Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mario260

crutches -what color???

My insurance pay new crutches for me every year, for permanent crutch user it’s not enough but it could be worse – I don’t make problem about that. I was in our local ortho shop today with all papers and prescription from my doctor to take new pair of crutches (finally because I have two crutch colapse this summer) but there was surprise. They only have horrible light green and pink crutches! :lol:

I try to explain that I’m on crutches 265 days per year and I don’t want that color- gray, blue, black, dark green is ok – but pink or light green :rolleyes: I want to ask them to give me one pink and other green crutch :P After 30 minutes they finally decided to give me what I want – young seller called her boss and after another 30 minutes I finally got my crutches – black and red combination – it’s not that bad :angry:

What color do you prefer? What compromise you would make in my situation. What do you think – am I right? :blink:

post-968-1160512604_thumb.jpg

It depends what your priorities are - mine would be getting from A to B, colour irrelevant. But if i HAD to choose , they would be purple. B)

I'm guessing from your screen name, Mario, that you're male... in which case, I see the point about the pink crutches! The red-and-black combination looks very sharp and "sporty!"

I just wish for crutches I can USE... I'm truly BAD with them, so it's prothesis, wheelchair, or walker for me, in about that order of preference. IF there were crutches I could use, and a color choice were available, I'd ideally like a sage green, with the "rubber bits" in a dusty lilac shade.

Might as well shoot for the moon!

:lol: That must have been a shocker for you Mario. Although light green might not have been too bad. Like Cheryl says - shoot for the moon.

But the red and black are really smart. Good choice.

B)

Crutches to me, are like to shoes to most other women, Mario! :rolleyes:

I currently have a lilac, a burgundy & a black pair. B)

Lizzie :)

PS A beautiful blue & an emerald green pair are on my Christmas wish list. :angry:

Guest bearlover
Crutches to me, are like to shoes to most other women, Mario! :huh:

I currently have a lilac, a burgundy & a black pair. B)

PS A beautiful blue & an emerald green pair are on my Christmas wish list. :unsure:

Iam jealous!!!!

I painted my crutches with a snake pattern when I was little. Granted they were wooden.

I like the classic black very stylish. I wonder can you have white crutches after labour day?

hey lizzie, have you already ordered the new colours? :unsure:

i use at the moment some with simple alu-color and black top...and wooden ergonomic grips.

i use the heavy weight version which makes me feel secure and do not collapse. they are made for my lenght...customized ;)

Mario dont blame you i wouldnt want pink crutches either but when you have to have them you would hope for a bit more choice in what colour is available i had brown ones but have just got some new light blue ones with the shaped palm grips.

Guest bearlover
hey lizzie, have you already ordered the new colours? :unsure:

No, not yet...are you offering, Thomas? :huh:

My husband spray paint mine..Purple but they get nicked easily :angry: