Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Byteme12

Me and my Jeep

Kodakgallery.comBeasley8-27-06.jpg

Kodakgallery.comBeasley28-27-06.jpg

Howdy. Just thought I'd let you see what I've been up to.

Went off-roading a few weeks ago in Northern Georgia. Had a good time. I think a few people were surprised to see not only a newer Jeep, but someone in a wheelchair. Going to go again in Oct. My wife went this time and may go again. Hope everyone is doing well.

Looks like alot of fun! :D

Waaaay cool!

I've got to try that!

Roz. :)

I'm out offroading every other weekend and love it, I do a mixture of greenlaning and going to pay n play sites. I find it's great to actually be able to get out into the countryside.

I'm glad you've got the bug and are enjoying it so much :)

Now you need some 31 inch mud terrain tyres, 3.5 inch lift, front and back dif locks and....ohh there's loads :) BTW there is a site in the US just for people offroading Grand cherokees www.nagca.com you'l find them pretty decent and have loads of advice if you do decide to add a few little extra's ;)

Here's my two latest outings, all Jeeps as well :)

http://rikk.smugmug.com/gallery/1879148

http://rikk.smugmug.com/gallery/1901147

Great pics!! Is that a regular off-road area or is it just out in the countryside? Not many places near where I live to go. Everything is at least 2-4 hours away or in another state. I already have a 2"BB, 245/75/16 Revos, JKS discos, skids, Addco rear sway bar and Hyjacker shocks. Can't raise it any higher as I get in and out the back of the Jeep and any higher I may have trouble getting in. Its also my daily driver. I found it did really good off-road. I did a ton of research before I did anything to it. I think I've visited almost every website that has anything to do with off-roading and Jeeps. There are more pics at the NAGCA website of the trip. Its under other 4X4. It was a Breast Cancer ride and we raised over $1,500.00. When I go again I'll get some more pics and let you know. Thanks for the pics!!!

Every year, the series I race in has a race at Superlift ORV Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I know it's a long trip, but they have a nice camp area, tons of jeep trails, and the the Hot Springs area is awesome. I think the park is open year round and trails are marked for different levels of difficulty. From "stock 4X4" to "minimum 36 inch tires, lockers front and rear, and no regard for body panels." :unsure: :lol:

Which one was yours??

This is my little baby :-

47858807-M.jpg

31 inch Procomp X-terrain tyres with crager soft 8 wheels, 3.5 inch Rubicon Express lift, regeared to 4.10 and Detroit trutrak torque lsd's front and back. Will go over or through pretty much anything and cruise at 80mph on the motorways all day with ease...love it :)

The two sites in those link are both specific offroad sites which I find great fun for trying things in different ways and seeing how the vehicle reacts.

Most of the time I do greenlaning which is just driving old disused country roads all overgrown, rutted and very muddy, like these :-

47859145-M.jpg

47859155-M.jpg

Just picked a video camera up as well so I can play around doing things like this :-

http://rikk.smugmug.com/gallery/1913975/1/97292881

Can't find the area on nagca where the other photo's of your trip are, do you have a link?

Heard of Superlift from other forums and their website, but not sure I'll ever get out that way. Thanks for the posts.

Every year, the series I race in has a race at Superlift ORV Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I know it's a long trip, but they have a nice camp area, tons of jeep trails, and the the Hot Springs area is awesome. I think the park is open year round and trails are marked for different levels of difficulty. From "stock 4X4" to "minimum 36 inch tires, lockers front and rear, and no regard for body panels." :huh: :lol:

Well its been a while since I've been here. :blush:

Still working at the railroad, but I may retire end of this year. My wife and I would like to do some traveling while I can.

Still off-roading and have done some more work on the Jeep. 4" lift and a new bumper with a winch.

812487509307_0_ALB.jpg

Still getting around in my chair. Had my yearly physical and all is well.

Not much else happening in my life. Hope all is well with everyone. :smile:

Y'all need to get to Moab, UT and see what your trucks will do there. I drive a full sized blazer with a lift and front and rear lockers. The scenery is beautiful and it has some of the toughest trails.

post-2533-1253041610_thumb.jpg

Y'all need to get to Moab, UT and see what your trucks will do there. I drive a full sized blazer with a lift and front and rear lockers. The scenery is beautiful and it has some of the toughest trails.

A couple of the guys in our club go out there every year. One trailers his Jeep. Once I retire I plan to try to get out there. For now I have to settle with GA, TN, & AL for offroading.