Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
cherylm

ROLL CALL:

Oh and by the way....I'm still here....can someone tell me why I shouldn't be? :mellow:

Lynne

Afet

Please stay in touch. You have done so much for all of us.

Rachel

Lynne, it was a squabble gone terribly wrong and I'm sure none of us want to go there again. Johnny and the forum management took the actions they felt necessary to get us all back together and "focused," and so let's just move forward; okay? You're actually kind of lucky in missing it.

My only regret is if all the "confusion" contributed to afet's decision to move on... I hope she reconsiders and stops in, at least occasionally, to say "hi!"

Iam still here. I have not been feeling very well, and so I haven't been here for a little while. But what in the world is going on? Is Afet leaveing? Somebody fill me in. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Love, Don & "Miss Angel"

Then it is a sad day for the forum, which will be the poorer for the loss of a very special person.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you well Afet with whatever you choose to do.

:unsure:

I'm still here and intend to remain. I've gotten too many good ideas from other people to stop now. Besides, I totally agree with the action taken. I have spent years ensuring that the public is safe in several different roles so the action of "pruning the tree" is familiar to me.

I have looked at several devotee and wannabee sites (some accidentally, others on purpose) and was NOT impressed.

Thank you to all the moderators

Gil Davis

B) B)

Hi, All...

I have to admit that yesterday was very unsettling to me... which does NOT mean that I have any desire to see recent events continue. I truly hope that Johnny's actions will get us all back "on track": this is too valuable a place to endanger it with infighting.

That said, I'm wondering how many of us are still here and committed to keeping the forum going.

I'm HERE. I intend to stay. How about you?

take care... cherylm

Hi

What have I missed?.

I have been a member from nearly the start of this site I was one of the first 30 to join.

I am still here have been away sometimes but always come back .

So please tell me what happened yesterday which would have been the 30th of June.As your post is the 1st of July.

Pat.

Pat, it was a "squabble" that escalated and went terribly wrong. Johnny addresses it better than any of us ever could in his "Admin Statement 7/1/2006" in the "Forum News" topics. It appears to have been taken care of, and I'm thankful for that... and ready to move on with "normal forum life."

Hello to everyone. There may be many of you who don't know me since its been ages since I've posted anything. To those who do remember me here is the latest. Well, I am still working at the railroad. My wife and I have purchased a Card and Gift shop. But last July I decided not to continue my therapy with the prosthetics. After 2 years of it I was getting really stressed out from the ordeal of getting the legs on, being comfortable, all the effort required to walk, the problem of my shorter weaker limb, and my progress seemed to have leveled out. I had to decide whether I was going to continue working and get on with my life or quit work and dedicate more time to therapy. If I had been single and younger I may have continued. Everyone, my therapist, the doctor, the shrink all said it was my decision and that I was not "giving up". I needed to do what was best for me. I do encourage others to do the therapy and give it your all to try to walk again, but for me I decided the wheelchair would be for me. I feel so much better without the stress. I have fewer down days. I would like to thank everyone here that was so supportive when I first came to this site and while I was in therapy. I guess I stopped posting since I had stopped the therapy and didn't want to discourage others. I hope everyone is doing well. If someone could try to catch me up on what has been happening I would like that. Again thanks for everything.

Vince

This is a P.S.

On April 20th 2006 I received an award from the International Association of Rehabilitative Professionals, (IARP), for being the 2005 Outstanding Rehabilitation Participant. I was nominated by the vocational person in the railroad. Also two people from the Risk Management dept., who played a key role in handling my case, received an award. This was a very uplifting event and has helped me keep my spirits up.

Vince, welcome back! No need to stay away simply because you've decided the wheelchair best fits your situation! I firmly believe that we all need to do whatever it takes, and use whatever aids are necessary to give us the quality of life we want! I use EVERYTHING at my disposal -- from "no aids at all" (aside from my prosthesis, that is) to cane, to crutches, to walker, to wheelchair -- depending on the demands of the day and the state of my body. It's ALL good, if it allows you to live a good life!

If anyone would understand that, it's the people here.

And congratulations on the award... that's a big deal!

Vince,

I haven't met you before - but it isn't called the prosthetiics forum -it is called the amputee forum. Stick with us.

JudyH

Good to hear from you, Vince. Whatever works best for you is what you should do. There are a lot of non-users out there who are getting on with life. All the best to you.

As alwats I missed it....However it took to long to find you guys to leave now

I AM PRESENT

Pattilyn