Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Guest bearlover

How long do you wear your prosthetic for?? On any given day??

Guest bearlover

I wear my prosthetic for about 8-12 hrs. a day. When I first started out I wore it about 6 hrs. a day. It will be 3 years next month that I bec :) ;) ame a lbk.. I have come a long way. But want to to do a lot more.

I wear mine 10-12 hrs. I can go longer but when I'm ready to get comfy at night, on go the PJs and off goes the leg!

six in the morning to 10 pm is a normal day, with a change during the early evening for a shower

I'm also 16 - 17 hours perday... on an average work day, that's from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

It might be a little longer on the weekends, depending on what I'm doing that day...but if I've been "overdoing it" for several days, and I'm really tired and/or sore, I've also been known to give myself a "day off" and just wear my liner, putting the leg on only when I really need to be walking. That usually happens once every month or two.

Usually 6-00am till about 11-00pm every day.

That includes for a hectic and demanding working week and some serious weekend leisure activity.

Same here except for the 'serious' and 'activity' bits.... ;)

I manage between 8 and 12 hours, more than that does too much damage to be able to recover for the next day. Quite frequently I have to have a day off to heal, and some days I am unable to tolerate it for no reason whatsoever, it just doesn't want to go on properly. :(

Oh Marcia we are like twins.

I wear mine on average about 8 - 10 hours but if I know I'm not going anyway like Marcia I get the Pj's on and the leg comes off; but if I was going out til 3am then it would be much longer :D I would however apy for it the next day :rolleyes:

Mel.

Generally about 16 hours a day, give or take an hour or so now and again.

However, have been at this a long time, and as my two latest limbs on one particular side rub in different places after about 6 hrs, and one allows me to do things that the other does not, I juggle them throughout the day depending on what I am doing.

Before anyone tells me though .... I am well aware that this is not an ideal thing to do (and don't recommend it). I never used to need to do this and I would rather not do it now, it has been frowned upon by my limb providers but it keeps me mobile and allows me to do things I want to do, so until they come up with something better, that is the way I shall go.

Ann

From 5.30 am to 10.00 pm most days, maybe couple of hours less on a Sunday.

-Bill

RBK Feb 2003

I could only wear mine a few hours every other day until I got the "Comfort Ag" liner that goes under my liner with the pin. My skin is extremely sensitive. No I fan put it on and leave it for 15 hours.JudyH

I have to go with about everyone else and say that I wear mine about 12-16 hours a day. The longest that I have worn mine is 4 days.... (when I was at the hospital with my father before he passed away)

There are days, that it has to come off earlier, and others where it is on longer, it just depends on what is going on. That and the fact that I try to watch for skin break down and if it is looking like it needs to be off longer, I leave it off more..

Higgy

I'm in the 12- 16 hour bracket, but I realise that's just to long, I wish i could take it off at work, the trouble is who would carry my leg from the toilets? :)

PJ :lol:

Hi Bearlover,

I wear mine about 10 to 12 hours but if i have a physio session or a visit to the limb centre i have to have a break for about 30 mins to 1 hour afterwards otherwise i can do noothing on it all day. So with a break i can put it back on and use it.

I am not working so i probably do not use my leg as much as others.

Like Marcia and Mel i LOVE to take my leg off when i get my night clothes on.

Love Yvonne - RAKA

xx :blink:

P.S. Good question Bearlover

Hi

I wear mine from 8 in the morning till 11- at night most day's.

I am AKA.

But when on holiday only when I have to,

Pat.

I put mine on when I get up in the morning, 7/8 AM, and take them off when I go to bed, 1/2 AM. Sometime during the day I might take them off to air out my leg.

Paul

12 to 14 hours a day, that is enough for me.

5:30 AM to 8: pm everyday,

sometimes longer if I feel like going out after work.

Ted

When I get up the leg goes on and stays on till bedtime whatever time of the day that is. Also depending on if I'm out with Mel :P ..they can be late ones :D

Hi:

I wear mine from the moment I get up, and then it's off whenever I go to bed.

I have fallen asleep on the couch sometimes with it on, so I just go thru the next day. BUT! by the second day I screem :blink: to get it off LOL.

Lynne

PS", I do change my sock when I wake up after I've had it on all night though!

from the moment i roll out of my pit, to the moment i roll back into it..... woulnt have it any other way. pain or no pain..... as long as i wear it my brain thinks i still have a leg and i can try and get over why im like this....

from the moment i roll out of my pit, to the moment i roll back into it..... woulnt have it any other way. pain or no pain..... as long as i wear it my brain thinks i still have a leg and i can try and get over why im like this....

I'm with you Tony. I never go a day without it. I could never sleep with it on though like Lynne. It would wake me.