Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pat.UK.

I wonder if this site will survive?.

Hi

I wonder if this site will survive? After the break up of our patrons.

I hope it does it would be a shame for it to fold.

It was only a thought you read so much and hear report's what's going on.

I think it's there business and nobody else's the paper's are having a field day at the moment.

I just hope that it's sorted out quickly and nobody gets hurt.

Pat.

Hi Pat....you kind of lost me with this post. Can you elaborate for me? I drifted off when you started to talk about papers, and field day....

Thanks,

Ally

:)

Ally, Pat is referring to the impending Mills/McCartney breakup with its attendant intense press coverage. Will that mean the end of the HMM website and this forum?

Pat--I could be wrong, but I think the site will survive. As I've said before, this forum is a part of the larger Heather Mills website, which is dedicated to the promotion of Ms. Mills and her causes. Whether the website continues depends on the degree of celebrity Ms. Mill retains after the divorce, and I don't think there's any question she'll remain in the public eye indefinately, whether of her own volition or not. I also doubt that financial considerations will be a problem.

I think her history shows she has an intense dedication to the issues she espouses that is not dependent on Paul's presence, and she certainly knows how to promote her causes (that's not meant in any derogatory way, it's simply clear that she knows how to use publicity). A website, presumably including this forum, is part of what celebrities use these days to stay inm the public eye.

Again, I could be wrong but I just don't see her retreating behind a moat and telling the world to buzz off.

Ah, sorry about that. There's been no coverage of that here in South Africa.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

A little bird told me....... this forum will continue even without Heather. That is good news for us.

I'm also inclined to think the forum will continue, in one form or another, with or without the Mills or McCartney connection... although I do admit that the thought crossed my mind when news of the breakup first surfaced in the press.

This may be an "open mouth/insert foot" moment for me, but here goes...

It occurs to me that some of the forum's recent "personality clashes" began at the same time the McCartney's marriage foundered. Could anxiety about "our" future have exacerbated the conflicts? (Please don't anyone start slinging mud here!) It seems possible to me... sort of a psychological "letting go" before we found ourselves "let go." If so, I hope we've all worked through that and know that we CAN trust each other again!

Okay... I'm backing off now... just seemed possible to me, and something "actual" we could remember to keep us "on track" as we seem to be once more!

Thanks for the "official" reassurance, Johnny!

Hi

It was question I needed to ask I really like this site and wouldn't want to see it fold.

I was a fan of Paul a long time before I had ever heard of Heather I see him when I was a Teenager at a Beatles concert 43 years ago O my God that long ago.

I only hope that it work's out for both of them and there young child.

Pat.