Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sanicki

What do you want?

I want to be the person I was before the amp. I have become so wound up in the issues linked to amputation

that I am sooooo scared to do almost anything.

I want to be able to get on the back of my hubbies bike and ride off like we used to do pre accident. But I get once round the block and am a nervous wreck.

I want to go to the gym and lose the weight I have put on. I keep putting it off cos I have not got a swim leg yet.

I WANT MY CONFIDENCE AND FUN BACK.

Sorry feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment.

Rachel

I want to be the person I was before the amp. I have become so wound up in the issues linked to amputation

that I am sooooo scared to do almost anything.

I want to be able to get on the back of my hubbies bike and ride off like we used to do pre accident. But I get once round the block and am a nervous wreck.

I want to go to the gym and lose the weight I have put on. I keep putting it off cos I have not got a swim leg yet.

I WANT MY CONFIDENCE AND FUN BACK.

Sorry feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment.

Rachel

So what is stopping you? Go to the gym use crutches to get fom the lockers to the pool and swim, just as I did this morning. A swim leg is not needed, says my 3,800+ miles in the pool.

Freddy just said it all. Go for it. Just because we can not do things the SAME WAY as we used to, doesn't mean that we can't do them at all. Jiminey Crickets!! :D I've got too much living to do, to let a little thing like the loss of a foot stop me. And I'm 69, with very little circulation and a recent heart condition showing up. Now, what's your excuse?

P.S. Feeling sorry for ourselves is definitely allowed. I take at least one day off a year for just that - well, maybe two.

I'm half serious, half fun-ing with you Rachel. I hear your frustration and believe me.... I have it also at times, but I can not change what is, anymore than I can be 21 again. (NO thanks - just an illustration). Either I lick it, or it licks me. It's that simple. And I've never been known to quit.

I want to be the person I was before the amp.

You ARE the person you were before the amp and so much more. Just remember that. So what if you get a little nervous about doing something. Keep trying or forget it and move on to something else and try the thing you're nervous about another time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

And you know what -- I use any excuse I can find to keep from losing weight :P

Hang in there, girl. You'll get there. I promise.

Now THAT'S short, simple, and to-the-point! And, given the disastrous showing of the US team, I'll gladly root for England!

The only tea that I drink is of the iced variety, (southern style), I must admit that this one went right over my head. ..............

That's what you get for stealing bacon Jim :lol: :lol:

That's what you get for stealing bacon Jim :lol: :lol:

It's Marcus that's the bacon thief. And from his own wife when her back was turned, no less. Shame, shame. B) B) (Here we call that "snitching a bite".)

What do you want out of life? Not necessarily defined as an amputee...just in general...what do you want? & do you think becoming an amputee has altered that want or need?

Firstly, I want to be able to go walking without hurting; work in my flowers; be able to bend down like I used to. My life changed alot. (I'm not whining) just reflecting I guess. Must be feeling alittle sorry for myself. :( :( sorry.......its been raining this whole darned week....sometimes it gets me down. I feel much better now ...thanks for letting me vent.

Yes it has altered my life.....It has made me alot stronger!!!!!!! I really believe I was a wimp before....and you definitely can not be a wimp & an amputee.

Ann, I'm just about positive that you were NOT a "wimp' before... you just hadn't had the opportunity to show how strong you are! Granted, this is a lousy way to do it, but there's nothing like surviving a crisis to to let you discover what you're capable of.

You're right... living as an amp is NOT for the faint-of-heart. We're a tough, capable, and altogether remarkable lot!

What do you want out of life? Not necessarily defined as an amputee...just in general...what do you want? & do you think becoming an amputee has altered that want or need?

July 14th will be a year since my husband died - that - not the amputation last November- changed what I want. But finding this forum and the ACA have given me new goals, and the friends I have made here have given me so much support. The day of my surgery I thought my life, as I had known it, was over. But now I have new friends and new challenges. I am starting a support group and will be doing peer visits. Back to your questions- becoming an amputee has changed the way I have to do some things(depending on if I can or cannot wear my leg). But there aren't too many things I can't do if I really want to.JudyH

Nice warm dry twisting roads, early morning free of traffic, a tank full of gas, some good buddies to ride with and after a 100 miles or so a real cooked breakfast while sat looking at some of the most fantastic scenery anywhere.

Wonderful !

post-1399-1151564992_thumb.jpg

Nice warm dry twisting roads, early morning free of traffic, a tank full of gas, some good buddies to ride with and after a 100 miles or so a real cooked breakfast while sat looking at some of the most fantastic scenery anywhere.

Wonderful !

Beautiful countryside Mike

Ann, I'm just about positive that you were NOT a "wimp' before... you just hadn't had the opportunity to show how strong you are! Granted, this is a lousy way to do it, but there's nothing like surviving a crisis to to let you discover what you're capable of.

You're right... living as an amp is NOT for the faint-of-heart. We're a tough, capable, and altogether remarkable lot!

Thanks Cherylm...appreciate the reply. :P

Wonderful !

Beautiful countryside Mike

I guess I'm very lucky Jim, I have so much of that right on my doorstep

guess I'm very lucky Jim, I have so much of that right on my doorstep

Damn, only thing onmy doorstep is the freakin paper. :wub:

Just had the radio on Barry White...You're the first...... the last...... My Everything.....That's something I'd want to be. ;)

Linda

guess I'm very lucky Jim, I have so much of that right on my doorstep

Damn, only thing onmy doorstep is the freakin paper. :blink:

Just had the radio on Barry White...You're the first...... the last...... My Everything.....That's something I'd want to be. ;)

Linda

But with whom Linda :huh: .. And why did you have a radio on Barry White :P

But with whom Linda .. And why did you have a radio on Barry White

I haven't met him yet. :blink:

On Barry??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great avitar Linda I want one of those!!!! :lol: :lol:

Can't be happy with someone else unless you are happy with you first. It's not over-never over until the fat lady sings and I haven't heard that tune yet! :) :)

Come on people only you will fix that stuff!

Firstly, I want to be able to go walking without hurting; work in my flowers; be able to bend down like I used to. My life changed alot. (I'm not whining) just reflecting I guess. Must be feeling alittle sorry for myself. :( :( sorry.......its been raining this whole darned week....sometimes it gets me down. I feel much better now ...thanks for letting me vent.

Yes it has altered my life.....It has made me alot stronger!!!!!!! I really believe I was a wimp before....and you definitely can not be a wimp & an amputee.

Ann, is it still raining there? Here in SW Ohio the sun is shining today and it is getting HOT! The only rain predicted in the next 5 days is for the 4th... go figure!

I, too, want to walk -- better and longer. I'm not there yet. But I've found (like you) that I am a much stronger person than I thought. That is worth a lot. Thinking of you from Cincinnati.

Linda

Ah, gotta love that Barry White! :)

:( :( :( :( :( It's July 11th, and Iam STILL VERY VERY LONELY!!! I don't expect I will ever meet someone else. Iam a fairly good looking guy according to what folks tell me. And they als tell me I have a heart of gold. I have also been told that there are soooo many women who are looking for a guy just like me. What I want to knowis, "WHERE ARE THEY AT???????????????????????????????? :blush::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

"What do I want?"

First, I have a lovely wife who was in the accident with me and is still recovering. I want her to get well and back on her feet.

Second, We have a caregiver (our adopted son) who is really "the light of our lives". Dressing changes, etc. are OK with him. He's a good cook, too!!!

Third, I've been "back to work" at home for three months now and am looking forward to getting out and showing houses, walking the fields and starting my own development business. (I'm in real estate)

My wife and I were married 6 years ago and I promised her 30 years, so I want at least another 24 to keep my word.

We have a wonderful relationship, and I want that to continue.

I want to be able to show others that an amputation isn't the end of the world and to help kids understand just what it is.

I'm looking forward to the day that I walk into a friend's business or home and see a puzzled look followed by "I thought you lost your leg?". Then I'll be able to say "I found a new one."

Gil Davis

Hi Everyone:

I wish and pray that my beautiful daughter would get off drugs!

Lynne