Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sanicki

What do you want?

What do you want out of life? Not necessarily defined as an amputee...just in general...what do you want? & do you think becoming an amputee has altered that want or need?

my hubby and me are not happy unless we make each other 'snot' ourselves once a day :angry: .

I know that sounds gross :angry: , but what we mean is, that funny laugh you do, almost down your nose when you're caught off guard by something really funny.

We take great pleasure in make the other one 'snot themselves', THAT is what we want out of life. ...... I genuine giggle every single day, in other words, happiness in the everyday stuff. the rest will take care of itself.

We didn't have this daft game before my amp, it just started because we sensed that need to feel cheered up at the start and it's carried on.

Guest bearlover

I just want good health for both my hubby and I! If you Have your your health you have everything. Because sometimes all the $$ in the world can not :) buy health and happiness. :)

I would love to travel a great deal more than I do. I only receive 4 weeks holiday a year compared to my wife's 13 weeks (school teacher).

Now we have Sam that has also put a different slant on things (for the good I hasten to add). Although we did manage to get away earlier in the year.

The world has now become a tiny place but this is so much to see of it.

My biggest regret is not doing more of this when I was in my teens/twenties.

Mike.

I would to be more mobile and enjoy some of the simplier things of life, like: swimming, planting a flower garden, taking a long walk on the beach, etc.

I just want happiness for both myself and my family.

Hmmm, I would also like to eat chocolate and not put on weight :P , oh, and I would like a Mercedes CLK with a soft top, and cream leather interior - just for good measure! :rolleyes:

Sue :D

An 18" Deep pan spicy meat feast pizza please with olives and extra chillies ... and can I have it delivered as I can't walk as well as I used to ;) :P

What do you want out of life? Not necessarily defined as an amputee...just in general...what do you want? & do you think becoming an amputee has altered that want or need?

The human animal in general, was designed never to be completely happy with just what he had, hence - Progress. If it wasn't for that, we would still be living in a cave, (or not) and eating raw meat.

But we can find happiness and contentment with what we do have, if we let ourselves.

To me..... Life is as good as I let it be. And for me, that is everything that I could wish for. A loving wife and family, friends, a good home, my health, (in general, compared to many) and now........ new compatriots to spend my leisure time with, typing away.... and a feeling of occasionaly being a help to someone.

I am a very wealthy man ...... in terms of the things that matters most to me. I envy absolutely no one, and my needs are more than met. What more could I want?

The pizza doesn't sound half-bad, but I'd like a few other things, too................

Actually, this topic got me thinking quite a lot. Health, happiness, mobility (and the occasional pizza) are all worthy goals. So is travel. So is anything else that gets and keeps you going!

Up until recently, I spent a lot of time NOT thinking about what I wanted, as my sister and I were our parents' caregivers during their final years and that took just about all the time and energy we had to give. I basically put my life "on held" until all of that was sorted out... and then my health failed, tendons started tearing, bones started breaking, and here I am... still trying to figure out "what I want."

LIFE, mostly... ups and downs, both, but hopefully more of the former. A comfortable home, a paycheck, enough of the material goods to get by. Family. A partner, perhaps. A chance to help others in some way. The occasional vacation trip, preferably to someplace new with new people to meet. World peace. Music and laughter. Good food, good times, good friends. Sunny days and cool nights. Flowers. To comfort a friend in need. Dark chocolate and ripe strawberries. To love and be loved. Pizza.

There's nothing quite like nearly dying to give you an appreciation for living. I'm less-driven now, more open to the spur-of-the-moment experience. Less likely to worry about "what other people think." More likely to speak up. More self-confident, less aloof, more willing to reach out and accept help when offered.

I don't think my amputation "changed" me or what I want out of life, so much as it "clarified" just who I am and what's important to me. With ther being a little "less" of me, I'm MORE myself than I ever was.

That's my perspective, at least............

You know Marcus, I thought that I was about the only one spoiled with a hot cup of coffe on the night stand waiting in the morning when I woke up. To add to that, my wife just mentioned the other day that she had forgotten to turn the water off in the garden. However.... If I were to steal her plate of bacon while her back was turned, that might be awhile before I get the coffee waiting by my bed in the morning.

Your a braver man than I..... McGee.

I don't think my amputation "changed" me or what I want out of life, so much as it "clarified" just who I am and what's important to me. With ther being a little "less" of me, I'm MORE myself than I ever was.

I like that!

There isn't much else a guy could ask for

Technically...you didn't ask! You stole the bacon..you pig!! :P

After reading your post..I think I need someone who would bring me a cup of coffee in the morning. :(

Technically...you didn't ask! You stole the bacon..you pig!! :P

Technically.... If this made him a pig, then....... He would be a cannibal :o <_<

Bacon tastes even better when you steal it :)

;) You do have a point there. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bacon tastes even better when you steal it :)

;) You do have a point there. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just like scrumped apples Mmmmm :P

Linda, I think you need a Goblin teasmade then you don't have to stay awake listening to the snores for 8 hours before your coffe's made :lol:

Guest bearlover

Actually, My amputation made me worse. I had a leg that was pretty messed up since birth. Developed a searious bone infection from it. I was told to safe my life I had to lose my leg. But I was also told I would have a better life and be pain free. I have yet to see this. Iam more limited than ever. And have continued pain. But it did safe my life! So I'm :) thankful for that part. And positive thoughts have positive outcomes. I keep on trying.

I have to say, I'm so very fortunate... I have a man who loved me before and loves me now... he always makes the coffee and never asks for much in return. For this, I try to think ahead and give him things he didn't know he wanted. It's a good partnership.

Guest bearlover

I alos have the most fantastic man. He has never missed a prosthetic appt. with me, ask ever day how I feel, washes all the floors in the house, and is just a awesome husband, Without him I would never have as much fight in me. He also has much input in the whole process For him I am ever so greatful!! ;) :) :D

Linda, I think you need a Goblin teasmade then you don't have to stay awake listening to the snores for 8 hours before your coffe's made :lo

The ratchet device on the end of the motor (part of the self-starting system) makes a continuous swish, swish, swish sound which some people just can't sleep through..... "

I spose that will have to do as the "snores" have left the building. ;) :) Which in comparrison to the treatment others receive....I'm happy for the new found silence & look forward to "better" sounds. ;)

The ratchet device on the end of the motor (part of the self-starting system) makes a continuous swish, swish, swish sound which some people just can't sleep through..... "

I spose that will have to do as the "snores" have left the building. ;) :) Which in comparrison to the treatment others receive....I'm happy for the new found silence & look forward to "better" sounds. ;)

huh???? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

huh???? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HUH....what huh? That was referring to the Goblin teasmade description of the product? Or the missing snores??? :blink:

HUH....what huh? That was referring to the Goblin teasmade description of the product? Or the missing snores??? :blink:

The missing snores suggests an area that I will stay out of. The Goblin Teasmade description however is a "HUH?" Sounds like a Rube Goldberg contraption. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

By Golly, I was right. It is a Rube Goldbeg contraption. :P :P :P

The only tea that I drink is of the iced variety, (southern style), I must admit that this one went right over my head. .............. Then come to think of it, much does nowaday's :D :D

Thanks for the education.

By Golly, I was right. It is a Rube Goldbeg contraption. :P :P :P

Over here it would be called Heath Robinson :)

I would like to have a special someone to share things with. I'm not sure if I want to be married again...but never say never. I just miss having someone there. I think becoming an amputee has changed my thinking on that, some for the better and some not.

Caroln