Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
monopod

Introductions

Hello. I'm new to Forum activity, but have been LBK for ten years as today. ( Pure coincidence.) I lost my "bit" due to long-term effects from an accident at work. I call myself monopod, ( interested in photography, you see !)

It would appear from my recent postings elsewhere, that I have much to learn regarding communicating by text, most of all, etiquette and manners. ( Some of you will know what I am talking about.) I don't know if I will have anything of value to add to your Forum, but after reading some postings, I am learning humility. Please excuse me if I "lurk" for a while, and absorb the other points of view. I'm not yet sure whether mine are relevant. <_<

Hi Monopod-welcome to the forum

Mel.

Thanks Mel. I've got relatives somewhere in Oz. Are you really upside-down? ;)

G'day Monopod welcome.

Yes Mel is always upside down :P

Cat

G'day Monopod welcome.

Yes Mel is always upside down :P

Cat

Hello Cat. Thank you both for you Antipodean welcome. :D

Thanks Lizzie. I am thoroughly chastened, and now on my best behaviour. ;)

Hello Monopod! :D Welcome to the forum. With ten years of experience, I'm sure you'll have plenty to contribute! :) Glad you found your way here.

Hey, Monopod! Glad you found your way here! Don't worry, it's not always so contentious! :P

We're generally a peaceful sort, and just want to share our experiences and tips!

Welcome Monopod. Neal here from Oklahoma. Chime in whenever you feel. With 10 years experience, you'll have something to offer.

Hi Monopod! RBK from North Dakota here to welcome you.

Carol

Hi, Monopod... you're really starting to get around! This is another really nice group of people... and your sense of humor is going to fit right in!

take care... cherylm

Hi Monopod, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll have lots to offer. We need all the help we can get :P

Welcome monopod,

I'm sure that with the experience that you have, you will have things to contribute.....surely you have learned a few tricks along the way.....

Grab your coffee, pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.....

Higgy

LBK - 2002

:o Gosh, I'm overcome. Hello Shane, hi Paul, hello Marilyn, hello Anne, ( I live in Lincolnshire, but originate from Derbyshire.) Hello Neal, hi Carol, ( not Wells Fargo??) Hi again Gil ( yet another G.Davis-haha!) Hello Cheryl m'dear, ( It's humoUr Cheryl, humoUr! :D ) and hi Marcia. Phew.Hi Higgy, and hello Insane(?).

Thanks for the warm reception, and thank (God) in the form of the professional Body that I used to be a member of that fixed me up with this computer.

I was told that it would be a "life changer", and that was no exaggeration. I used to be accused of always "jumping in with both feet", now it's only one. Lets see if I can keep out of trouble long-term.

Thank you all for the welcome. :) Glyn. ( Hope I didn't miss anyone out!!)

I knew that I'd get mixed up Paul (Insane.) same person? I searched all over for a caricature of Long John Silver too !! tatty bye for now.

Guest bearlover

Hi! we have spoken on the board before..But Hi and welcome!! LBK too! Due to a congential Birth defect ;)

Hi Monopod

What part of Lincolnshire are you from. I live in Crowland which between Spalding and Peterborough, so the South of the county.

Hi JenH, hi bearlover, thanks for your welcome.

Hello Anne. I live in Grimsby (for my sins). I came here as a career move in 1987. I had an accident at work in 1992, lost job and tied house in 1994, and had the amp. in 1996.

Then real life began!! <_<

Welcome Monopod :blink:

I know you will enjoy this forum...Everyone is friendly, warm and extremely helpful.

I am fairly new here and have already benefitted from the advice I received.

I am a RBK amp since 8/2001 and it has been a real experience, this new life. Strangely enough...I don't think it's so bad.

Once again I welcome you and look forward to your input

Pattilyn :)

Hi Pattilyn. I'm having to get used to "double" names, difficult when I've only got the memory span of a nematode worm.

Thanks for your welcome, I shall look forward to chatting with you. :)