Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dlovu

Cleg with a better foot

I have a Cleg and I am unhappy with the feet they supply. They feel like they walk on wood. My warranty will be expiring and I am interested in what C leggers switched to that they they felt was more comfortable and stayed better on the ground. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, I have just finsihed trialling the C-leg and I would have considered it but for the foot. apparently they have added more now and have a total of 8 to choose from but they still don't come close to the foot I use. I depend on it so much for the energy return and notice the difference big time now that I have the old one back on.

I think that this a big fallback if you could add the foot you liked with the C it would be wonderful. I also found that because of the very late engagement of the toe to break the knee I had alot of back problems. The benefits were fantastic because I didn;t fall once but I still want to be walking in 10 years so maybe it's just not for me.

I know lots of people who love the c-leg. The biggest negative is the choice of feet. Otto Bock is not known for their great feet like Ossur.