Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
raven

another newbie

Hi everyone

just said hi in the general forum instead of this one trust me .

Anyway my name is craig i live in durham i am married with two sons and i am going to have my lbk opp at the end of november.

I had a motorbike accident in 2002 and leg hasnt really improved since had 5 opps but nothing has helped .

So as the opp is getting closer i am feeling pretty nervous but have been visiting the forum for a while and reading what you all have wrote it is giving me hope that i can look forward to the future.

i would like to thank you all and hope i can be an active member on the site

Well i will keep you informed about my opp and no doubt ask loads off questions

raven

Hi Raven, and welcome to the forum.

My daughter also had a motorbike accident in August 2002, and had 46 operations before opting for amputation, although hers is AKA.

It is only 3 months since her surgery, and she is alking and off of all medication, so I hope yous is as successful.

<_< I'm following you around like a moth and a flame :P

Anyway - welcome again!

:)

Hi Raven, welcome to the forum.

This is the place for asking questions, venting, laughing, crying, whatever you feel, there will always be a response cos everyone is so supportive.

Keep us updated on how things are going.

My hubby is from Durham, Framwellgate, he moved down here to Chester in the 70's (never lost his lovely accent tho) :)

Guest bearlover

:) Hello Raven!! Welcome to the board!!! Happy you joined a great bunch of people!! :lol:

G'day Raven and welcome

Cat :)

Welcome, I lost my leg LBKA Jine 3rd, 2006 from a motorcycle accident on May 20th, 2006. Good luck, they are very helpful around here. I will be getting my Fatboy back next week, I hope to be back on it this year.

Skully Cat

Welcome to the forum Raven. Sorry to hear of the amputation but you sound as if you should fit right in with all of us.....

It sounds as if this forum is starting to lean heavily towards the biker bunch.. :D :) :P They are an awesome bunch of people and extremely helpful..

Anyway, welcome.

Higgy

Hi Craig, and welcome to our forum family.

Welcome, I'm a LBK - you will find everyone very friendly adn helpful on this iste.

Sue

Welcome Craig. I'm Neal from Oklahoma. I lost my left leg bk in April 2004.

Guest bearlover

Hey Creig, Just wanted to share that Iam a LBK as of 3 years now. Due to a bone infection from many operations due to a birth defect.. :) <_<

Hello Raven. Welcome to our little piece of the universe! :D I am a LAK after being hit by a truck while riding a motorcycle. Glad you could join us, but I'm sorry for the circumstances.

Hi Craig

I would first like to say welcome to the forum.

I like you had a motorbike accident in Aug 2002 and had my amputation in June of this year. Electing to have it amputated was quite possibly the hardest decision of my life but as soon as I came round from the op being pain free made it all worth it.

It is tough initially and quite frustrating but believe me when I say things soon progress quite quickly (or they did for me), and after only 3 months I am now up and walking around with my new leg and 1 walking stick (with a view to get rid of it within the next few wks).

My life has changed and I have had to make some changes to the way I do things but it hasn't stopped me doing anything I never did before.

I wish you all the best for your surgery and if I can be of any help to you just ask.

Hi Craig, and welcome!

I had an elective RBK 8 weeks ago, following a motorcycle accident 27 years ago. I can sympathise with the difficulty of your decision to have this amputation - my only other options were struggling on in pain or having my ankle fused, which would not have worked nearly as well as a modern prosthesis.

I'm hoping to get the OK from my surgeon next week for being fitted for my first leg, and I can't wait!

Don't worry about your forthcoming op - just keep busy, and before you know it you'll be home and working out how to keep yourself surrounded by food, beer, and the remote controls!

Do keep in touch - don't be afraid to ask anything, or sound-off about how you feel, and you'll get a chorus of replies - it's great here!

Very best wishes

Roz. :)

Hello all, I would just like to say thank you for all the hello,s and words of encouragement Ally i have read the posts from roz and have found them to be off great help and very informative a great attitude through all stages of her amputation and hopefully one which i can have myself .

Less than 8 weeks to go now i am back at pain management on the 20th they have put me on gabepentin but my liver function test has come back irregular but consultant want me to stay on them till after the opp for phanton limb pain will see what pain management team have to say.

again thanks everyone for words of encouragement .