Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA Conference 2006 Review

Having a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Be home soon lots of incriminating pics :lol: :lol: :lol:

The highlight so far.......Neil and Marcia RUNNING!!!!!!!!! :P

Wheeeeeeee!!!! I had SUCH a BLAST!!!!! You are ALL so fabulous!!!!! I felt so comfortable with all of you and I can't wait to see you all again. I pray we all can make it next year and that even more people from this forum can join us!!! This was so meaningful and encouraging that anyone who feels they aren't sure if they should go, DO!! You won't be let down!!

Neal, I LOVE your voice!!!! You are such a pleasure to be around!

Judy, you are a hoot! I love chatting with you. Good luck with your support group!

Ruth, you are such a wonderful woman. I loved that you and Cat waited (oh so patiently) for me to get out of my seminar, just so that I would know who and where the group were/was. That was so sweet!

Cat, ditto, you ROCK! I so enjoyed hanging out with you! You are awesome people and made me feel right at home.

Higgy(Tammie) & John, I LOVED hanging with you two! You are very warm people who kept me entertained and I LOVED all of your stories! Very Cool!

Marcia & Don, you two are sooo much fun that I am already excitedly anticipating Atlanta when I can meet up with you two again. So warm and friendly, I'm just getting sappy for how wonderful you were/are.

Debbie, you are a wonderful/beautiful woman! Always with a smile and a warm comment. It's been a real pleasure meeting you.

JohnnyV, YOU Da' MAN! You are such a fabulous conversationalist, that I couldn't get enough of you. Thank you for the many entertaining chats we had and especially for taking the time in walking me around to all the vendors and helping me to get my questions addressed. That took quite a bit of time out of your already packed schedule and I so appreciate your effort in helping me out.

I'm sorry I never met the rest of you who were at the meeting. I just couldn't be there early enough for it to happen. I hope I will be for next year.

I hope Everyone has a SAFE and pleasant trip home. :D

Take care,

Amy

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww dammit.

You know, I remember the last conference, and Cat saying that they would definitely make this one. And then the plans....and then it came so quickly. And I am all jealous as hell.

No man....I must make a plan to try to come to the next one. Or the next one at least. Looks like you all had such a stunning time.

So Johnny - where's the next one...and how much will it cost....and how long will it run...

And I can't wait to see Cat's pics....and other pics.....this is so awesome...

Sigh - I'm having a bit of a 'moment' here :P

I'm joining Ally in her "moment," here... sounds like it was a fabulous time, and I'm quite envious! Next year... next year... next year........

Ally, "next year" is supposed to be set for Atlanta, Georgia, mid-June. (The "comparable" weekend to this one.) I'm NOT sure I could actually make that one -- Atlanta is do-able, with a bit of serious savings, but that darned mid-June timeframe is terrible for my job. I'm trying to figure out a way to raise the issue with my boss.....! (Can't they PLEASE come to the West Coast, either one week, or more, earlier or two weeks, of more, later?????? If anyone has ties to the ACA's planning committee......................)

It's been great seeing the pics and hearing the stories... please post MORE!

Oh, you lucky people...................

take care... cherylm

You should all be jealous, very jealous. We had waaayyy to much fun. I can't say enough about how well we all got along.

More later..........

Ah, I was jealous way before it began! Wild horses cannot keep me away from next years!

My review of the conference:

Johnny....Great friend. Fun, honest, good leader.

Judy........Very nice lady. Funny, had something for anything that ailed you. Good drinker(non-alcoholic)

Marcia/Don....Gracious southerners. Funny, good conversationalists. Great friends.

Tammy/Jon....Great funny people. Always had a story to tell.

Paula....Very persuasive person. Good friend who gives lots of encouragement.

Debbie....Fun, vivacious person.

Amy....Funny. I wish you could have spent more time with us.

Cat/Ruth....I can't say enough about you two. Funny, caring, great friends. I hope you can come back

stateside soon.

Carol, Ray....I remember seeing you now, but didn't know who you were at the time.

Cheri, Karen....I wish we could have spent more time with you. I'm sorry to hear about your brother Cheri.

My thoughts are with you.

I think of all of you as good friends. I hope we can encourage more of the members to attend next year. The cohesiveness of this group was phenomenal.

OK for those not at the conference try to guess who did the following

Who broke the esculator????? and who encouraged them to do it?

Who announced to the bar they forgot their vibrator??

Which ladies picked up a lovely young boy at the bar on night one and named him their puppy??

which 2 forum people got on VERY WELL ??

What was the answer for an AK guy whose wife is sick of being on top??

I May or may not give you the answer :P but as you can see we had a hoot, haven't laughed so much in years

Muchly

Ok here's my review.

Apart from meeting everyone for the first time the absolute highlight for me was seeing Neal and Marcia's faces as they both ran for the first time. I have pics of Marcia but not of Neal, they are in his camera so pester him for them. It was just awesome seeing them acheive something that they both thought they couldn't do. The next morning Neal took part in a 5K charity run which was just wonderful.

The whole thing was fantastic. It was really well organised and ran smoothly with tons of information available. Everyone was soooooooooo friendly and welcoming. Once word got round everyone wanted to meet the Aussies.

Johnny thanks for organising us all so well. Going out of your way to make us all feel at home. Amy is right you IS Da Man! Hope you enjoy your gift ;)

Marcia and Don you are both amazing people and we so enjoyed being with you. Thanks for being so friendly and propping us up at the bar night after night. I can't even begin to tell you how much the 2 of you meant to us

Neal......what can I say you are an awesome fella. You made me laugh and think a lot about things, especially moving walkways.

Judy you amazed me. So young in the world of amputess but totally driven. I think if I was in your spot I might just roll up in a ball and never leave home but you are out there learning and wanting to help others.

Tammy and Jon I think you both drank the bar dry of Coke and Pepsi. :lol: I guess someone had to be sober. Thanks for spending so much time with us and making us feel so welcome. I'll be down soon to help with the hay :P Like with Marcia and Don I can't even begin to tell you both how much you meant to us.

Amy it was so nice to meet you at last. You have enough energy for 3 people and I struggled to keep up with you. So glad we got to spend that time with you.

Cheri our thoughts are with you. It was awesome meeting you at long last but so sad that you had to leave early. Hope you got home ok. Don't worry we will be back Party Girl ;)

Karen I will never forget your face as you told us about being mistaken for a college girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are Cheri's partner in crime and you make an awesome pair. Hope we get to meet you again you are awesome fun.

To all the others we met and chatted to including the ACA C.E.O and the founding member thanks for making it so enjoyable, informative and so much fun.

If ANYONE wants to go to one of these but is nervous or not sure......GO!!!!!! I can't praise these wonderful people enough. You will be made to feel as if you are home and that you belong.

And........not .........one.....person.....will...stare at you!!!!!!!!

It was fun. It was informative ( thanks for letting us know about the flexi-symes Marcus :rolleyes: :D )

It was exciting. It was life changing :)

Pics to follow soon in a seperate thread.

Cat

Hi All,

We just arrived home this evening, and I wanted to say that I'm so glad to got to meet everyone...

We had a fantastic time, made fantastic friends and even Jon is ready to start packing for Atlanta....You all made him feel so welcome, he had a ball...

Cheri, I'm sorry that you had to leave early and just know that my heart is with you at this time.

To everyone else, thank you for such great memories...

It was a bitter sweet homecoming, and just in the nick of time. Our "farm sitter", broke some bones in his foot last night, so, I've got to scoot, but I'll catch up with all of you tomorrow....

Tammie

Cat and Neal said it all..... the ACA conference was an awesome experience, and getting acquainted (and re-acquainted) with the precious people of the HMM forum really made it extra special. Instant rapport and affection all around... and yep, you could "feel the love"! :wub: My only regret is that I didn't get to spend much time with everyone. Just like last year, Cheri and I spent a lot of time "catching up" (and maybe a little "picking up" :lol:). We plan on getting together once BEFORE the next conference, so we can spend more time hanging with you all.

Thanks, Cat for not going into detail re my "school girl" story :rolleyes: .... and to both you and Ruth for sticking around for one (or was it two?) more drinks that night! So many great laughs!!!

XO

Karen

AKA

Orlando, Florida

Hmmmmm, Muchly...... I only know the answers to 4 out of 6, and I was at the conference!

:rolleyes: Definitely have to spend more time with y'all next year!

XO

Karen

OK for those not at the conference try to guess who did the following

Who broke the esculator????? and who encouraged them to do it?

Who announced to the bar they forgot their vibrator??

Which ladies picked up a lovely young boy at the bar on night one and named him their puppy??

which 2 forum people got on VERY WELL ??

What was the answer for an AK guy whose wife is sick of being on top??

I May or may not give you the answer :P but as you can see we had a hoot, haven't laughed so much in years

Muchly

Awwright, who broke the escalator?? (as a new amp, I haven't even been on one yet!)

And I have to ask: What was the answer for an AK guy whose wife was sick of being on top?

You guys are clearly insane, and I'm clearly going to meet you all next year! :)

I arrived home this evening. After being delayed in Memphis, the airline offered a $300 voucher for anyone who would go to Atlanta and then fly to Biloxi in the morning. Guess who did it?? Not me....Don. He was already scheduled to leave for Atlanta as soon as we returned to our home airport, so he went and got a travel voucher to boot. Cool, huh?

The conference was awesome, fabulous, every word you can think of. I couldn't believe how instantly we were all best buddies. I have never felt such camraderie. Thanks to JohnnyV for holding the table that first day. I don't think we ever ate another meal without each other.

Don't laugh when you see the pictures of me running. I don't think I was truly running but Neal sure was. He was great! You should see him do the Macarena B) We enjoyed you so much. You are a terrific guy.

Judy has more courage than anybody I've ever seen. You go girl! And she picks up cute young guys in the hotel bar.....

Tammie and Jon are the best. I'm so glad we got to know you both. Tammie ain't scared of nuttin!

It was good to see Cheri and Karen. They are both so adorable. It was just too brief. My heart is with you, Cheri.

I didn't get to see as much of Caroln as I would have liked, but she is a lovely person.

Amy's a doll. Looking forward to spending more time with her next year.

Cat and Ruth, what can I say? Meeting you was everything I hoped for and much much more. You guys are so special to us. I miss you already. My dear cobbers. (did I get it right this time?) You are both awesome people.

Last, but not least, JohnnyV was definitely "in the house". Thanks for being our fearless leader.

Don had a really good time. He's such an instigator.

It was one of the most positive experiences of my life. Last year was good...this year was GRREAT!!

I hope each and every one of you who wants to go can make it next year.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Mums the word from me!! ;) What happened at the conference stays at the conference! B)

OK, sounds as if all had a very good time....LOVED the pictures so far......want more, more, more. It is so great to put a face to a name. Marilyn & I will be there next year!! RIGHT Marilyn. :)

To the forum gang - thank you for giving me a reason to laugh. 2005 was not a good year (to put it mildly) but the friendship offered by all of you is extraordinary and will make getting thru July 14th possible. Neal, can I have that dance next year? My only regret is that I was too cowardly to get in the pool - that is on my agenda for this week. I am going to go to Atlanta next year if I have to give up eating to do it ( I need to lose another another 50 lbs. anyway). My wish for all of you is health and happiness and at least one leg to stand on. You all have my love and gratitude.

JudyH

Cat, I did put him back!JudyH

Judy,

I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to say goodbye.... I came out of the ladies room and everyone was heading off down the hall. I hope you had an easy trip home...

Also, I hope that the neuropathy is better now that you are home and have use of your vibrating pillow..

It was nice to have met you.....

Higgy

You all sound as you had a great time and everyone lived up to each others expectations.

I must admit one (but not the only) of the reasons for not going is that I would be very nervous about actually meeting anyone from this forum. Not for any bad reason you understand it's just that peoples online personalities can be very different to the reality.

Who know's one of these days I may pluck up the courage to go myself and finally put some faces to the people I talk to on here.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Mums the word from me!! ;) What happened at the conference stays at the conference! B)

I'm not saying a word.........especially about the escalator :rolleyes:

I'm not either. Mums the word. I would never tell who went the wrong way up the escalator and broke it right before my very own eyes. I would never tell....

The woman who was tired of being on top was hilarious. You would have to see the couple to fully appreciate it. The person she asked the question was an LAK Elvis impersonator. He was totally embarrassed by it. By the way, he does a very good job of portraying Elvis.

I miss you guys already. Can't wait for Atlanta.

Don't worry about it Muz. We forgave Cat. We only kept him in his carrier when he missed the litter box. He also had a long stay there after he broke the escalator.

I'm not either. Mums the word. I would never tell who went the wrong way up the escalator and broke it right before my very own eyes. I would never tell....

Hmmmm think Cat & you have answered the first 2 questions right there :rolleyes:

We miss you too Neal , we miss all you guys, it was really sad saying goodbye.

Will be doing our darndest to get to Atlanta

But you can also save your pennies and come visit us.... Marcia & Don are :D

Muchly