. They were pushy, rude and acted like I was a vermin to be got out of the way. It was an eye-opening experience into the life of the disabled. An unpleasant one.

no lizzie,

i don´t want to hit other people, but i am very fast on the road and when the people walk to side without looking...they hit me then, because i have no chance to stop then.

normaly i get then an excuse ...with a painful smile. :lol:

no lizzie,

i don´t want to hit other people, but i am very fast on the road and when the people walk to side without looking...they hit me then, because i have no chance to stop then.

normaly i get then an excuse ...with a painful smile. :lol:

Sorry, Thomas - my mistake.

I try not to hit people too and mostly I do avoid them...but, sometimes it's just so tempting...especially in crowded womens clothes shops! :rolleyes:

Judith

you could always use clear varnish to keep your stickers on your crutches.

Lisa