• walking
    • gym
    • Bike riding
    • yoga
    • aerobics
    • philates
    • other

Hi Everyone,

I have used velcro straps to hold my foot on a rowing machine foot base. I found just using the machines regular foot strap alone wasn't enough to keep my foot in place.

My gym has a great machine called a "Arc Trainer". I describe it as a cross between an elliptical and a cross country machine. The foot pedal has a toe solid cover that seems to be just enough to help me keep my foot on the pedal. Time, practice and strengthening butt muscles has made this my favorite torture devise. The treadmill is another good conditioning machine. Swimming feels great too!

I hit some tennis balls yesterday for the first time in seven years. It was fun to be on the court again but I shouldn't plan to give up on my day job.

Via a gym friend I have learned that Loon Ski Area (Lincoln NH) adaptive program is completely free. They provide the equipment, lessons and ticket at no charge. I plan to see if some of the areas closer to me offer the same perks. I can't wait for winter to come now.

I use to go to the gym...will return once I am healed up and ready to get back to it. I just had a bk amp. I love the gym and I also have exercise videos at home I do...tae bo, step etc...I also enjoy using my exercise bike. That works firms up the butt and legs. I just need to do lots of weights. Looking forward to working out again.

Hi Everyone

I am wondering if anyone out there has tried Zumba?

I am interested in getting into some more exercise other than walking. I have been using my cross trainer and am slowly getting used to it.

I would really like to try Zumba. I feel I would not be able to keep up but reckon it might be fun trying!!

Loz

Hi Everyone

I am wondering if anyone out there has tried Zumba?

I am interested in getting into some more exercise other than walking. I have been using my cross trainer and am slowly getting used to it.

I would really like to try Zumba. I feel I would not be able to keep up but reckon it might be fun trying!!

Loz

'Loz' I can see no reason why U can't try Zumba...its dancing isn't it? As long as U~R moving you're working out. U may not be able to keep up @ first, but U will do fine. Go for it Lady. :happy: