Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
wrjwrj

Pimp My Leg

B) B) B)

Amputee Gets Souped-Up, iPod-Outfitted Prosthesis

By Heather Greenaway

Sunday Mail

10/12/06 7:46 AM PT

"I feel I'm the human version of Inspector Gadget," said double amputee Ian Colquhoun, who persuaded doctors to "pimp his prosthesis" with a variety of technological gadgets. "The flashing lights are my favorite feature but I also like watching people's faces when I've set it to make explosion noises each time I take a step."

When it comes to security there is no such thing as good enough. That's why BlackBerry has the most widely security accredited wireless solutions in the world. Before choosing a wireless solution, visit www.blackberry.com/select/get_the_facts to get the facts on BlackBerry Business Solutions.

Double amputee Ian Colquhoun has speakers, an iPod, flashing lights and a pedometer fitted to one of his artificial legs.

Former forklift driver Ian, 28, persuaded doctors to "pimp his prosthesis" -- just like the cars in the MTV series "Pimp My Ride."

Ian, of Edinburgh, Scotland, has a burglar alarm fitted to the state-of-the-art limb. He can program the iPod to make a noise every time his foot hits the ground. Sound effects range from explosions to splashes when he steps in a puddle.

Good as It Gets?

He said, "I'm over the moon with my pimped-up leg. I never dreamed it would be this good.

"I feel I'm the human version of Inspector Gadget. The flashing lights are my favorite feature but I also like watching people's faces when I've set it to make explosion noises each time I take a step."

Ian replied to an advert for Channel 4 Science program "Men in White," hosted by Jem Stansfield, Dr. Adam Rutherford, and Dr. Basil Singer.

He said, "I e-mailed them asking if they fancied jazzing up my leg and I got an immediate reply."

Ian lost his limbs in December 2002 after robbers broke into a house in Ireland where he was at a party.

They beat him, torched the living room and left him for dead.

While he was unconscious in a hospital bed, Ian caught a rare strain of the MRSA superbug.

The infection meant he had to wait 16 months for his artificial legs to be fitted.

An Unusual Challenge

Ian went to London in February to get his bionic leg. Genetics guru Rutherford, robotics expert Singer and inventor Stansfield spent 12 hours creating the gizmo.

Singer said, "We felt Ian had given us a great challenge and we had fun thinking about all the technology we could include." Ian said: "If jazzing up my leg gives just one young amputee a giggle, I will be very happy."

Ian, who is writing an autobiography, has given lectures to medical students at Edinburgh's Queen Margaret University.

He has also been asked to join Amputees In Action, a company which supplies extras for movies.

© 2006 Sunday Mail. All rights reserved.

Just in time for Holloween :D

--Bill

I want my I pod put into my leg.

i want some one to pimp my leg.

I want my I pod put into my leg.

i want some one to pimp my leg.

:lol: :lol: you go GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!