Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA Conference 2006 Review

Sooooooooooo.................

That's who done it! Now we know..... :lol: :lol:

We did have a great time, and the only thing that put a damper on it was the fact that we all had to return home......

And Muz, the people are all just like their online personalities..... ESPECIALLY CAT....I think I will forever remember Cat and Ruth getting the giggles in the bar that night....It's so great to see someone get so tickled like that..

Tammie

Don't worry about it Muz. We forgave Cat. We only kept him in his carrier when he missed the litter box. He also had a long stay there after he broke the escalator.

Neal, How did i miss that? The escalator! JudyH

OK, sounds as if all had a very good time....LOVED the pictures so far......want more, more, more. It is so great to put a face to a name. Marilyn & I will be there next year!! RIGHT Marilyn. :)

Yes, girl, we will!!!

As was already mentioned, we all had the opportunity to sit together at all of the ACA provided meals. On Thursday for lunch, just before the Opening Ceremonies, we eat together for the very first time, those of us who found the table, that had arrived at that point. I was very busy with the camera that day, it being the first day together, so I would like to share with you, some of the other pictures that I took of the group. I hope that you like them. :D

Here is:

Our Australian Connection

Catherine - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

Muchlygirl - Ruth - Melbourne, Australia - 1st timer

Aren't they a lovely couple?

post-53-1150852466_thumb.jpg

Two more of our members:

Neal - Tulsa, Oklahoma

JudyH - Judy - 1st timer

post-53-1150852698_thumb.jpg

A warm and fun couple who know how to put the past behind them:

Marcia's Husband Don and

mmarie - Marcia - Biloxi, MS - Returning survivors of Huricane Katrina

post-53-1150852824_thumb.jpg

Yet another fun, warm and wonderful couple:

Higgy - Tammie and her Husband John - Illinois

post-53-1150853259_thumb.jpg

Search your camera, Johnny. I hope there's a better picture of me in there :o Lord, what a good time we had. I'm still flying.

It is nice to be home but I sure miss seeing amputees all over the place! I am really disappointed that I didn't get to hang out with everybody. A couple of times in the evening I was going to search everyone out and I should have. It was hard with the kids being with me and they couldn't go to any of the sessions or events. But it was still a great experience. I am really looking forward to next year.

Neal--I saw you a number of times but wasn't totally sure it was you so didn't start a conversation. I wish I would have. Next year.

Caroln

I am so jealous now that I missed out on so much fun! Next year I'm going to join with the table(s) at the very beginning!!

Caroln

But you can also save your pennies and come visit us.... Marcia & Don are :D

Yep, it's true. I found 11 cents while doing the laundry today and went into the "Australia Trip" fund. Well, you gotta start somewhere :unsure:

I am so jealous now that I missed out on so much fun! Next year I'm going to join with the table(s) at the very beginning!!

Caroln

If you don't, we'll hunt you down like a dog :D

Judy, I want to know if you took that cute little guy home with you..... ;)

I had a blast myself and was a little bummed that I hung out with my Dallas amputee travel buddies so much. Don't get me wrong...they are fun too, but I get to see them all the time! That last night at the dance I had a great time with you all (thanks marcia for sharing your hubby on the dance floor!) I love to dance, now that I finally can again. :D I can't wait for next year!

Debbie

-

A couple of times in the evening I was going to search everyone out and I should have. It was hard with the kids being with me and they couldn't go to any of the sessions or events.

Caroln

Awwwwwww Carol, you shoulda come find us. And we shoulda come found you more often.

Ruth says if we get there next year she will entertain the kids while you attend some sessions.

Cat

caroln,

At least we got the chance to meet in the peer visitor training....I wish we would of had a more time to get to know each other.Hopefully, next year we can all get together.

If everyone that plans on coming makes it, I think we are going to have at the least, a couple of tables. Still,

it was a pleasure to meet you.

Higgy

I wish you had stopped me Carol. I remember seeing you, but I didn't know who you were til I saw your pic on this page after I got home. I had seen Ray also, but didn't know it was him.

I kept looking for the one-legged people, but they were everywhere.

I asked Shane with the ACA how many people were in attendance. He said, as of Friday night, 742 people had attended. That's a lot of people.

I am just getting to read all the post from our fun time! The kids have been hogging my time upon my return... I guess that is what I get for abandoning them for 4 days! but mommy's time away was worth it! I had such a great time meeting you guys at the convention. When I got to the welcome lunch, the people in charge did not know what table was reserved for the Forum, so I sat with my Dallas amputee travel buddies. When I finally discovered who Johnny was, I think the group did not realize I was the Debbie from the forum. But I did get more chances to hang out as the days went by and loved hanging with you all at the dance. I think we lit up the the dance floor, if I say so myself! I am glad to see there was not any incrimenating photos of me... And thanks for posting the group photo. I am glad I made it in that. Marcia, Don, Neal, Johnny and Amy and ofcourse the infamous aussies... I can't wait to tear the dance floor up with you again next year!

Debbie

In no particular order here we go..........Amy

Ok so now I have to work out how to make them smaller....be back later

Amy

post-813-1151792806_thumb.jpg

Me being silly

post-813-1151792855_thumb.jpg

Cheri and Karen

post-813-1151792906_thumb.jpg

There's a limit??? :o

Help me Jeebus!!!

Cat, I'm not sure, but I think Johnny can lift the limit?

Good so far! (Are you guys back home now?)