Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Pixy

Halloween

Halloween is fast approaching and for the first time in years i don't know what I want to be. I was hoping to do something that might encorpurate the leg into it but finding costumes for amputees isn't as easy as i thought.

I've done the pirate things many times, I was going to do it this year but eveyone and their dog is going to be a pirate this year..thanks to the popularity of the movie.

So what to be? What to be? any one have good costume Ideas?

The only ideas I have bouncing around in my head is: A barbie doll, a Greek statue witht he leg broken off, Some one with their leg being eaten by a shark. a borg or a robot like thingy with the knee showing, and thats all I got.

You could be the terminator but you would need to have guns coming out of your leg and all that then. Or you could be a pogo stick. I will rack my brains in the shower for you :D

I lost my leg in June, (1988), and spent months in a cast, and was just being fitted for a temporary leg by Halloween of that year. I was not able to walk on the leg alone yet, so I was relying heavily on my crutches. We went to a Halloween party, with me dressed as an accident victim - all wrapped in bandages, including my head, and around my "leg", and my wife as a nurse. Many there, who didn't know me, didn't know that it was for real.

One Halloween, after a motorcycle accident that cause Hubby to have some of his toes amputated, we wrapped him in all of the ace bandages that we had used over the months, making him into a mummy..... the bandages were sort of ratty anyway and he had the walk down perfectly,what with his limp.....

that's always something to consider too...

Higgy

Pixy, I LIKE the Greek Statue idea! Braid your hair up (or wig it), ivory colored catsuit for costume with matching hairspray/ pancake to cover any exposed hair/skin... paint on some darker "cracks" and "veins", and wear a single "gladiator" sandal (painted same ivory) and NO prosthesis. And -- if you're going out with your bf or other friends, would someone be able to push you around on a hand-truck/dolley, while you just stand there looking elegant and ancient?

A masochistic cannibal could be interesting, too............

If anything else pops to mind, I'll be back!

Guest bearlover

My Hubby thinks it would be funny to use my leg as a candy dish!! Greet the little ones with a leg full of candy in the socket :unsure: :o :P I don't think so!!! :lol:

If I were to put candy in my leg and offer it to kids it would be a health violation to be sure. Pretty stinky.

I'm leaning towards the stature. I'll post pics if I come up with something cool

Pixy, I LIKE the Greek Statue idea! Braid your hair up (or wig it), ivory colored catsuit for costume with matching hairspray/ pancake to cover any exposed hair/skin... paint on some darker "cracks" and "veins", and wear a single "gladiator" sandal (painted same ivory) and NO prosthesis. And -- if you're going out with your bf or other friends, would someone be able to push you around on a hand-truck/dolley, while you just stand there looking elegant and ancient?

A masochistic cannibal could be interesting, too............

If anything else pops to mind, I'll be back!

I'm beginning to get a bit worried about you, Cheryl...there's definitely a 'dark side' showing through of late. :o ;) Although, the Greek statue sounds a good idea, Pixy.

Lizzie :)

Have no fear, Lizzie... it surfaces in October, then it recedes and I go back to being perfectly harmless for the next 11 months!

It will all ve over soon.............................

So my daughter and I walked into a Hallween store and here is this isle where the costumes are for kids and there is a young teenager there asking me if he can help me. So I asked him if he had a pirate's pegleg. He took one look at me( I was wearing shorts) and he just stood there without a word to say with his mouth open. :o He finally mustered up a reply of ''I dont think so". I thanked him and left. My daughter was laughing her butt off. I'm really glad I can make her laugh at this. TRICK OR TREAT !!!!!! :D :D

Guest bearlover

Oh I have heard all the one leged jokes :lol: people get a kick out of it. A person steped om my foot and said oh iam so sorry. I said Don't be I did't feel it! I hear quite a lot of funny coments and jokes. But some-tiems enough if enough! :)

Um, how do you attach the third one? :rolleyes:

Um, how do you attach the third one? :rolleyes:

Suction? :blink:

I'm actually quite glad we don't do Hallowean here

Really?????????????

With your sense of humor and your oneryness.... I would of thought that you would of loved a day like this........then again............ no Neil and no escalators...................... :P :P

Cat, you are most definitely Halloween material :P