Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MiniMonkey

Which foot to you prefer?

I was just wondering which prosthetic foot you think is the best?

I have only tried 2 different feet, Ossur Sureflex, feels like a peice of wood, very stiff, it was the first foot i were fitted with. And the one i have now, Freedom-innovations Highlander (FS 3000) It is waaaaaay better then Sureflex, feels good when walking around the city, you can walk in the woods but it dont adapt so much to the uneven terrain, walking down slopes is hard. walking up slopes is not so hard. I really like that it dont weigh much, a few 100 grams. I cant jogg in it. But i dont have so much to compare it with. I would like to try all the feet that are out there to see which foot is the best for me :D , btw have anyone tested thoose sprint feets?

I've worn the Carbon Copy II by Ohio Willow Wood for 18 years now, and see no reason to change. They work for me.

I have a college park tru step-split toe and I love it too! Heaps of movement in the ankle and good feedback-energy.

I'm not sure what kind of foot I had for the first 9 years, never thought to ask. I have had a Sure Flex for the last 2 years and it's doing fine for me. Not that I have anything to compare it to though.

My CP is going to let me try a Runway soon. Can't wait.

Has anyone here tried a Senator foot from Freedom? My CP wants to write something about it in his newsletter and I would be interested to hear from people that have tried it.

In my opinion there's a lot of difference between feet, prefered for AK's and BK's from what I hear and read from fellow amputees.

I, as a LBK am happy with a very light foot: a Ă–ssur modular III I have now for 3 years.

Have worn a Ceterus wich is too heavy for me and a Vari-flex wich gave me a less active feeling.

I can do without extra options as rotation- or shock dampening, too much added weight for extra's I do not really miss with the very simple but effective Modular III.

However, with a artificial knee AK's react different on the extra weight, it gives them a certain advancement in the swing movement of the leg.

I've had a Pathfinder from Ohio Willow Wood for several years now, and it's served me more faithfully than anything else. It's held up well under some pretty rough conditions (a mosh pit comes to mind) and mile after mile after mile of walking. It's pretty heavy, but I've gotten used to that. All in all, a great foot.