Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

ACA Conference 2006 Review

:D You are ALL very welcome!!! Hope you enjoy! I LOVE the stuff!!!

Cherylm, glad I could take you down "memory lane" :) I'll have to try the carrots; it would add color as well. I'll try the sherry too.

Ruth: Asian wild rice? Never heard of it. I'll have to see if they have it at our Asian food stores and see if there is a taste difference. I also thoroughly enjoyed our time together and can't wait until I see you again. You are a blast!!!! So is Cat. So is everyone else!

:unsure: I know, I know . . . That dang Spam Museum in Austin, MN!!! I'll NEVER live that one down!!! LOL!!! They never took a vote from the rest of the state to see if we really wanted such a place affiliated with us!! :o

Go figure!

As Monty Python said so well..........

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam :lol:

Rub it in Buddy!! RUB IT IN!!! :P

B)

B)

:blink: .I'd rather eat it than rub it in :unsure:

B)

:blink: .I'd rather eat it than rub it in :unsure:

:lol: I guess I set myself up for that one! :P

Amy - did you notice my new quote?? :unsure:

Amy,

Thanks for the wild rice soup recipe......I'll have to try it soon......(however, today it is supposed to be 95, so, I'm not so sure it will be today)

I hope it works when I get back in September, that we have a chance to get together for dinner........

As for the spam thing....yeah, you walked into that one with Cat!....

Working hard at it......Coming home after that conference was like having withdrawl from everyone...sure missed all of you after I got home...

The good thing is, when it isn't the first time, you generally have a good idea of what high points to hit and miss....It sort of free's up some of your time...

Cat, being that Atlanta is a major airport hub, can you fly directly into it instead of Atlanta?

How are you feeling and did you go to the doctor yet, like you said you would?

Take care and feel better....

DUH......... It's early.....

Can you fly into Atlanta instead of New York?

I'm in search of my morning coffee..... it smells like it's done......

We'd have to go via either LA or SF and then to Atlanta Tammie

Of the three conferences I've attended, this past one was the best and it has to do with all the new friends I made through this forum. I've gone through the withdrawals also. Atlanta and the area is steeped in history. Maybe we can plan something around that.

Now I know what's wrong with me - withdrawal. I feel like I can't wait a year to see y'all again. :(

I think I remember hearing something about that.

Amy - did you notice my new quote?? :blink:

LMAO!!!!! I see it now!!!!! Waaaayyy too funny!!!! :lol:

As I recall, they done a Spam cookbook too, didn't they? :huh:

Oh my goodness! Probably! I believe there is a cookbook for everything these days. :blink:

GREAT PHOTOS!!!! Thank you for sharing! Of course, I brought my camera but never once took it out. <_<

If I put the conference as my "first" pick for vacation (we select in March), I do have enough seniority that I'm confident I can get it off. Yippee!! So the odds are in my favor that I will be able to join you all again next year and this time I'll be there the entire conference rather than rushing in late! :P

The big question for CAT is.....When weren't you being silly?

I'm so glad to hear that Cheryl will be able to join us next year. And Marilyn. and........? Anyone else want to commit yet?

We might have to take up a collection to get Cat and Ruth back. That airfare has to be enormous.

We need some Brits to join us and represent their side of the pond.

Ally needs to come from S A also.

I will be in Atlanta - wouldn't miss it. It was so great meeting everyone.

JudyH

Can you tell me when the next conference is. You know dates etc. I would love to come if the boss will let me take the time out

Rachel

Hey Rachel it is going to be in Atlanta, GA. and it is the same dates as this year around the 14th - 19th of June 2007.....I don't have my calander right here but it is that week, always beginning on Thursday and ending on Sunday......They said at the Minnesota conference that they are planning it to be in Atlanta for the next 3 years.....hope this helps you...sweet dreams..... B)

Can you tell me when the next conference is. You know dates etc. I would love to come if the boss will let me take the time out

Rachel

Rachel - go to the ACA website. Don't remember the exact address offhand. Just search for Amputee Coaltion of America. All the information about the annual conference is there and lots more too. Hope you get to come!

Hi Guys,

Just got back from a much needed respite at our cabin.

All the photos and comments from the Conference have been GREAT! I so enjoyed seeing and meeting everyone again. Cat & Ruth are such beautiful people- inside and out. Marcia also beautiful and sweet, along with her handsome hubby, Don. Neal, a pleasure to meet and sit next to at brunch (or shall I say the end of brunch, due to my and Karen's tardiness?!) another kind and handsome man, I might add! Tammie and Jon- a true pleasure to meet and hang with, and YES- beautiful and handsome once again! Johnny V- ever accommodating, inclusive, and also easy on the eyes! ;) Thanks, Johnny, for once again getting us all together! You are all a truly wonderful bunch, couldn't find more genuine people than all of you.

Sadly, I had to leave the conference early, as I got a call saying my brother took a turn for the worse. I was planning on heading straight to Texas from the conference, to visit with him, but ended up leaving Friday morning instead. He passed away the next evening, June 17th. So, I feel blessed that I was able to see, touch and talk with him before he left this earth to be with our Heavenly Father. On that note I just want to thank all of you for your kind words, emails, and cards. A lot of you knew what I was going through, and your love and support was/is very comforting to me. Thank you.

Can't wait to see all of you again next year, in Atlanta. I hope several more from here are able to make it as well, you won't regret it.

Much Love,

Cheri

I took the liberty of merging a few of the conference topics into one. I hope that you don't mind Cat and Ruth. :blush:

Hi Guys,

Cheri,

Glad to see you back on the board, I was beginning to wonder about you.... Have you heard from Karen since she had her Ertl procedure done?

Higgy

Hi Guys,

Cheri,

Glad to see you back on the board, I was beginning to wonder about you.... Have you heard from Karen since she had her Ertl procedure done?

Higgy

Higgy

Go to topic: Positive thoughts and prayers