Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Running AK

Question for all AK's and BK's

Hi everyone,

If there was a mobility/running clinic that helped with your gait and stretching techniques and maybe teach you how to jog/run that came to a place close to you would you go?

You bet, in a heart beat.......

Bob Gailey gives a full day seminar at the ACA conferences. It is totally awesome. I have saw people who can barely walk try to run and succeed by the end of the day...Just ask Neal, Marie, Paula, and I know they attended a seminar as well.... I took it at the first conference that I ever attended and have sat in on them at each one since..

It really is a lesson in body mechanics and realizing what you need to do to make your body work.. I don't know about the UK, but here, if a person has a chance to attend one of his, I would highly recommend that anyone who could take it...

I do know, that a year or so ago, he gave some seminars in UK too......

Higgy

Yes, I'd go. I live 250 miles from a large metro area and would'nt drive that far but I might do 100.

Hi everyone,

If there was a mobility/running clinic that helped with your gait and stretching techniques and maybe teach you how to jog/run that came to a place close to you would you go?

That's actually something I'd love to run for others. I took part in one at the ACA conference and it was awesome to see people running who thought maybe those days were past.

I'd like to help others do the same thing :)

Yes, no question about it. How fabulous would that be?

I used to run alot in the military and always wanted to get back into it. Ive tried many times but I just cant get my momentum going. Either that or I think I need to adjust my feet or something I'm not sure.

So yes I would attend a seminar :D

The running clinic that Tammie refers to was awesome. I knew I could run again, but how? It didn't take long at all to learn. Bob Gailey knows the functionality of amputees and is well accredited to teach them how to achieve what they desire. I would travel a short distance to attend another one.

I'm asking the question because I have worked with Bob Gailey before doing different type of clinics for amputees and I'm trying to get him to do more. I love the look on someones face when they run for the first time. You can't get the smile off there face. I was at the last ACA Conference helping Bob out and had a great time.

I would go, most definitely.

I'm asking the question because I have worked with Bob Gailey before doing different type of clinics for amputees and I'm trying to get him to do more. I love the look on someones face when they run for the first time. You can't get the smile off there face. I was at the last ACA Conference helping Bob out and had a great time.

OK, give, which one were you.....

I'm sure that will answer one question for at least 4 people that I know of for sure... me, Marcia, Neal, and Cat..

I realize Bob is terribly busy, but, wouldn't it be awesome if he could give those seminars more often?

They really rock..

Blake, one of the things that Bob teaches is the fact that most amps think they have to take a longer stride to run in reality it is a shorter stride,(smaller step, if you will). His mantra in trying to run with a prosthesis, is reach out with it and then pull back............reach out, pull back, reach out, pull back..... right Marcia :)

I'm so glad when we were talking that she took the running clinic... She had one of the big smiles too......

Tammie

Tammie.....Mike is the one who was in the "Mountains" video. I remember seeing him at the conference and at the running clinic.

I hear it still.....reach out pull back reach out pull back.... :P I don't remember how it came up, but one day my 8 yo granddaughter said something about "nana can't run". I said, you wanna bet? And off I went thru the den. Reach out pull back reach out pull back....I'd love to attend that clinic again.

I'm in the process of trying to get a Silhouette foot and when I do - watch out world here I come! B)

Reach out pull back reach out pull back :P

post-813-1160086143_thumb.jpg

I can run sort of but very slowly and I am always terrified of falling so anything that could help with that would be wonderful. I have never heard of anything like that in UK.

Sue

Cat! is that you dancing in your avatar picture?? WOW !! :huh:

Nooooooo it's not me it's Marcia...running :)

Guest bearlover
I can run sort of but very slowly and I am always terrified of falling so anything that could help with that would be wonderful. I have never heard of anything like that in UK.

Sue

Hey I admire the fact that you can run! even if it is just a little!! Great!!! ;)

Cat! is that you dancing in your avatar picture?? WOW !! :huh:

Nooooooo it's not me it's Marcia...running :)

People do often get us confused.... B)

Dang tootin', I'd would !! :lol: :P

In fact, I'll just make it official. I will travel however many miles it is to the next ACA conference. :D :D