Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sanicki

What do you want?

Carol, you are such a beauty and I can tell there is also beauty beneath the beauty :) Someone will be beating your door down one of these days.

Linda - "missing snores" can't be all bad :P

I also like what you said, Cheryl, about the amputation clarifying who you are as a person. I had never thought of it in that way. I have always felt I was supposed do something for others but could never figure out exactly what that something was.. Now I'm sure what it is. I'm supposed to reach out to other amputees and do whatever I can to help and support. This only became clear to me recently. I'll never be a Mel, but I'll do what I can.

Don't give up looking Carol. I'm sure there's someone somewhere that wants the same.

I agree with Muz. The only thing I see a little different is that I believe that it will find you without your having to look for it. Goodness attracts and from what I read here, you've got enough - and then some - to spare. It will find you.

I know these things. :rolleyes:

Cookies & bacon YUK :rolleyes:

Marcia-everyone does what feels good for them.........did I tell you we're recruiting?hehehe :P Step right up my friend :)

When are you guys landing on our shores?????? Make it quick :D It's playtime :D

I'll be happy to come over and volunteer. Will you be donating airfare?? B)

Guest bearlover

:) A lot of good advice. I waited a long time fir my hubby! we will be married 11 years in September. He is totally great. A true soul mate in every way. Good things come to those who wait!! And I was in your shoes once. Until I ment my guy. When you meet the right one you will know it. I did not have a amputation when I ment Bruce, But I did have a really bad leg and wore a brace and quite a limp from a birth defect. He looked behind that. 3 years ago I lost that leg. He never left my side. And now he has much imput with my prosthetist and almost never misses a appt. with me. He washes my floors and dose the things that are a little hard for me. He is my forever man. You will find that special guy too.Just watch and see!! ;)

Yeah Mate when I win the lotto :D

What Marcia & I really want is skin that looks real (if we're in the mood) and toe nails that don't look fake that we can paint - which won't peel off months before the nails on the real foot peel off. :P

and toe nails that don't look fake that we can paint - which won't peel off months before the nails on the real foot peel off. :P

Is this one real enough for you Mel?

x-toenail-fungus-darkened-nail_small.jpg

Yuukk! :o

Double YUCK........Definitely have to agree with Marcia on that one....

And Carolyn, life will sneak up on you when you least expect it. You are a very nice, happy person and I'm glad that I had the pleasure to meet you at the PV training..You will find someone, one day. And then the waiting will of been worth it..

See Muz, now if that nail had polish on it wouldn't it just look all the better :)

See Muz, now if that nail had polish on it wouldn't it just look all the better :)

I couldn't disagree with that ... however if I'd posted some of the others from that site I'm not so sure :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have read where a lot of folks are so happy to have a mate. If I could be happy again, that is what it would take. I hate living all by myself because Iam a people person. I have been alone for twp tears now and I very seriously doubt if there will be anyone else before I pass on. Because of that I wake up every morning wondering what for. Peple tell me every day I have so much to offer. But if I do how come nobody wants it? the question was what would make you happy now that we are an amputee? Well, an end to the nevr ending lonliness would be it for me.

Don :( :( :(

Don and others who are lonely,

I lost my leg in 1979 at age 24. I had lost my girl the year before. For the next 13 years I met several women and developed relationships that did not last, until I met the woman in 1992 who I would later marry in 1997. Every time a relationship ended I felt more strongly that I would never meet the woman who would become my wife. I was wrong for I found her and we are together still. So do not give up. Go and meet new people. Let friends play matchmaker. If you do not try to find your mate you likely will not. Best of luck!

I want to be the person I was before the amp. I have become so wound up in the issues linked to amputation

that I am sooooo scared to do almost anything.

I want to be able to get on the back of my hubbies bike and ride off like we used to do pre accident. But I get once round the block and am a nervous wreck.

I want to go to the gym and lose the weight I have put on. I keep putting it off cos I have not got a swim leg yet.

I WANT MY CONFIDENCE AND FUN BACK.

Sorry feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment.

Rachel

Rachel, it will come with time! We all get feeling "down" and "sorry for ourselves" occasionally -- I know I do! -- but there's a LOT of Life out there to experience and you WILL experience it!

When I find myself unable to do something I used to be able to, I try not to focus on that. Instead, I immediately try to find either another way to do it... or something else entirely that I can do. And then, some time later (maybe days; maybe weeks) I attempt my "impossible" task again. I generally find that, even if I still can't "do it" completely, I'm able to do more/better than the last time. And eventually, the time comes when the "impossible" task is accomplished quite easily... at which point, I give myself a HUGE pat on the back!

Take it easy and try not to focus too much on potential problems. You may not be ready to "ride off into the sunset" yet... but you ARE going around the block. Eventually, "around the block" will feel familiar and comfortable... at which point you can extend the ride another block... and another... and then maybe a short stretch along the highway... and then, yes, you'll be snuggled up againt hubby's back and on the road again.

It's really okay if you do it in stages.......... it's not a "race"....... your nerves will subside and your confidence return...... and you'll be all the stronger for having conquered this challenge in your life.

take care... cherylm

I'm pretty sure its a conspiracy, but some day we'll get Linda to crack and tell us all their nefarious plans

Oh, you could grab me, hold me down, make me your prisoner...(hey, wait a minute..that doesn't sound so awful..a bit fun actually.. :o ;) ) But I'll never crack!!!! Might dent a bit...but I'll never crack!! :D

Linda

What do you want out of life?

I was thinking about this question before falling asleep last night and then woke up to the smell of bacon frying this morning. As I opened my eyes I saw a cup of coffee waiting for me on the night stand. I called into the kitchen to ask my wife if she had remembered to turn off the water in the garden last night, and when she went out to check, I hopped into the kitchen and stole her plate of bacon.

There isn't much else a guy could ask for :)

Sounds like you have it all Marcus!!!!! And by the way what is your avatar???

:angry::angry::unsure:

I have to say, I'm so very fortunate... I have a man who loved me before and loves me now... he always makes the coffee and never asks for much in return. For this, I try to think ahead and give him things he didn't know he wanted. It's a good partnership.

Me too Marilyn........I couldn't ask for more......he loved me then & continues to love me even more today. Sometimes when I feel down I wonder if I could have made it without him (don't think so) :( :( Yikes I'm starting to get drippy. :P

You know Don

There is an old saying that women are a dime a dozen. (I know girls, that does sound chauvenistic, but to be fair, so are men.)

The trick however is to find the right one. I was extremely lucky and have been married to an angel on earth for 48 years. I came home from the army at 21 with the idea in mind of living life to the fullest for as long as I could. My dad was the mayor of town, and I thought that I not only owned the town, but the world.

I wasn't even going to think about getting tied down for at least 5 years, and then maybe spend another 5 looking for the right one.

Ha!!! I met my wife six months after being home, and the sky fell in the first moment I laid eyes on her. 3 months later we were married. If I had been looking for her, I probably would have been to blind to see.

I believe that there is someone out there for everyone. Just be patient. It will come along when you least expect it. From what I've read here, you sound like a decent person, and women find that a premium. Worthwhile women - that is. And if your leg matters, then you just haven't found the right one..... yet!!

and generally behaving like an 8 year old have always been my key to being happy. :)

8 years old??? You grown up... you :lol: :lol:

Savoring the simple things like sunsets, butterflies
...tomatoes & pineapples. ;)

... but not bananas thankfully :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to be the person I was before the amp. I have become so wound up in the issues linked to amputation

that I am sooooo scared to do almost anything.

I want to be able to get on the back of my hubbies bike and ride off like we used to do pre accident. But I get once round the block and am a nervous wreck.

I want to go to the gym and lose the weight I have put on. I keep putting it off cos I have not got a swim leg yet.

I WANT MY CONFIDENCE AND FUN BACK.

Sorry feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment.

Rachel

So what is stopping you? Go to the gym use crutches to get fom the lockers to the pool and swim, just as I did this morning. A swim leg is not needed, says my 3,800+ miles in the pool.