Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Kaz

Calling out to all nutters

hi kaz

fair play to you! i have been getting nervous about my trip to scotland on wednesday (25th oct) i am adventure training (havent been since i was 18 years old and i had two legs then! now 37 years .....young!) with BLESMA, abseiling, white water rafting, canoeing, quad biking, fishing and clay pigeon shooting, but after reading your topic, i feel like i am going for a 'walk in the park!'

no useful hints here, but will read with interest any pointers from others, enjoy your trip!

keep smiling

Terri ;)

Lynne, yes, i've heard of tourists being robbed down there .. Unfortunateyl , this is happening more frequently :( . I hope she is ok now.

Terri, well fair play to you too!! I just saw in your profile that you are a recent amputee so your getting up and at 'em spirit is to be admired :) Good luck to you and please report how it went.

Thanks Kaz,

just finished packing a few minutes ago, lastminute.com in this house! :D

yes i am a recent amputee, have to keep telling myself that, i have a second lease of life and want to try things i havent done in years, my husband thinks i am having a 'mid life crisis'!

dont know if i will have internet access where i am going, but will update all when i get back

takecare

keep smiling

Terri ;)

hi all

back from scotland and what a wicked time i had! Looking back on the weeks photos, i cannot believe what we achieved!

white water rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, clay pigeon shooting, archery, quad biking and high rope walking. have loads of photos if anyone would like to see them?

spent the week with 12 other amputees (all ex military and all as mad as the first!) mixture of arm, below and above knee amputees, age range 25 - 65 years old. it was brilliant being able to compare and relate to one anothers stories. As you all know i am a recent amputee, so everything is new to me, i certainly learnt alot about where i go wrong, what i should be looking at and above all a confidence boost with what i am doing.

before i had my leg off i dont think i would have dreamt of doing half of what i have done since the leg has gone, i have been asked to go ski bobbing next in austria, think i may well take them up on the offer!

speak to you all soon

keep smiling

Terri ;)

Woweee, sounds like you had a great time. Good for you! :D

Bobbing in Austria, eh? To infinity and beyond .... !

''Aint no stoppin' us now

We're on the move

We got the groove ... '' :lol:

Sounds fun Terri....now where's the pics?? :)

Guest bearlover

Welcome back Teri! Sounds like you had a grand time!! How about some pics?? please.........