Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JohnnyV

Johnny V joins Amputees Across America in OK & TX

July 2nd - Johnny arrives in Oklahoma City. Joe Sapere picks him up at the airport. Johnny needs to rest up to get ready to ride in the morning. :blush:

July 3rd - Journal

July 4th - Journal

July 5th - Journal

July 6th - Journal

July 7th - Journal

July 8th - Journal

July 9th - Journal

July 10th Journal - Johnny returns back to reality. Amputees Across America have to continue the rest of the journey without him. :unsure:

Thanks for sharing that JV. The journal was an awesome read :D

Great read Johnny. What did you have wrapped around your leg. It looks like newspapers in the pics.

Thanks for sharing your incredible experience with us. I see you ran into Debbie.

Great read Johnny. What did you have wrapped around your leg. It looks like newspapers in the pics.
Glad that you all enjoyed the read.

Neal - I am wearing Sleeve Art by Freds Legs over my leg. This is the pattern and it is called music. music.jpg

Thanks for sharing your incredible experience with us. I see you ran into Debbie.

Marcia - Yes, I was very fortunate to run into both Debbie and HipHop, who were there representing the Dallas Amputee Network (DAN). What a real treat that was for me, bumping into members of our forum who I had already gotten to meet before at past ACA conventions. Debbie had her beautiful children with her, which was an added extra treat.

That looks like so much fun! So they've been doing this every year for the past few years? Maybe I should set a goal for myself. <_< How does one get involved in this trip?

What a fabulous experience?! B)

Your journal was great to read, Johnny! Thanks for sharing. :D

Lizzie :)

Johnny, I was reading this journal courtesy of Ron (who was with you on this trip, I think?!). And I kept running across "Johnny V" -- I knew it had to be you! Soooo cool!

That looks like so much fun! So they've been doing this every year for the past few years? Maybe I should set a goal for myself. <_< How does one get involved in this trip?

Jen,

Contact Joe Sapere through his web site:

http://www.amputeesacrossamerica.com/

Johnny, I was reading this journal courtesy of Ron (who was with you on this trip, I think?!). And I kept running across "Johnny V" -- I knew it had to be you! Soooo cool!
Marilyn,

Ron is good people, and he was in fact another guest rider the same week. It was a real pleasure having the opportunity to get to know as well as riding with him. That goes for the other riders as well.

Johnny-

It was so great getting to see you again when you "rode into town". I knew I was getting to see my friend Ron, but what a surprise to see my new friend from NY!! You all really make a difference by visiting all the rehab patients along the way. And I really enjoyed your speech. Hope you have recouped from the trip. You did a wonderful thing!

and Marcia...I cannot believe you recognized me in that photo! I actually was in the local paper front page yesterday from being at that event. While the riders were giving speeches, I was sitting on the ground giving the baby a bottle and my 7 year old was leaning on my prosthesis. It was a neat shot. It had a huge caption that said "They can't remove the love" meaning they removed the leg, not the love (which is so true and a good thing for all amputees to remember!!) I thought it was very sweet and unexpected!

Congrats again Johnny for your accomplishment-

Debbie

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to see that picture. Maybe there's a link for the newspaper.

I had to go back and take a second look at all the pics to find Debbie. The hair gave you away Debbie.

Johnny

Thanks for sharing. It looks like an awesome adventure with some very humorous folk. The pics were wonderful and the text has had me giggling.

Congratulations you continue to be an inspiration to us all.

Debbie

I recognised you straight away. The hair & gorgeous figure gave you away.

Would love to see the link to that pic.

Muchly

Great job, Johnny! The journals were a hilarious read, very well done! Looks like it was a fun adventure, while doing others good along your way. Thank you for sharing with us!

Love,

Cheri

Wow, Johnny! Bravo!!!!

I am just now catching up on some of the posts, and I so enjoyed reading your journals. Very entertaining stuff! And your AK riding buddy is a real inspiration to me, personally! I hope to be able to ride bikes with my kids when I have fully recovered, and he gives me hope that I will be able to do that! Unfortunately, all my previous attempts at riding have been like Jen's.....funniest video material! :lol:

Thanks so much for sharing your journey!

XO

Karen

AKA

Orlando, Florida