Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rikk

Anyone Live in Wiltshire?

Just need some advice.

I'm looking at moving somewhere near Salisbury sometime in the near future and looking for comments on services/support/general area/good, bad etc

I want to move to a smallish village where I can feel part of something and say hello in the morning and have a chat, also after a spending a long weekend greenlaning on the plain I want more.

No idea what I'll do for a job yet, but between my photography and IT I skills I should be able to keep the wolf from the door :)

Cheers

Hi Rikk, I don't directly live in Salisbury but I do go into the City once a month with my work. The city itself is a very pretty city but very busy. The centre itself is very easy to get around as a pedestrian as It's not that big. All the main high street chains are there, with the usual ones on the outskirts. The buses I believe are very good and frequent. They do offer a brand new park and ride scheme. The surrounding villages are once again quite pretty, with Wilton and Amesbury being the closest.

As for the prosthectics care I don't know. I think Bournemouth would probably be the nearest as I don't think Salisbury has one. Of course you would not be too far away from Dorset Ortho if that was an option.

Hope this helps a little.

MIke.

hi

i live in chippenham wilts, but am actually in oxford for my treatment. Which area were you looking at? maybe i can ask around for you?

i will be out of the country for a week from tuesday, but if you send me a PM and let me know your requirements, i will be online sometimes from spain, i can check for emails from there, maybe i will be able to help you?

takecare

Terri ;)

Thanks for the replies, I didn't really intend asking about services for amputees it's more along the lines of how is the area in general..much crime, people nice, general quality of council services etc.

I only go to the proth every couple of years so travelling isn't an issue in fact I'll probably carry on at the one I go to in Essex for all the major stuff and go locally for tweaks.

So to sum up, how do you like living in Wiltshire..whats good, whats bad :)

Hi Rikk

I live in Dorset not far from the Wilts boder and was born in Wiltshire, sailsbury is a nice market town and has a good range of shops, generally the area is made up of small villages, house prices can be quite steep depending on what you are looking for, but the whole area is very rural. As Sailsbury is close to both Dorset/hampshire you will have the best of everything with the coast being about 30 miles away, Bournemouth and Southampton about 25-30 miles, the new forest 15 miles etc. Try this site it may help you

cheers neil

www.thisissalisbury.co.uk/

:D

Sorry for the time getting a reply back but been away offroading 8)

Thanks for the info, been looking at house prices and can get something suitable for about 150-180k only me so don't need anything big.

Need to start looking at jobs and seeing whats around, have to see internally if we have anything out that way, would be fab to get them to pay all the moving expenses :)