Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Muz

Have We Met Before?

Have We Met Before?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have any of you met in person?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If not would you consider it in the future?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

With another successfull ACA conference now over, I've been wondering how many of you on this forum have met one another in person?

If you wish to add details please bear in mind that you may need the other persons consent before naming them.

To start the ball rolling, I've never met anyone from here (unless I unknowingly bumped into them at my limb centre) but I would consider attending the ACA conference one year.

Hi Muz,

Good idea! :D

I have only met one person from here so far, as I was in their neck of the woods. I had an appointment in that area and was with my mum. It was a gorgeous day, so this person drove us to a pub where we had lunch then dropped us off at the seaside, which was a lovely thing to do. It was really nice meeting this person, that day :)

I haven't mentioned names, so if that person comes along and reads this, then you are welcome to say it was you. I don't mind at all :)

I am totally NOT against meeting others. I would love to! In fact, I had hoped to be at the ACA Conference this year to meet whoever went from here, but I had to change my plans :(

To start the ball rolling, I've never met anyone from here (unless I unknowingly bumped into them at my limb centre)

You definitely haven't met anyone from this forum, Muz?? :unsure:

Nope, not met anyone yet, but I quite unhesitatingly say, I would love to meet many of you next year!

I can "kind'a" understand feeling a little hesitant about meeting someone you've only "known" online... but I'm hopeful that such contacts would be good ones! My sister and brother-in-law "met" online, in fact... and not through a "social/dating" site! They were both posing on a "severe depression" forum... he having recently lost his wife to a heart attack, and she still grieving the recent loss of our parents. They started consoling each other... eventually started exchanging emails... then phone calls... then met in person, and the rest is history!

Of course there are folks around who "present a different face" online than they do in person... but it's awfully hard to do that consistently over a long period of time! Eventually, the REAL person shows up... and the REAL people I've encountered here are WELL worth meeting!

I wish I'd been able to make this year's ACA conference, and I hope I can be there next year!

You definitely haven't met anyone from this forum, Muz?? :unsure:

No, I supposse it's possible that someone may have spotted me in my home town (surprisingly it seems it is quite a popular destination) but if they did they never introduced themselves :(

I didn't know what to expect when meeting members at the ACA. It was great. As you've read in the ACA section, we all got on great. We ate together, we drank together, and we laughed a lot.

I loved meeting those I met and look forward to meeting more of you in the future. It would be a big expense for those of you living abroad, but you heard Ruth say that they are saving their bucks for next years conference. It's an expense that I don't think you would be sorry about.

I've meet a few amps through limb centres and amputee footie, over a hundred in fact! Goes to prove 'There's life out there Jim' But not as we know it!

PJ :D

Isn't the ACA held in America. Any chance of Muz organizing one for Brit's etc. I love his neck of the woods and would gladly attend sumat he set up.

Maybe we can do something half way. You know a weekend in the Lake District. Course it would have to have a theme. Any suggestions?

I had thought 'murder mystery' but that was too corny.

Rachel

Hi Muz,

Good idea! :D

I have only met one person from here so far, as I was in their neck of the woods. I had an appointment in that area and was with my mum. It was a gorgeous day, so this person drove us to a pub where we had lunch then dropped us off at the seaside, which was a lovely thing to do. It was really nice meeting this person, that day :)

I haven't mentioned names, so if that person comes along and reads this, then you are welcome to say it was you. I don't mind at all :)

I met Afet and her lovely mum last summer. It was great to see her after mailing each other thro the site. Unfortunatly I was working on the day, so couldn't spend as long as I would have liked with her. (LEAVE IT)

Isn't the ACA held in America. Any chance of Muz organizing one for Brit's etc. I love his neck of the woods and would gladly attend sumat he set up.

Maybe we can do something half way. You know a weekend in the Lake District. Course it would have to have a theme. Any suggestions?

I had thought 'murder mystery' but that was too corny.

Rachel

Haha ... Muz and organisation in the same sentence :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachel, I know I got lost once going to Milton Keynes but surely the Lake District would be a bit of a detour on the journey to or from Lyme Regis?? :rolleyes::unsure:

Personally I think you should all just come on over here-lick some vege off your fingers and stick around for one of our world famous BBQ's, few quiet beers etc etc . :D

I would have attended this year but it just wasn't possible & yes I have met Cat & Ruth from this forum-at a pub where else-it wasn't by chance either we planned it. And we've been back a few times :P As you do :D

When our social directors return from the O/S jaunt then maybe we'll get some plans on the drawing board-won't we :rolleyes:

Sorry I was never good at geography!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly billy I meant half way along the whole of the GB. Some of our Scottish people would be able to join us.

I already know Lyme REgis is half way between here and lands end!!!

love

rachel

I already know Lyme REgis is half way between here and lands end!!!

Unless you're already in Lyme Regis :P :P :P

Or in Lands End!

Come to think of it, why not start in Lands End, then travel up to John o Groats.

Sampling the regional brews as we go!

As......

Steve

(who is not sure how long that will take)

Sorry not keen on the beer. But would be worth it to get to Scotland and the whiskey!

On second thoughts maybe I will go with some one else not sure we would ever reach Scotland with the amount of pubs there are between lands end and jon o'groats.

Rachel

Well, I made the conference this year..so I have no clue whom I ran into or vice versa...I really like meeting new people alot....if any of you remember me give me a heck yeah....LOL...I was in Sabolich's booth and I had a wonderful Yellow cast on my L arm....Look forward to meeting more in Atlanta 2007 B)

Wayne,

I saw you there... at the time, it was pretty full though, and we didn't talk with anyone at the time..

Hubby and I had the chance to meet the rest of the crew at the conference...Amy, Marcia,Don, Cat & Ruth,Neal, Judy, Johnny V, Karen, Cheri, and Debbie..... (I hope I didn't leave any one out).....

Had a ball, it's so great to meet the faces behind the personalities that we meet on line... We had a great time, and the only thing that I can think of that might of topped it all was if the same crew were to of met at the Wild Horse Saloon in Nashville.... That was a blast, two years ago, but I think it would of been a riot for the bunch this year.....I've made many dear friends that I hope to always stay in touch with...

I think that Paddy Rossbach has talked about maybe doing something over seas.. Actually her words were something along the line of "wouldn't it be great to become the ACA of the world?" or something very close to that..... my suggestion, is I dont' think you would regret it...

Higgy

I agree Tammie. This year's group at the Wildhorse would have been a real hoot.

I think that Paddy Rossbach has talked about maybe doing something over seas.. Actually her words were something along the line of "wouldn't it be great to become the ACA of the world?" or something very close to that..... my suggestion, is I dont' think you would regret it...

Higgy

Maybe that will happen one day. But they will have to change the name to Limbs4Life first :lol: ;)

Higgy

Maybe that will happen one day. But they will have to change the name to Limbs4Life first :lol: ;)

You know, Cat, I had a chance to talk in depth with Mel about this yesterday, and I wouldn't want to change a thing in what she is doing... not even the name. It is an awesome task that she has undertaken and is doing. But then again, I'm sure that you know very well what she has done... Some of the nuts and bolts parts of it that we were discussing are even more "in depth", I think, than what the ACA is....either way, its a huge task and she should be given all of the respect that she deserves.

BUT........ yeah......... the Wild Horse Saloon would of been awesome.... Although.......I think that you would of had to probably put on a hat instead of the glow necklaces... :D I think I have the perfect one for you in my closet...definitely used, but loved none the less......

Amputee Coalition of America is the ACA. They hold an annual conference for amputees to view new technology, hear about emotional issues, support one another with personal issues, etc. We had an all around great time. There were about 15 from this forum in attendance this past year.

Guest bearlover

I have met some great people here. That we are alway exchanging personal e-mails. Haven't met any one in person yet :)

Well, I made the conference this year..so I have no clue whom I ran into or vice versa...I really like meeting new people alot....if any of you remember me give me a heck yeah....LOL...I was in Sabolich's booth and I had a wonderful Yellow cast on my L arm....Look forward to meeting more in Atlanta 2007 B)

FYRFYTER WAYNE;

I don't know if this is allowed, BUT I would like some comments about Scott Sabolich's clinic...I just had a new leg made & covered. Honest to God, I think they trimmed it with a chain saw!!!! Had them re-cover it again and doesn't look very much better. I WILL HAVE IT COVERED SOMEWHERE ELSE in afew months....do not want to go through this anymore. :( :( :( :huh: