Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Stephen

Push Bikes,Folding Bikes,Electric Pedal Assist Bikes

does anybody use any which is on here? any of the the following.... Push Bikes,Folding Bikes,Electric pedal assist bikes

i can use a push bike with a toe clip on my bad leg... due to my area it has hills and it limits me where to go also i run out of steam quickly so therefor i dont go on my bike much

i was wondering if anybody uses a electric push bike? does it help? did you have a motor put on your push bike? or did you buy the whole bike in one?

2ndly has anybody gone and got a folding bike at all? with the intention of taking it in the car and find flat areas to ride on? do you still do it? or is it a novalty which wheres off?

sorry to ask all this i am just curious................as i am at a crossroads at either getting a motor for my bike or getting a folding bike

I ride a trike. Can gear down and creep along and get over the hills in my area. I was out riding one day and a fellow on a folding bike caught up with me to check out the trike. He was an over the road truck driver and he takes his folding bike along with him to use in whatever town he spends the night. Said he had been using it for a couple of years now.

It looked a little small to me, but he kept up with me easy enough, or I kept up with him. :D

-Bill

I don't use any of the bikes you mentioned, but I rembered seeing this and thought it may be of interest to you. :)

http://www.whizzermotorbike.com/index.html

they look sick!! cant see any Uk dealers :( i bet they cost an arm and a leg :D 2ndly knowing Uk law it be tax and mot etc.... i think i stick with a folding or electric motor option........so far one trike... i be honest i think trike is a good idea but i have a motorbike/trike and i dont want a push bike trike..people think i have gone triking mad :D mind you much more easy to ride then a bike

i ride a trike. great because you can stop and dont have to put your feet down. mine is a three speed. i have gave it a two color paint job( yellow/blue) with pin striping on the yellow.

i ride a trike. great because you can stop and dont have to put your feet down. mine is a three speed. i have gave it a two color paint job( yellow/blue) with pin striping on the yellow.

yeah that is a big bonus about stoping maybe i meight re think myself

What kind of trike do you have? I've been looking at them but haven't found one that I really like yet. Well, I did find one that I'm kind of interested in but I'm not sure. I would really like one that looks a bit sporty but they don't seem to be made that way. :glare:

ok today i got a electric bike as i was finding my push bike what i got recently was too much for me :angry: (but i am sure i be on it by next summer)

anyway back to my electric push bike

i got a low frame due to swinging my leg over and i sat on it (i was wow this feels nice) i straped my foot in, and went down my road and after a couple of seconds i put the power on and i was like "yes yes" its moving me!! anyway cut a long story short i just went round my town with ease! and i had the choice to pedal or not..this is the furthest i have ever been without a car or my rover v8 trike

anybody which is like me? too weak for a normal bike? please think of one of these!! as its brilliant

I paid £310 via e-bay with an offer, i was lucky as i live in Kent i collected it so saved postage as well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Adults-Unisex-AL...1QQcmdZViewItem

deffo worth a look i would say! i took the mudguards and other bits to make it look a bit more of looker :)

ligh1bv0.jpg

it looks much better then the pic i would say

I did look into these, but decided it would make me lazy. My mountain bike was a real effort when I first started 3 months ago, but last weekend I did 10 miles with half of that offroad :)

It is great to get out on your own though with no car, and also with that even if you do run out of power you can still pedal, think they are a great idea, just don't get lazy keep pedaling whenever you can ;)

I did look into these, but decided it would make me lazy. My mountain bike was a real effort when I first started 3 months ago, but last weekend I did 10 miles with half of that offroad :)

It is great to get out on your own though with no car, and also with that even if you do run out of power you can still pedal, think they are a great idea, just don't get lazy keep pedaling whenever you can ;)

yeah i know what you mean on being lazy but at this stage its getting me out when i couldnt

but 100% with you that once i get to a leval of fitness i will switch to none electric style which i have

this has given me a big boot up the a@se to get me fit

i was on it 3 times today and i wouldnt have done nothing much as my leg is useless to try and walk any distances due to sores it couses

anyway enougth of the lows, the bike is a real high :)

wow that is good going in 3 mths!! 10 miles

i was a good bike rider years ago before the dreaded accident :(

one summer in 1992or 1993 i went from folkestone Kent to Rye East Sussex and back on my mountain bike

mind you i was 19teen i think

must be 50-60 miles round trip and its very falt to be honest as well

if i can get back to what i did then? over the next 3 years training? i be over the moon and prove that i can do it

I know what you mean about the high it gives you, I was in a wheelchair then onc rutches for 2-3 years after my accident and I got close to just giving up when I went and bought a sinclair c5 and started going out on my own again. It gives you such a pickup to get out and about on your own with no car and noone helping you around.

I'd forgotten that feeling till I got the mountain bike 3 months ago, I like to get out really early just as the suns coming up with the mist around on the lake...god it's such a buzz :)

Glad you got your kick up the backside, keep it up it will be well worth it, both mentally and physically.

Once you do started using the legs some more do read some of the threads on here covering tricks/tips and extra's you can buy to help you pedal.

I know what you mean about the high it gives you, I was in a wheelchair then onc rutches for 2-3 years after my accident and I got close to just giving up when I went and bought a sinclair c5 and started going out on my own again. It gives you such a pickup to get out and about on your own with no car and noone helping you around.

I'd forgotten that feeling till I got the mountain bike 3 months ago, I like to get out really early just as the suns coming up with the mist around on the lake...god it's such a buzz :)

Glad you got your kick up the backside, keep it up it will be well worth it, both mentally and physically.

Once you do started using the legs some more do read some of the threads on here covering tricks/tips and extra's you can buy to help you pedal.

will do!!

i look for the tips and tricks now

BTW, sign yourself up to www.whatmtb.com forums. The guys are really helpfull and helped me loads and indeed still are :)