Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Lizzie2

Does anyone live near Junction City?

Hi Everyone

I have a friend who had a BK amputation about 9 months ago, he's recently had a hip replacement and he also has spina bifida. Understandably, he's having one or two problems with rehab.

To my knowledge, he's currently not in touch with any other amp apart from myself. I have suggested, several times, that he joins one of the amputee support forums, but he hasn't seemed too keen in joining one. Recently, I asked him if he were a member of a local amputee support group and he said he wasn't & that he wasn't aware of one near him.

So, with his permission, I'm now asking if anyone here knows of an amputee support group that is either in or within easy travelling distance of Junction City, Kansas, US. If you do, please could you send me a PM or email?

Many thanks

Lizzie :)

Oh, come on! :( A few of you have read this posting...surely someone here knows of someone who lives around the Junction City area? :rolleyes:

He's a very independent bloke: A house husband who looks after 3 lively young daughters...he's also completed a kitchen refit since he's had his amp. He just needs some amp support, that's nearer than the UK. :)

I read it Lizzie but no help sorry

Oh, thanks, Cat! :D

I think I may have just (only just) found a useful contact...

...but, I could always do with more! :)

Hi Lizzie. Junction City, KS is about 270 miles from me, (Joplin, MO). Straight East of there is Overland Park, KS. About 130 miles, just outside Kansas City, KS and MO. I spoke there once at their support group. Very active and a good group of people.

If it would help, I would be glad to get a few names and phone numbers from that group and pass them on to you. Just email me and let me know.

Sue,

The ACA has listed the following on their web site for Kansas:

Kansas City

L.E.A.P.S.

Wichita

Amputee Support Group -

Lady of Lourdes Campus

Have the person contact Susan Tipton at the ACA by phone at 888-267-5669 so that she can provide additional contact information.

Thank you.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been experiencing one or two technical hitches - PC problems. :(

Good news is that everything's mended now! :)

Jim - thanks very much, I'll be in contact.

Johnny - I've already suggested the ACA to him & he's actually waiting to hear back from them. I'll pass the info on to him anyway. Thanks.