Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sue1

Navigator foot

I am being given a navigator foot on the limb they are currently making for me and wondered if anyone has any experience of this?

Thanks

Sue

Guest bearlover

Hi Sue, I hope you will get some anwsers soon. I have been a amputee for 3 years now and Iam not aware of the Navigator foot. But it sounds intresting to me! :)

I am being given a navigator foot on the limb they are currently making for me and wondered if anyone has any experience of this?

Thanks

Sue

I just realized reading your question that I have no idea what kind of foot I have. I only know that my spare leg has a cheaper foot that won't last as long and my good leg has a rather expensive foot that will last a long time. Maybe I am wrong (probably) but I have so much confidence in my prosthetist that I assume he will give me what I need. mI mguessm I will ask him.

JudyH

Speaking of feet, I'm interested in the Silhouette. Does anyone have any experience with that one?

hi all

have not been able to come on here recently, things have gone really mad since i lost my leg last year! i was in scotland first in oct 06, adventure training week, white water rafting, high rope quad biking and loads ,more that i never thought i would be able to do, and this year i have been ski bobbin! great fun. was going to post some photos, but being technical minded..... not! i couldnt work it out!

i was just reading through this thread and wondered if anyone has tried the navigator foot since? i had one fitted on monday? anyones thoughts would be appreciated.

take care all

keep smiling

Terri x

hi all

have not been able to come on here recently, things have gone really mad since i lost my leg last year! i was in scotland first in oct 06, adventure training week, white water rafting, high rope quad biking and loads ,more that i never thought i would be able to do, and this year i have been ski bobbin! great fun. was going to post some photos, but being technical minded..... not! i couldnt work it out!

i was just reading through this thread and wondered if anyone has tried the navigator foot since? i had one fitted on monday? anyones thoughts would be appreciated.

take care all

keep smiling

Terri x

NHS must have got a job lot of navigator feet of the back of a truck. I'm getting some This Friday. Like Paul, I imagined they would be packed with the latest Sat Nav wizardry, I was very disapointed when I found out they weren't. :D

I will be getting a lecture from Blatchfords tomorrow (they seem to be selling the foot in the UK). I will let you know what I think of it but it looks pretty good from the web site.

I will be getting a lecture from Blatchfords tomorrow (they seem to be selling the foot in the UK). I will let you know what I think of it but it looks pretty good from the web site.

It's made by Blatchford who design, develop and manufacture the ENDOLITE range.

It's made by Blatchford who design, develop and manufacture the ENDOLITE range.

Oneblueleg, you can't leave it there. You must have some knowledge of the foot that would be of interest to those of us that are about to have them. :)

This seems like a really good foot, lots of motion and a lot of money has been put into developing it. I must say as well, Blatchfords have the customer relations sorted, they were very impressive today in their lecture to us.

Ali, got my new Navigator feet today, Wow! what a difference. I wore them for about hour and half while they tweaked everything then my leg girl told me to put my old legs back on - I could hardly walk in them. I feel a lot more confident walking on slopes, climbing stairs and I am walking faster.

If you want the technical reason why they feel so good it is because the ankle can plantarflex (point the toes) to 12deg. Normal walking has 15deg so this is pretty close to normal walking and so you use less energy when walking on them. Hope you enjoy those bad boys Mark :D

I've had my navigator foot for about 9 months now and wear it for training and during the day if I am not working and don;t have to look nice (I can only wear flat trainers with it not heeled shoes). I have to admit I have increasingly found that my 'everyday' leg feels uncomfortable and I am glad when I can wear my 'sports' leg.

I guess you have now supplied the reason why - it is flexing as I walk and is making it easy for me. The only downside is I couldn;t wear it for the beach run because I couldn't risk getting water in to the gap at the ankle (there is no covering over this bit as the original one kept ripping and my prosthetist felt that the only suggestion was to cut it neatly to get round the problem of how much stress I was putting on it). Now if they could only make a waterproof version that also took high heels.......................... :D :D

Sue