Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leggy

Apology

To Admin,

please accept my appologies for my recent thread where I asked forum members if they visited any other forums.

I appreciate that it is totally against forum rules. <_<

It's against the rules to mention other disability sites??

Is this true?

:o

Ally,

that is sooo the face that I pulled earlier when I read that also.

It's against the rules to mention other disability sites??

Is this true?

:o

I can only find the following reference in the forum rules, Ally:

By all means post web addresses of support groups or organisations, but advertisements for similar forums or chat rooms are not allowed on this forum.

Lizzie :)

so does that mean you can post the web address... but you cant say.. go here its great?

so does that mean you can post the web address... but you cant say.. go here its great?

It sounds likely, Andy, but I'm not sure...you'd have to ask one of the admin team.

Lizzie :)

The way that I understood it was that advising, or referring, was one thing, and within bounds.

Promoting or soliciting was another, and out of bounds.

Hey, I didn't write the rules, I just read them and interpreted them for myself.

One, would leave the forum open to the "Billboard" form of posting, (which I don't favor)........ where the other would be to help answer legitimate questions, (which we all need from time to time).

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thankyou Jim you are correct.

It seem's that a number of members have disregarded Forum Rules etc, yet they agree to them when they join this site.

Now I begin to wonder if they have forgotten that they have agreed to the Forum Rules or are they deliberately trying to cause disharmony on this site?

This Forum is for Families, friends amputee's etc, and I am sure for the majority they visit this Forum for help/support/advice etc.

However there is a minority who do not like the harmony and success that the majority of members have created and the Mod/Admin team take a lot of time and effort to maintain.

Steve

Thankyou Jim you are correct.

However there is a minority who do not like the harmony and success that the majority of members have created.

Steve

Watch out Muz. . .I think they're after us again :rolleyes:

With a belly like mine I'll never be a minority :P

Mmm, ok, at the risk of being anal, but wanting to understand this correctly....

I am a moderator on another forum very much the same as this one. If we get new members there who I think would enjoy it here, I tell them to give the HMM forum (among others) a try.

Is this the 'no-no' we are talking about here?

And sorry Steve, I know I've been away for a few days, but you completely lost me with this talk about certain members trying to create disharmony. What have I missed? Or did it just go over my blonde head again?

Ally <---concerned :rolleyes:

Oops!! I'd better read up on the rules, b/c I didn't know that either!! :unsure: I know I haven't been here much lately, but why the need to mention another disability forum..... I don't know, b/c IMHO, this one is tops!! ;)

Sheila lbk

Keep Smiling :)

post-452-1149802152.gif

I think the moderators and adminstrators of the site exercise pretty good judgement about users passing along information about beneficial sites to others, but it must be remembered that the site is owned and paid for by Heather Mills (or her representatives), and ultimately exists for the promotion of Heather Mills and those causes she chooses to espouse. That's why we have no obnoxious pop-ups, advertisements, or users' fees. The Amputee Forum as such doesn't necessarily always promote Ms. Mills, but you can see where she's not paying for the promotion of somebody else's forum. That's why I gather it's OK to say, "take a look at www.legs.com for advice about your foot question" but not "hey gang--take a look at the great discussions gong on over at the Foot Forum on www.timothywinship.com," (which, mercifully, does not exist!).

Obviously the adminstrators have the ultimate say on this, but that's my reading.

I think the moderators and adminstrators of the site exercise pretty good judgement about users passing along information about beneficial sites to others, but it must be remembered that the site is owned and paid for by Heather Mills (or her representatives), and ultimately exists for the promotion of Heather Mills and those causes she chooses to espouse. That's why we have no obnoxious pop-ups, advertisements, or users' fees. The Amputee Forum as such doesn't necessarily always promote Ms. Mills, but you can see where she's not paying for the promotion of somebody else's forum. That's why I gather it's OK to say, "take a look at www.legs.com for advice about your foot question" but not "hey gang--take a look at the great discussions gong on over at the Foot Forum on www.timothywinship.com," (which, mercifully, does not exist!).

Obviously the adminstrators have the ultimate say on this, but that's my reading.

Very Astute. Well spoken.