Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
unique

Second Anuual Amputee Beach Party, Margate New Jersey

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the SECOND Anuual Amputee Beach party is happening in Margate New Jersey, on July 21st through the 23rd. If you can't come why not organize your own in your state or Country

.I had this idea for years because as a non user, having people stare and make comment is an everyday thing. But in a BATHING SUIT, that was tough (Bathing suits are tough for everyone I think)

So I decided why not strut your stuff in the comapany of others?? There is safety in numbers! And it was a blast!!. There were about 8 othere attendees and I hope for at least twice that this year!

We mastered that art of getting into the surf with old crutches and getting out of the surf with the help of the fantastic lifeguards and others.

It was really a special day for me and I hope the others as well. Thanks to our hostess the wonderful Jonay we had a blast at the BBQ, and I think we all came away with the feeling that we were not alone.

No matter how good the Consmesis is it does not change the fact that we are all amputees and we all have a little different body image.

So if you can come , please email me and I will get back to you. If it is too far, or the wrong continent, have your own!!

It will change your view on the Beach, just remember, sand and fancy cosmesis's do not mix!

Take care, and keep swimming!

Unique

Everyone is invited to a BBQ and to spend time on the beach on the 22nd and there are reasonable eaccomidations nearby at the Sommers Point Residence Inn.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Hope the sun shines. :)

Looking forward to the pics to compare them to last year...let's see if JV has put on any weight :lol: