Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Dave 06

prison

I was just wondering.......If you go to prison, do you get to keep you prosthetic??? No, I dont plan on going. Just crossed my mind watching a show about prisons.

Sorry Dave. I know things :unsure: Just not that one - and don't plan on doing any research. B) B)

At the very least, this guy won't get to keep his leg. :)

Sep 28, 11:41 PM EDT

Police Find Meth in Man's Prosthetic Leg

JAY, Okla. (AP) -- Sheriff's deputies have arrested a Grove man on drug charges after finding crystal methamphetamine inside his prosthetic leg. Larry Clinton Harper, 64, was arrested at his business, Harper's Used Cars and Body Shop, last week.

During a search, deputies found drugs inside a sock-like covering inside Harper's prosthetic leg, said Delaware County Sheriff's Capt. Larry Barnett.

"They just tumbled out, and he just laughed," Barnett said. "He said he thought he was pulling the wool over our eyes, but we had the last laugh."

The arrest followed successful drug buys from Harper's business, Barnett

--Bill

I was counting on you Jim to know this. :P See, theres always something to learn. ;) Thanks Bill for the article. :) Still looking for an answer.......Dave

Guest bearlover

I would hope so..How would a amputee get around? Hmmmm, I never thought of that one! ;)

I would hope so..How would a amputee get around? Hmmmm, I never thought of that one! ;)

I would imagine that a prosthetic leg is the least of the worries in a prison. From what I hear, the people there (guards) are pretty good at "body searches", leaving no cavity uninspected. A prosthesis should be easy to check out. If not, then the airports are really in trouble.

An interesting question.

It pays to do your "homework" Dave. :D :D One never knows. :lol:

I doubt very seriously if prosthetic legs are provided or allowed in prison. Reason being to provide a leg costs the taxpayer thousands where a cheap alternative is a wheelchair. Prison = no luxuries and surrendering your rights.

Just my 2c/p

:)

I doubt very seriously if prosthetic legs are provided or allowed in prison. Reason being to provide a leg costs the taxpayer thousands where a cheap alternative is a wheelchair. Prison = no luxuries and surrendering your rights.

Just my 2c/p

:)

From what I understand, people who are in prison do get to keep and wear their limbs, and also get appointments at limb centres, like they get appointments at other mainstream hospital departments.

I live very near to a prison, and when visiting my local hospital, it is not unusual to see people from the prison waiting for an appointment, generally handcuffed to a prison officer.

I once saw a special report on a convicted killer. He lost his leg in the police pursuit. He was wearing an artificial leg during the interview. It showed him without a leg and on crutches during his trial. That means that his leg was bought and paid by our nice tax dollars.

I once saw a special report on a convicted killer. He lost his leg in the police pursuit. He was wearing an artificial leg during the interview. It showed him without a leg and on crutches during his trial. That means that his leg was bought and paid by our nice tax dollars.

Hi Neal

I suppose it would have been, but then how you feel about that depends on what you view to be the function of prison.

Ann

Hi

At my local limb centre there was a man in a wheelchair no leg's handcuffed to a prison officer waiting to go in for a check up his Prosthetic;s were in a plastic bag.

If he wore them in prison I dont know but this guy was smiling at everybody and looking at his hand cuff's and laughing he was very friendly but he wasn't allowed to talk to anybody and when somebody spoke to him the officer moved him to the other end of the room.

This guy had no chance of getting away.

Pat.

This guy had no chance of getting away.

Pat.

he!he! so he couldnt leg it then? :D

to be honest these days its easy to get banged up for silly things! i could imagine the limb center i go must have hm clients as there is like 5 to 6 prisons in a 30 miles radius around Gillingham Kent

California has better health care for prisoners than the general public has. No monthly payments, no deductible and no expense spared. Organ transplants are not unusual.

California has better health care for prisoners than the general public has. No monthly payments, no deductible and no expense spared. Organ transplants are not unusual.

So there's the answer (if you live in California and need medical treatment not covered by insurance), rob a bank. If you get away with it you can afford the treatment and if you don't get away you get it for free (along with 5 to 10 years free rent and meals) at the minor price of you freedom.

Do you think they'd help me with a leg that I can run on????????

No?

Oh well, back to the drawing board